Learning to play golf at WDW (DVC Programmes)

Clifford@BWV&VWL

Earning My Ears
Hi! We're counting down the minutes to our vacation in October to WDW. I am keen to start to learn golf and where better than Florida! I have no experience at all so I am looking for some advice please. Through the various DVC golfing programmes is there something there that would suit me? or is there a better solution? Any info on prices... and the best approach would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance, Dave.
sat in the not so sunny north of England. :( :p

There are a number of very nice courses at WDW. I'd contact the pro shops at one (or all) of the courses for availability of a session with the pro. A couple of years ago, I looked into a short game program at the Disney Institute. There were some other half and full day programs available at that time. Since then there have been lots of changes at DI but it might be worth a call (or visit their websight). Good luck - keep your head down.

Disney has various instructional group programs conducted at the courses out of the pro shops and I believe at least one is for beginners. Do not know price. For information on any programs it has call 1-407-WDW-GOLF.

Hi Clifford,

Last June, DH and I took a 3-4 hour course at Disney Institute. We are absolute Beginers! Anyhow, it was lots of fun and informative. I complained about the heat, but before I knew it, the time was up.

Unfortunately, we have not played since, but this November when we go back, I will enroll us in the program once again.

Just a reminder, start doing stretching exercises now. I was very sore for a week!

June

DH has taken two 'courses' with the pros at Disney and has been very impressed with them. He is not a newbie, but has learned something everytime and really feels that they are worth the money. Once he was the only one in class! Take about good student-teacher ratios!! He may take another in Oct when we are there. Be sure to let them know you are beginners. FORE !
:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter