LAX Help

MARAJIM

Earning My Ears
Hi! Just joined this site to help get answers for my family's upcoming trip. My quick first question is that I had to fly into LAX instead of the closer airports and I'm worried about the travel times. We will be renting a car since we are going to go to Legoland one day. We fly in on a Saturday morning at 9:45. And we leave on a Wednesday morning on a 11:15 flight. I'm thinking will all the California nightmare rush hour traffic I may be in for trouble heading back to the airport on Wednesday. Is this true? How long will it take on a weekday morning? TIA for the first of possibly many silly questions!

Yes, you'll hit traffic on your way to LAX Wednesday morning. If you take the 105 fwy, you should be able to minimize your travel time somewhat. From DL, take either the 5 to the 605 to the 105 or take the 5 to the 91 to the 605 to the 105. Exit Sepulveda Blvd and follow the signs to Car Return. If your flight is 11:15, I'm guessing you'll plan to get to the airport around 9:15, which means you should leave the DLR area around 7:15 or so, just to be sure you've got enough time (you might be okay to leave at 7:45). Better to arrive early and hang around the airport than to be running late and stress yourself out.

I recommend leaving about 9am, 9:30 will be cutting it close.

The fastest way to get to LAX from the Disneyland Resort area is to take the 5 fwy north - get in the carpool lane, and go to the 91 west from the carpool lane. Get out of the carpool lane after you pass Valley View. When you see the sign for the 605 north, get towards your right lane. Take 605 north to the 105 west (about a mile or two down). Take the 105 west to the Aviation exit (right after the 405 fwy exit). Get off, & you'll be on Imperial Hwy. Turn left & get in your right lane (You'll see a sign for car rental returns). Turn right on Aviation and get in your left lane. Turn left on Century Blvd. Follow the signs to car rental - turn right on Airport.

605 exit
ca-091_wb_exit_017b_02.jpg

LAX Map

map-lax.gif

terminal-lax.gif

LAX Terminal Map

LA & Orange County Map
11450map_la_oc1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter