• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Laundry detergent in villas?

Weird, we stayed in BWV and Kidani studios last month and neither studio had detergent included. Since there was a vending machine in the laundry room, I figured the free box was a perk of 1-bedroom and up only.

We are habitual studio dwellers. On occasion I’ve had a box of laundry detergent but it is by no means the norm.

It depends on the resort, but some studios have a box of detergent and others don't. But all of the larger villas have a single box of detergent which is replenished during a full cleaning. Does anyone know if you get more detergent on Towel day cleaning day or what do you call it now since every day is trash day?

Easiest way we have found to bring laundry detergent is to pack a zip lock bag of those Tide (Any Brand) Pods, very easy to leave in your luggage and don't have to worry about liquid/powder detergent leaking out. Also, I think most of the resort stores sell detergent, or you could go down to the front desk and ask for some.

I agree that the pods work well. We tried them a few trips ago. Purex sheets are another good choice.

It's been very inconsistent, but so far we have been able to get a freebie by simply asking.

Check out Lucky Fiji laundry sheets as well (Amazon). A little more pricey than pods, but great for packing. :)

We have been in a one bedroom and a two bedroom and neither time had any laundry detergent. I guess it was just forgotten by mouse keeping? In either case we pack tide pods and bounce sheets. Makes my suitcase smell nice too.

We are habitual studio dwellers. On occasion I’ve had a box of laundry detergent but it is by no means the norm.
This has been our experience in studios, sometimes we have a box of laundry detergent.

It depends on the resort, but some studios have a box of detergent and others don't. But all of the larger villas have a single box of detergent which is replenished during a full cleaning. Does anyone know if you get more detergent on Towel day cleaning day or what do you call it now since every day is trash day?
I’ve seen it appear after towel day a few times-we almost always stay in studios but the few times we were in a larger unit I’m pretty certain they replaced it-they leave it on top of the washer usually and even if you don’t use it you have to move it to use the washer-so I think if they don’t notice it they replace it (or that’s been my experience)

I usually get a 6 load size bottle of liquid detergent from Dollar Tree. I pack it inside of a ziplock bag, in case of a leak, and put it in my checked luggage.

I agree that the pods work well. We tried them a few trips ago. Purex sheets are another good choice.

I quit using the Purex sheets when they left spots on some of my nicer blouses and some of the Dri-Fit polos . We usually dine at a signature restaurant once a trip and we dress in resort clothes to enhance the experience. I know many guests wear fitness clothes will at the parks and it would be a shame for them to get spotted. The spots came out with a pre-soak and washing with a pod.

We gotten both All and a generic green brand. Used to get Tide, but haven't gotten Tide in a long, long time.

Just curious - since usually detergent is provided in the 1 & 2 bedroom villas, why are dryer sheets not also provided? Is it simply a cost consideration?

Just curious - since usually detergent is provided in the 1 & 2 bedroom villas, why are dryer sheets not also provided? Is it simply a cost consideration?
Not everyone uses them. I never use fabric softener at all. Plus you really don't need them to do your laundry, but you do need detergent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter