Least Perishable Items at Karamell-Küche?

wmjeffer

Mouseketeer
My mom LOVES the caramel apples at Karamell-Kuche. She's not coming along for our December trip and I'd love to get her something from there as a small present for Christmas. I don't think an apple will make it, even if we buy it on our last day (December 12). But I'd rather do something more than just the prepackaged stuff. Any suggestions on items that will last 12 days after purchase?

There have been Wuerther's Sour Apple/ Caramel candies in the past. I didn't look for them in August, so I don't know if they're still there.

Will you see Mom before Christmas?

I know I would be thrilled w a box of caramels. Or anything from there. It’s my favorite place

I brought home the caramel squares for some friends, but didn't get to see them for quite a while. Since we weren't going to see them, I figured I might as well eat them. It was at least 3 weeks or so and they still tasted great (I put them in a plastic container to keep them fresh). For that caramel apple idea, she can cut both the squares and apples into chunks to enjoy.

You can save money and just hit up the grocery store at home and get the bagged Werther's caramels. Not much difference.

The caramel shortbread squares freeze really well too. My parents love them. We always buy them several. They freeze them and enjoy them throughout the year.

We used about a dozen snack credits one year on the big caramel squares and brought them home and put them in the freezer. Every one was delicious after defrosting to room temperature.

My mom LOVES the caramel apples at Karamell-Kuche. She's not coming along for our December trip and I'd love to get her something from there as a small present for Christmas. I don't think an apple will make it, even if we buy it on our last day (December 12). But I'd rather do something more than just the prepackaged stuff. Any suggestions on items that will last 12 days after purchase?

We bring home boxed caramel apples from Karamell and they are fine. We have even left them in the fridge for a few days.

I take home a lot from there every year. As soon as I buy it, I put everything in ziploc bags. It all lasts just fine (including the popcorn).

The caramel shortbread squares freeze really well too. My parents love them. We always buy them several. They freeze them and enjoy them throughout the year.

I love them too! Thanks for the tip about freezing them.

Whatever you get, make sure you bring containers to transport.

My sister and I did the Goofy's/Candy Cauldron Snack Credit Extravaganza on our last day. (I still have a hidden stash of peanut butter cups.)

Long story short, Disney's crappy plastic containers are garbage and multiple ones cracked and broke when going through Security Theater.

If you're getting a lot (or even a little) bring some kind of container to pack them in for safe transport home... Especially if you bring them in your carry-on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter