laundry costs

karenhere

Earning My Ears
hi!
GOING TO DISNEY IN SEPT. ! We are staying for 8 nights at ASMu and I was wondering how expensive is it to do laundry? Does anyone know if they have laundry pickup service and how much it is? Having to do laundry ruins the vacation, but wearing smelly clothes will ruin it too.
Any suggestions? thanks...:pinkbounc

Can't answer the cost question, but my laundry suggestion is to check at WM or your local store for the Tide or Wisk tablets. We took these along to South Dakota and it was fantastic-just carried a couple of packs in the over-nite bag where we store our Shampoo. Last year I was hauling a bottle of laundry soap to Florida-it was horrid.

I read this on another post recently. The cost recently went up to $2 wash, $2 dry. The dry cycle isn't supposed to be very long. You may need more than one cycle. At those outrageous prices, I'll be sure to pack enough clothes so that we don't have to do laundry.

There is pick-up service, but the prices will blow your mind. You could actually go to a discount store and buy some of the things new cheaper than you can have them laundered. The only one I remember is $1.50 for underwear. I do laundry either during "rest time" while the rest of my family is sleeping or at the pool or late at night after we return from the parks. It's a pain, but I don't have the wardrobe to stay at Disney a week or more when it's hot. Changing clothes after our mid-day break is more important to me than not doing laundry.

The prices at the WL for the machines were $2 for washing and $2 for drying. The wash cylce were average (35045 minutes dependig aon setting) and the dryer was 60 minutes which I thought was more then adaquat. I used one dryer cycle for two differnt loads, the dryers get VERY hot and I didn't want to shrink anythin so after it was almost complete ly dryer I took out the stuff and let it air dryer the rest of the night. Everything was dry by morning.

Peronally I don't think that the prices are way out of line. $1.75 used to be average prices in laundry mats in my town and it has been a few years since I have been to one. Guess it is what you are used to.

Looks like the price went up since our trip April 2001. We stayed at CBR Aruba. I did a very small load of laundry, $1.00 wash and $1.00 dry, but I ended up doing the dryer twice and it was really bad. We ended up having to dry most of the stuff hanging in the washroom in the room. I think next time I'll just wash out the stuff in the room and hang to dry. We basically only washed undies and socks.

I stayed at ASMo in Jan. 2000 and did a wash (me and mother only) and it was $1.00 for wash and dry ea. in quarters. The dryer did seem a bit short but they have these neat pull out drying lines in the bathrooms that we were able to hang up the stuff that wasn't completely dry with no hassle. The laundryroom was right next to the pool so I put in the wash and took a dip at the same time, it was great. I only wish I coud do wash like that at home. I don't think they have pick up service but you could call the hotel and ask. Hope this helps. Another thing, do get the laundry soap and dryer sheets at home, I don't remember how much they were but I do remember thinking they were way over priced. Target and Walmart both sell Tide in travelling size box or tablets, and Bounce dryer sheets in traveling pack. I'm looking for a small size Woolite, anyone seen these?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter