Least expensive direct cost?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Does anyone know what resort that would be if we added on direct? I want March UY, am looking at resales as well. So many resales are stripped until ‘19, that does not suit me, especially if DVC will let me bank.

Thank you.

Does anyone know what resort that would be if we added on direct? I want March UY, am looking at resales as well. So many resales are stripped until ‘19, that does not suit me, especially if DVC will let me bank.

Thank you.
HH and Vero are $115/pt. but the savings are quickly eaten up by MFs. SSR and OKW are next @$145/pt. Any OKW contracts sold directly would have the extended expiration date of 2057.
http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/pricing-a-promotions

Keep an eye on the resales. I think the ones with banked points sell a lot quicker than the ones that are stripped, so you have to be on the email lists or work with a broker who knows what you want. I'd talk to a broker before buying direct to see just how hard it is. Many resales are sooooo much cheaper than direct.

Congrats!
Thank you....those points represent 75 “extra” compared to what we had originally. DH hopes to book a GV at Aulani....those are expensive villas. He was so disappointed with our OV 2 bedroom the last time we went, he wants to assure a real OV! We were the last designated OV in a wing, next to us was a lesser cost view. It was slightly ocean view, but disappointing. We complained once we were home, we should have done that when we were there, we would have been willing to move and pay to do so.

Thank you.

Vero is $115 right now, but if you are willing to wait until January 17, 2018, it will be $100.

SSR is consistently calculated to be the most economical resort to purchase. BLT second. An OKW extended is good also, but with unknowns in 24 years.

Is that your usual signature, or are the guys laughing at the idea of a price being reduced?
It's my usual , I'm a big Curb Your Enthusiasm fan. Really, they are reducing the price and announced it before they did it.

I think Disney might get an uptick for requests for a 25 point direct contracts with Vero Beach here soon.

I think Disney might get an uptick for requests for a 25 point direct contracts with Vero Beach here soon.

I doubt it. Only 25 points there won't get much, $15 per point is only a $375 savings, and the MFs are so high it will make a lot of people realize that it is still not at all a good deal.

I doubt it. Only 25 points there won't get much, $15 per point is only a $375 savings, and the MFs are so high it will make a lot of people realize that it is still not at all a good deal.

It could make sense depending on your situation. Yes the dues are $2 more than most resorts but that's only $50 a year on a 25 point contract. Meanwhile you save $1,775 upfront ($171 vs $100) so it would take 35 years of higher dues to make up the difference and there's only 24 years left anyways. In the very long run the later expiration resorts are cheaper.

It could make sense depending on your situation. Yes the dues are $2 more than most resorts but that's only $50 a year on a 25 point contract. Meanwhile you save $1,775 upfront ($171 vs $100) so it would take 35 years of higher dues to make up the difference and there's only 24 years left anyways. In the very long run the later expiration resorts are cheaper.

SSR will be $151. $151 x 25 points is 3775. That's $1275 more expensive upfront. For that extra upfront money, you are saving $66.75 per year in MFs ($146.50 vs. $213.25). Over the course of 25 years, that would be a savings of $1668.75. Much more than making up for the $1275 purchase difference. This is not taking into account that the savings will actually be much greater, as MFs will always be rising, most likely more so at Vero Beach. Also, at the end of those 25 years, someone can either decide to stay at SSR, or flip the remaining 15 years left on that contract for a profit. Either way, it is a clear win for those who want to add on at SSR when looking to get the cheapest points possible.

SSR will be $151. $151 x 25 points is 3775. That's $1275 more expensive upfront. For that extra upfront money, you are saving $66.75 per year in MFs ($146.50 vs. $213.25). Over the course of 25 years, that would be a savings of $1668.75. Much more than making up for the $1275 purchase difference. This is not taking into account that the savings will actually be much greater, as MFs will always be rising, most likely more so at Vero Beach. Also, at the end of those 25 years, someone can either decide to stay at SSR, or flip the remaining 15 years left on that contract for a profit. Either way, it is a clear win for those who want to add on at SSR when looking to get the cheapest points possible.

Yes the dues rise in a compound manner. Expect Vero dues to cost A LOT more than the example. Also when / if hurricanes hit, the policy deductibles. Finally Vero ends much sooner when your SSR will have a residual value or points rental (currently around 13% pa) return.
If you are looking for the 'best value ' no question it's SSR- always has been and always likely will be.

Yes the dues rise in a compound manner. Expect Vero dues to cost A LOT more than the example. Also when / if hurricanes hit, the policy deductibles. Finally Vero ends much sooner when your SSR will have a residual value or points rental (currently around 13% pa) return.
If you are looking for the 'best value ' no question it's SSR- always has been and always likely will be.

Yep. That's why Disney is being backed into actually asking less money for points at one of their resorts. I believe this is their first time in history. It is not being done out of the goodness of their hearts, rather to make a bad deal not as ridicously bad as it could otherwise be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter