Leaving one kid at home for a Disney trip

I most certainly would leave a baby home with relatives, and take my older child to Disneyworld. I just do not understand people who want to take babies there. :confused3 The baby doesn't enjoy it and more often than not the baby causes added stress on the parents. I think the parents would enjoy taking an older child so much more if they left the baby at home with either set of grandparents. And that would give the grandparents time to enjoy the baby as well. It's a win win situation, IMHO. :)

You are making quite a few assumptions- like everyone has grandparents to babysit....and babies causing stress? Not for us- or even those around us. I brought all my kids(4 of them) as babies- youngest that I brought was a 6 month old. And does he remember it? No did he enjoy it? Yes and Did I? YOU BET! I have the photos to prove it. We are a FAMILY. So we do it together all the time. And as a breastfeeding mom it was very easy and convenient- Disney is very accomodating to babies. I think it is odd for people to question bringing children when the reason Disneyworld was built in the first place was so that families could spend time TOGETHER.
And again- not all of us are lucky enough to have grandparents that babysit or offer to.

I don't think Chattyholic was trying to be insulting. The OP asked for opinions and she gave hers, like everyone else. Leaving a baby behind while you enjoy a day at the park with an older child doesn't mean you are any less of a family. And as for causing stress, babies are babies and parents are human, and conditions at the park can vary from day to day, so yes, a day at the WDW with a young baby has the potential to be stressful. Every family is different, you just have to go with what works for yours!

I just do not understand people who want to take babies there. :confused3 The baby doesn't enjoy it and more often than not the baby causes added stress on the parents.

You're probably right about some, and then there are other babies who really enjoy it. My youngest was 11 months old for our first trip. I watched the video of that trip recently, and she appears to be having more fun than the older kids. But I'm sure, as they say, YMMV.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter