Lawsuit over Mike

raidermatt

Be water, my friend.
No, not Eisner. Here's the link...

Orlando Business Journel Article

And here's some excerpts:

...In a federal lawsuit filed here, Campbell alleges that Burbank, Calif.-based Walt Disney Co., Walt Disney World Co. and Disney Enterprises, "having seen Campbell's one-eyed smiling face, have misappropriated the character for their own commercial gain." ...
"We consider the case to be totally without merit," says Marilyn Waters, spokesperson for Walt Disney World, who also spoke on behalf of the other two Disney companies.
(Although Pixar helped Disney create the Wazowski character, it is not named as a defendant in the suit.)

If you want to look at Scramble's character, it's at www.scramblecampbell.com.

Its a yellow thing, and unless he has some proof, other than just a comparison of the two characters, I don't think he has a chance.

But my question is, why is he only sueing Disney, and not Pixar? Is it just because he's going after the deeper pockets?

I thought Disney had no part in the creative content of the Pixar films? Did they collaborate on character development, as the article indicates?

Has he lost his mind? A yellow circle (ala the happy face from the 1970's) with teeth added and one eye removed. I'd bet hundreds of kids have drawn something nearly identical to that over the years. Very original.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter