• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lawn Care Duration? noise issues

Raya

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! We had a late night and were woken up at 9am by a full lawn care crew at work. They're still working, now. Does anyone know how often and for how long the lawn care process works? Is it everyday or one day a week?

We're going to be at the parks until 2am tonight, and another 9am wake up call that I can't get away from will cause havok with our afternoon plans tomorrow.

Please don't flame me - I know maintenance has to be done, I'm just looking to find out how many of my mornings will include loud industrial noise and for how long.

They don’t mow the lawn every day but there are other noises that they can make. It won’t happen every day, though, unless there is construction at the resort.

I know I have seen the workers with leaf blowers daily, but they do not stay in 1 area very long.

Hi everyone! We had a late night and were woken up at 9am by a full lawn care crew at work. They're still working, now. Does anyone know how often and for how long the lawn care process works? Is it everyday or one day a week?

We're going to be at the parks until 2am tonight, and another 9am wake up call that I can't get away from will cause havok with our afternoon plans tomorrow.

Please don't flame me - I know maintenance has to be done, I'm just looking to find out how many of my mornings will include loud industrial noise and for how long.

LOL! What part of the country do you live in? The reason that I ask is that in these extremely hot climates (I live even further south and hotter) lawn mowers and other lawn implements start up around 7:00, as soon as it's light, to beat the heat. It used to really bother me, too, when we first moved down here from up North, but now I've accepted it as a way of life.

You'd probably get a better answer by checking with the front desk. This is also why I always travel with earplugs, you never know what kind of noises you'll encounter.

What the others said - there is "upkeep" noise every single morning - typically, I have found it starts around 7-8. They probably have ear plugs in the shop, or you can download a white noise app?

This is a common. Usually at 0800. It gets hot so they need to finish before mid afternoon. Not only at Disney but anyplace warm. I’ll always welcome the noise as they keep the place looking perfect. Also. By 0800 we are up getting ready so non issue. If we wanted to sleep. I’d bring ear plugs. But it’s Disney! Well get all the sleep when we are dead. We need.

Even if the front desk can give you a lawn maintenance schedule, there is zero way to control noise at WDW resorts. We've been woken up at all hours due to crews fixing water main breaks, engineers drilling into the wall right behind our headboard, luaus, fireworks, electric water pageants, trucks backing up at 6 am, a man screaming at his kid to brush his teeth and, on one trip, after planning to sleep late after MNSSHP, a domestic violence incident that required law enforcement intervention at 5 am. WDW resorts are, quite literally, the noisiest resorts I have ever stayed in. I don't mean to sound unsympathetic. We've had many plans "adjusted" due to lack of sleep the night before. It's not fun, but it's not really in your control.

LOL! What part of the country do you live in? The reason that I ask is that in these extremely hot climates (I live even further south and hotter) lawn mowers and other lawn implements start up around 7:00, as soon as it's light, to beat the heat. It used to really bother me, too, when we first moved down here from up North, but now I've accepted it as a way of life.
Heck, on Thursdays we get woken up around 6:45AM by the crew doing the school yard across the street from us. Luckily we have impact windows on the front that help with some of the noise. Now that school is out, they may start a bit later, like 7 or 7:30.

The crews doing the grounds at WDW are contractors and may even start some areas just before dawn. When my son worked in Horticulture at the MK, he usually started work at 4AM and worked until about Noon. They try to get most of the busy stuff done before the guests are up and moving around the resort.

Ear plugs just might be an item you want to stick in your suitcase next time. They might even have them in the resort store.

Call me crazy, but I love hearing them working on the landscaping early in the morning. Just love seeing how they keep the beautiful landscaping manicured. I just sit on the balcony with a cup of coffee and take it all in. :cloud9:

I'd also love to still be asleep at 9 AM. Thanks offspring who wakes with the sun.

My best suggestion if late sleep is needed.... Stay in a savannah view at AKL especially the rooms at the end of the halls... never heard a peep from outside in the 7 times I stayed there -- but you sometimes here people in the hall... I personally have never been woken up by any of the noises people complain but I will say the loudest was CR near chef Mickey and that was from people.

Call me crazy, but I love hearing them working on the landscaping early in the morning. Just love seeing how they keep the beautiful landscaping manicured. I just sit on the balcony with a cup of coffee and take it all in. :cloud9:
I have to agree. We travel down to WDW every February and being from Michigan where the temps are usually in the 20's and my green grass is white, it makes me feel good to see and smell grass being cut at that time of the year. Especially since I am not doing the cutting.

Our last stay at POFQ they used the leaf blower every darn day when we were at the pool. It honestly became a nuisance. It would have been nice if they did that area at 7am instead of noon when the pool area is full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter