Leaving on Saturday-what am I forgetting?

mariolatry

DIS Veteran
We're leaving on Saturday to stay 7 days at the Poly. We're landing at around noon and taking Magical Express in. I know our luggage will show up long after we do, so I'm packing what's necessary in the carry-ons.

All necessary medications.
Contact lenses and supplies
Swim suits and goggles (to bide time at the pool)
Travel documents
My marked-up copy of the Passporter's Guide to WDW
Sunglasses
Sunblock
Dramamine (for husband's motion sickness)
Camera
Wet wipes

In suitcases:
iPod charger
phone chargers
8 outfits for the kids, each individually assembled and stuck in a ziploc bag
Sufficient clothes for my husband and I (haven't packed for us yet)
Addresses for postcards
Quarters and laundry soap (will probably wash one or two loads)
Cheapie rain ponchos
Cheapie glow bracelets for nighttime stuff
Shower kit with first-aid stuff, more sunblock, shower stuff, bug spray
"Big" pens to use for character autographs
Envelopes for Mousekeeping
Extra plastic bags for messy laundry, etc.

My Garden Grocer delivery of bottled water and breakfast foods is already set up. I was thinking I might pack two pairs of walking shoes for each person, in case a pair gets wet. Is that necessary or a waste of space? What else am I missing?

I would strongly suggests two pairs of shoes! Some are more comfortable than others and wet shoes usually lead to blisters. I always pack our toothbrushes and PJ's in my carry on just in case there is a problem with the luggage. It happened to my SIL and they didn't get their bags until midnight so her three kids were put to bed in clean PJ's from her carry on and their teeth were brushed. Just a suggestion:thumbsup2

I also put a comb or brush in my carry on for after swimming so we can go to dinner without being embarrassed :rotfl2:

Tell Mickey hello and have a magical trip!

Great list...good to compare to mine as we are leaving in 10 days...

I'm not sure what kind of camera you have but with mine I would need to pack the charger for my camera's rechargeable battery...

Also, I don't know if you have reservations but I have all the confirmation numbers, times, etc... saved on my phone...

Do you have stuff to keep the kiddos occupied on the plane? Don't forget their special lovies if they have them. I second bringing more then one pair of shoes. We usually bring several and rotate them. Are you doing anything special at night that you would like a nicer outfit? Don't forget hair pieces for the kiddos, like elastics and bows and such.

Depending on your cell phone, you might want your charger in your carry on in case the delivery of you luggage takes a long time.

Looks like you have all the bases covered! Enjoy your trip!

Depending on your cell phone, you might want your charger in your carry on in case the delivery of you luggage takes a long time.

This is what I was going to say. I usually put chargers in my carry-on bag. I'd probably carry-on the pens for the autographs too.

How old are the girls? Yes, entertainment for the plane is essential. My daughter is 9 and she has her own carry-on and she'll be carrying her own autograph book and pen and her entertainment for the plane.

Enjoy your trip. I wish we were leaving that soon, but we are down to 7 weeks. :cool1:

Looks like you are set! One tip that I got on the boards was a small power strip for multiple chargers, in case there's not enough outlets and the devices aren't scattered everywhere. :thumbsup2 Have girls? Don't forget the tangle spray!! My DD's hair is a nightmare without it. ;)

Have a great trip!!:cool1:
ec

Postcard stamps, water shoes or sandals for the pool or water rides, hat / baseball cap

as pp have said the power strip, water shoes and a second pair of shoes are needed. i would also consider putting chargers in carryon. rest looks good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter