LAX to Anaheim, best option/cost/opinions

gardengirl2790

Mouseketeer
Hello, I’ll be flying in solo early on a Sunday in late November and heading to aDisneyland resort hotel. I’ve ridden the Super Shuttle and the former Disneyland and bus, but it’s been several years. I’m curious if Lyft/Uber is the best option? Or?

I think Lyft/Uber will work well, especially in lower traffic times. If it's very early on Sunday, it should be an easy ride. It will cost more than Super Shuttle, etc. but personally I think it's worth it.

There are always taxis. At this point, it's all the same. Take whatever you can get the fastest after leaving the baggage claim area.

Just FYI I think rideshares and taxis are not able to pick you up at the terminal - you have to shuttle or walk to a lot by Terminal 1. So you might want to factor that in. Car services can, pick you up curbside, but they are more $.

When I price out shuttles they are never cheaper than uber/lyft. I am unable to find the supposed $20 (or less) per person that everyone says. The cheapest quote is always around $100 one way for both of us. When I price out Uber/Lyft its always $50 - $70 depending on day and time

If it's just you, I would use Lyft. We've used shuttle, Taxi, Uber, Lyft and car rental. I now have made a habit of renting a car for the first day or two to get things done such as drinks, snacks and anything we are doing outside of the park (I schedule at the beginning of the trip) and then drop the rental off at the location closest to my hotel (it used to be inside the PPH). Otherwise, I have found that Lyft is the cheapest but haven't compared it since January 2020. Good luck and have fun!

We just went about 2 weeks ago and used Uber to and from LAX to Paradise Pier. It was about $55 each way, not including tip. Super affordable for us. Like someone else mentioned, you have to ride the shuttle to the Uber/Lyft/rideshare lot to be picked up but they can drop you at your terminal for the return trip. Look for the green LAXit signs to get the shuttle (there was a huge line when we were there but we got on the first one). It was all super easy! Not sure if you're staying at Paradise Pier, but drop off was quite confusing for us but we figured it out. I recommend Uber/Lyft for sure!

My DD and I made a trip to LAX in September. It was our first time flying to DLR. We opted for uber and be sure to look for the shuttle to LAXIT after you land. This shuttle will take you to rideshare area. It was a simple process and I will definitely use it again in the future.

We just went about 2 weeks ago and used Uber to and from LAX to Paradise Pier. It was about $55 each way, not including tip. Super affordable for us. Like someone else mentioned, you have to ride the shuttle to the Uber/Lyft/rideshare lot to be picked up but they can drop you at your terminal for the return trip. Look for the green LAXit signs to get the shuttle (there was a huge line when we were there but we got on the first one). It was all super easy! Not sure if you're staying at Paradise Pier, but drop off was quite confusing for us but we figured it out. I recommend Uber/Lyft for sure!
When did you order your Uber? Did you order it before you took the shuttle to LAXit?

Definitely just Uber/Lyft. You might save a little money if you can find a deal for a shuttle but the shuttles take longer and can be a real hassle.

Taxi will be more expensive and probably not much easier. I always just Uber.

When did you order your Uber? Did you order it before you took the shuttle to LAXit?
We put it in once we got to the lot. The lot is divided into different numbered spots and you will need to know what spot you are in to tell the Uber driver. We just walked a row or two over to a number that looked less crowded. Everyone seems to huddle around where you are dropped off. It took maybe 10 minutes to be picked up once we requested a driver. Super easy!

We put it in once we got to the lot. The lot is divided into different numbered spots and you will need to know what spot you are in to tell the Uber driver. We just walked a row or two over to a number that looked less crowded. Everyone seems to huddle around where you are dropped off. It took maybe 10 minutes to be picked up once we requested a driver. Super easy!
Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter