Laundry detergent? (RR 2BR lock off)

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
We have our first DVC stay starting Thursday in a RR resort 2 BR lockoff. Will we be able to get as much laundry detergent as we need, and if so is it just in the room or do we have to call and have them bring it up each time? If not, so they sell it and where? If we have to bring our own, are the machines he or not? I don’t use pods at home, but if we have to bring our own that seems easiest and I’m not sure how they work with he vs regular, I’ll have to check.

we’re not planning on tons of laundry, but with 9 people and 9 nights I know we’ll do some, towels at least, and with it in the room we might end up doing more than I expect.

You will have a couple of small bottles in the room. They do sell it in the shop if you want to buy more. We always do laundry, just makes for lighter packing. I bring pods and dryer sheets from home.

There are usually a couple of boxes and I've never had a problem when asking for more.

You will have a couple of small bottles in the room. They do sell it in the shop if you want to buy more. We always do laundry, just makes for lighter packing. I bring pods and dryer sheets from home.
I forgot about dryer sheets.
So I’m your experience if we want to do more than a load or maybe 2 we have to buy it or bring it? I don’t mind buying, but it might be easier to throw some pods and dryer sheets in. Tide pods are ok for their machines?
There are usually a couple of boxes and I've never had a problem when asking for more.
You call and they bring more at no charge, or do they charge you line I read they used to (or maybe still do, IDK) for more toiletries and towels? I guess maybe it’s just easier to plan on bringing some anyway.

I assume there is dish detergent and dishwasher detergent, or do I have to pack that also? I keep thinking of more things! Ok I’m almost starting to think it’s easier to just have a regular hotel room lol! It’s like when you rent a cabin somewhere and have to bring literally everything haha! (JK, it’s obviously not that bad 😬! We don’t have to bring sheets and pots and pans 😊).

I have some pods packed for Sept trip and a few dryer sheets . There is dish detergent and dishwasher detergent also !

You call and they bring more at no charge, or do they charge you line I read they used to
I'm not sure I've ever been charged for it, but even if I had been, it would have been at most a buck or two--well below my threshold of noticing.

We routinely bring laundry and dishwasher detergent for all timeshare stays, including DVC. We prefer to use our normal brands.

Walk down the hallway and ask one of the housekeepers for detergent (it is on the cart). I believe the washers at RR use "he" detergent, that's what we used. Packing dryer sheets in a Ziploc bag is easy.

The laundry detergent is the Ecos brand and each bottle is good for two loads. They have been leaving two bottles for our most recent stays. You can call to get more. No more powdered detergent left in the villas. Washers in the villas are standard washers. Washers in the laundry rooms for studios are HE.

We always bring some pods with us. It's seems to be the most convenient solution.

The laundry detergent is the Ecos brand and each bottle is good for two loads. They have been leaving two bottles for our most recent stays. You can call to get more. No more powdered detergent left in the villas. Washers in the villas are standard washers. Washers in the laundry rooms for studios are HE.

Though they can and do switch brands with no notice - I suspect its whomever they can get a promotional supply for cheap or free from. If you break out from detergent, bring your own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter