:) Le Cellier Review

We still like Le Cellier, we ate there on 12/20 before our 8:15 Candelight show and we enjoyed it very much. Does it deserve it's "iconic" status? I would agree with Kevin that it does not. It's a good meal, and we always enjoy it, but it's not one where you come out thinking nothing could possibly be better.

We are big fans of Narcoosee's and I think Le Cellier, while good-ranks below our experiences at Narcoosee's. Based on Kevin's reviews, next December's trip will probably include Chef's de France and Yachtsman's Steak House.

Perhaps le Cellier's iconic status is due to just the poor competition it has around World Showcase. By comparison, its a great place to eat. Now, if we could only get some of the other "countries" to improve their offerings then you'd soon find that le Cellier would lose its following quickly.

So When did the Chef at Le Cellier Change? And was the former Chef Abducted by Aliens? Is him/her nailed in place at Buzz Lightyear?

I am not sure exactly when the chef changed, I think it was last fall. The chef at LeCellier moved to Jiko.
Just looked it up, was last august.

beachwarmer makes a good point but I'd like to add a bit to it.

What makes my dining experience a bit skewed is whether I am hungry or not. When in WDW we have table service usually twice a day. This is way more food then I would even consider eating at home. By the end of the trip I am full all day long making those earlier meals more enticing then the ones at the end of the trip.

If fine dining is what you wish, then the short walk out of the International Gateway to Yachtsman is well worth it.

Can we just get a sticky about Kevin at the top of the board?
Just with the basics of how he conducts his reviews and how he has a no picture policy would do. That way we could discuss the topic instead of debating Kevin.

If we keep this up Kevin will think it's all about him and turn into Bob. :scared1:

I have been waiting for Kevin's review of Le Cellier since Christmas and I can say that I am very sad now that I have heard it. I had my fingers crossed that Kevin, John, Bob, and their families would have a great experience unlike the other reviews/reports that I have been reading. Le Cellier was our (DH & I) favorite meal from our last trip and we have an ADR for our last night in WDW in 2 weeks.

Now I do not know what to do (maybe cry)!! Kevin, I know you will say this is just your opinion and that I should try it for myself, but lately many people share that same opinion (John, Bob, board members). We are on the dining plan and currently have ADR's for Narcoosee's and Chefs de France (as you can tell I really respect Kevin's opinion). Any suggestions for a one TS credit restaurant to replace Le Cellier? What would you do - change ADR or go ahead to Le Cellier?

Kevin, John, Bob, and pod-squad members - thanks for hearing me out and offering your suggestions. Now where is the kleenex?!?

Rachel

Rachel - I would KEEP that reservation! I went for the very first time last month (Dec 07), and it was absolutely hands-down the BEST meal I've ever had at Disney. I was with 7 other family members who all LOVED their meals. Some of us had questionable desserts (I hated mine), but that was all I could say bad about it. Would I definitely go again? ABSOLUTELY!!

We have been going to WDW a minimum of three times per year since around 1999 and on our earlier trips, Le Cellier was one of our favorite restaurants. The ambiance is really great. However, for the past three or four years we noticed the quality of food slipping. The last few times we ate there we really felt like the steaks were on par with the Golden Coral. I think this is a result of inferior quality of ingredients. The one time I tried the cheese soup, I thought, "What's the big deal? It's cheese soup." Not terrible, but not worth the price. So now we eat at the Rose-n-Crown when we eat dinner at Epcot.

I have wondered why over the last few years the restaurant has garnered such a reputation and following and I still don't understand.:confused3 I can't believe that we just happened to hit the restaurant on all their bad nights.

I folks , just to tell you that I had an ADR for 9 persons for Le Cellier and I followed Kevin's suggestion to split my ADR into more than one table... I had 3 tables (4+3+2).

When we arrived at the podium they where more than pleased to accomodate us with one table of 10 just in from of the fireplace...simply wonderfull....The service was perfect and efficient

At our table we had the mushroom filet mignon and the regular filet mignon. They were cooked to the perfection and my belly was full and I'm a big eater...

Go to Le Cellier !

Sylvain

I sure wish I was there having the filet right now.... YUM!!

Shrimp cocktail & wasabi slaw... YUM!

Cheddar Soup and all the bread... YUM!

If any of you want to cancel your LeCellier ADRs let me know! I'd be happy to go down for a couple days and eat there everyday!

Just don't be surprised when you get half as much as you are used to getting and you pay more than you are used to paying.

Kevin

Just don't be surprised when you get half as much as you are used to getting and you pay more than you are used to paying.

Kevin

My thoughts exactly. Our dinner, while by no means "bad" just wasn't as wonderful as it was last year. Smaller portions. Longer wait. Tables that sat empty the entire dinner while patron's were turned away.

Two years ago, our Canadian College kid, was so wonderful and so happy to be there. So excited to describe Ice wine, etc. Our waitress was so rushed, she listened to my Dad, over her shoulder trying to move away.

I'm curious to see how Le Cellier has changed. We haven't been back there in about 1-2 years, but are going in April. My parents are also going next week. I'll let you all know how it goes! :) Thanks Kevin!

So I'm thinking Kevin and I have the same taste and expectations when we go to restaurants. Like someone else said... a main part of my vacation is the FOOD! I love trying new places and new things I don't mind paying a lot for dinner but I sure better enjoy my expensive meal! My mother and I pretty much had the exact same meal at Chefs de France as the review and I couldn't have agreed more. It was by far one of the best dining experiences I had at Disney in the 35-40 times I've been down there. I'm going again in May and we have reservations for Le Cellier and I definitely don't have high hopes anymore. There are too many so-so reviews but I am still going to try it. I just won't be getting the tomato stack! haha! (by the way...I had the same 'stack' at Tony's at the MK...pretty disapointing!)

i would agree with disneygirllinnj. Chefs de France was an excellent dining exprerience. we stayed a week with the DDP and the appetizer from CdF was by far our favorite- ratatouille and calamari. now i'm feeling a rumbly in my tummy.

Well, we are so thankful that we kept our reservation at Le Cellier. We ate there on our last night in WDW and I was a little nervous. However, our meal was excellent. DH and I both had the Cheddar Bacon Soup and it was amazing - so amazing that I was tempted to order another bowl! I then had the Mushroom Filet. It was cooked (medium) and seasoned perfectly - I cleaned my plate. I then followed up my dinner with the Whiskey Cake - this was not as amazing as last time but it was still good.

Our waiter was Mattie and he was incredible. Our food did not appear all at once and our drinks were consistently refilled. He chatted with us about how he ended up at WDW and shared some of his experiences (since he has been here) with us. He returns to Canada in April. I had made note on our ADR that it was our anniversary and Mattie did not fail to recognize it. In fact, after our dessert, he brought us a second anniversary dessert!

We will be booking Le Cellier for our next trip - whenever that may be.

By the way, we also ate at Chefs de France and will be eating there again. We actually liked it so much that we considered eating there a second time but couldn't work it into our schedule.

I havent listened to it, but I know Dec 13th 2007 will stick out as my 2nd best steak to this point :).

I had the maple BBQ filet, the cheese soup, the apple spice dessert and was in heaven. I dont like 'fancy' resuraunts, I like steak and taters, and OMG IMO LC was just about the best I've had. My opinion of course, but it's the only one that counts to me :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter