Le Cellier or Shula’s

I agree totally for the most part regarding your DDP assessment coming from someone who has never used the DDP, we have always paid oop or used TIW or earlier incarnations of that discount plan. However, since it switched to 2 credits "its a horrible restaurant, the food is atrocious, the service sucks, the tables are too close, golden corral, applebees or outback at best etc". Nothing has changed except the price. The food is still good, the service is still as good as it was before it went to 2 credits, the tables have not gotten any closer. Yes the bang for your buck has changed. Yes there are much better values on the Dining plan but to bash a restaurant because it costs more the way this place gets bashed is wrong in my opinion. Ive eaten here at least every 2 years since 1999 and have never had a bad meal. Granted my experience does not invalidate or devalue others experiences at all, it just boggles my mind the way this place gets trashed now a days.

I'm not one of the bashers. I say the good and the bad and let people decide. You have to watch reviews on the dis or anywhere. Some people will lose their favorite thing and boom, what was once awesome once they lose their thing, they turn around and dead pan it. I don't know whether you were here for it but when Ohana changed from pineapple to bread pudding with Bananas foster, it flat out got totally deadpanned here. And really, that was an upgrade. But you wouldn't know it by reading most of the reviews here. The Pineapple is gone. The cheapskates. My meal was ruined and it totally was lousy anyway. You Disney Dining plan rif raf are ruining all our favorite restaurants. All those waitresses I thought were awesome last time were rude and obnoxious. On and on and on it went. When I lost my exploit of Spoodles, I knew it was coming and wasn't broken up about it. It simply was not sustainable. But Spoodles remained a favorite and still came highly suggested from me.

Last edited:
Shulas, no contest. Going back seven or eight years ago, LeCellier was our favorite restaurant on property. It then became the "it" restaurant (something like Be Our Guest is these days). Prices went up and it became a difficult ADR to score, and subsequently became a signature restaurant. More tables were crammed in the space, and the quality of the overall experience suffered greatly. The food is still OK, but we just don't enjoy being there. Shula's is consistently good and a much better dining experience.

We often go to both in the same trip and Shula's is by far the better restaurant. The only downside to going to Shula's is you won't be able to get the Cheddar cheese soup.

Any objective evaluation would have to result in ... Shula's. (Even though he's become an embittered, stuck in the past NFL coach with no real knowledge of today's NFL, I still like the restaurant)

Yup. He wasn't too happy with Bama firing his son Mike, either....but it appears we made the right choice. :D

Yup. He wasn't too happy with Bama firing his son Mike, either....but it appears we made the right choice. :D
Laughing....

You see, I'm rating a RESTAURANT - not a football coach :). And the RESTAURANT is stunning :).
I'm gonna go out for a great dinner.... everyone ELSE can go play football :).

Any objective evaluation would have to result in ... Shula's. (Even though he's become an embittered, stuck in the past NFL coach with no real knowledge of today's NFL, I still like the restaurant)

I must have missed when you told us how many Superbowl winning teams you coached.

I must have missed when you told us how many Superbowl winning teams you coached.

Well, if that's the qualifier for criticism, I'm sure there are many here who give restaurant reviews who have never managed a restaurant, many who complain about the DMV who have never worked there, and I'm positive there are tons of folks who criticize politicians but have never been one.

Well, if that's the qualifier for criticism, I'm sure there are many here who give restaurant reviews who have never managed a restaurant, many who complain about the DMV who have never worked there, and I'm positive there are tons of folks who criticize politicians but have never been one.

You don't need to manage a restaurant or to know how the food tastes. If it's overcooked, it's overcooked. But that doesn't qualify you to claim the chef has no real knowledge of how to cook. Similarly, as someone that watches football, you don't need to be a coach to know a team isn't winning enough. But that doesn't qualify you to claim a coach has no real knowledge of the game. And Shula does indeed have knowledge of the game as evidenced by his record. You don't coach as long as he did, win Superbowls, and the like if you don't have any knowledge of the game.

Oh yeah, so Shula's won two Superbowls, been to several more, won a ton of games, and known as one of the greatest coaches of all time. But he doesn't know squat.
Saying Shula doesn't know football is like saying Joel Robuchon, a guy who has tons of Michelin stars doesn't know how to cook. The record clearly indicates otherwise and the statement isn't even close to credible.

Last edited:
You don't need to manage a restaurant or to know how the food tastes. If it's overcooked, it's overcooked. But that doesn't qualify you to claim the chef has no real knowledge of how to cook. Similarly, as someone that watches football, you don't need to be a coach to know a team isn't winning enough. But that doesn't qualify you to claim a coach has no real knowledge of the game. And Shula does indeed have knowledge of the game as evidenced by his record. You don't coach as long as he did, win Superbowls, and the like if you don't have any knowledge of the game.

Oh yeah, so Shula's won two Superbowls, been to several more, won a ton of games, and known as one of the greatest coaches of all time. But he doesn't know squat.
Saying Shula doesn't know football is like saying Joel Robuchon, a guy who has tons of Michelin stars doesn't know how to cook. The record clearly indicates otherwise and the statement isn't even close to credible.

I'll translate for your: He's a bitter, old, curmudgeon, who has no frame of reference concerning today's NFL in which negotiating the salary cap and free agency has changed the entire landscape.

Last edited:
You will definitely enjoy it! I think it is the right choice given the date night aspect, since there will be more kids and noise in Le Cellier given that it is in the park and on the DDP. But just for others reading this, I'm going to offer a small plug for Le Cellier solely on the ground that, while nice steakhouses are a plenty at home, the only place you can get the "Disney" experience is Disney. It's what drives us back to San Angel Inn time and time again even though we can eat far better Mexican food at home.

ASnd f you feel like a little extra dose of Disney-ness, you could always wander the boardwalk, play mini golf, or go back into epcot illuminations after your dinner at Shula.

The Disney experience being poor quality food and bad service? Gee, that's worth paying extra for.

Honestly, the only thing "Disney " about LeCellier is the fact that your are overpaying

For years, my husband and I wanted to try Le Celier - we were so disappointed. The theming is great but the table they sat us at was small and crowded. The food mediocre. I would try Shula's but be prepred to pay.

I love Le Cellier but I got really sick the last time I ate there. I don’t think it was the restaurant. I think I was dehydrated. There were 4 of us. When I ate there with my husband the first time we had a cool thing happen the person next to us had credits on there ddp because one of them had gotten sick so they paid for our meal. That was a great night. I don’t think it matters where you eat especially if you’ve never eaten there before. That’s the fun of Disney!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter