Leaving Tomorrow - Quick Question!!

FinallyBoughtDVC

<font color=blue>That reminds me of the first time
I"ve never done the dining plan before. I understand we have to pay for it when we get there - can I write a personal check to pay for it? I think the total is about $850. Thanks! Trying to get all my last minute banking done before we go.

Call the resort that you are going to be staying at. Since that is where you will be paying for everthing, they will be able to tell you. I have never done that myself, but it's a good question.

Good luck

AFter I posted, I called the resort - since I thought it was probably best to go straight to the horse's mouth, so to speak. It's funny, we get so used to just posting our questions here...

I thought I'd let anyone else know they can use a personal check to pay for their dining plan upon moving in, er, I mean checking in.

Thanks! Hope this info helps someone else. Can't wait to go!!!!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

AFter I posted, I called the resort - since I thought it was probably best to go straight to the horse's mouth, so to speak. It's funny, we get so used to just posting our questions here...

I thought I'd let anyone else know they can use a personal check to pay for their dining plan upon moving in, er, I mean checking in.

Thanks! Hope this info helps someone else. Can't wait to go!!!!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

ohhhh have fun for all of us... just got back from SSR for the 1st time and Loved it veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery much.. I am so glad it is my home resort!

They use Telecheck...and sometimes Telecheck will only approve up to a certain amount for a personal check. I remember reading this in another post on this board and the person ended up using their credit card instead because Telecheck declined it.
I just usually use the debit card that is tied to my checking account instead of toting the checkbook.

Thanks everyone! I have my CC in case there's a problem. My debit card was compromised in the whole Home Goods stupid thing and I just never bothered to get another. I just hate to have a $800+ hit to my CC before I even start my vacation!!

I am now so excited - can't even begin to express how much. Our Au Pair is coming and has never been and we're so excited to take her!

I'll post a TR when I get back.

Ciao!

See you Tuesday, that's when I arrive at SSR. I'll be the goofy looking guy relaxing by the pool!:banana:

Quick update:

We're here - weather sensational. We have the most incredible villa in Springs - LOVE SS! OMG - it's beautiful - I can't wait to see this resort mature over the next few years.

Anyway - just in case anyone else has the same question I had - I was able to pay for our dining plan (just shy of $900) with a check - no problem. They did use Telecheck - so I don't know their criteria - but it went through right away.

Fabulous check-in staff - we had a glitch and Rusty fixed it perfectly!! Then, one of our bags went missing for a bit - but they got right on it and we did finally get it. No problemo.

Just got back from late night at MK - they're open till 2am tonight - can't believe all the people out with screaming toddlers at this hour.. But that's a different topic for a different thread...

Off to bed - my brain is simply exhausted!! (but so fuhreaking happy)!!!

Hey! Thanks for checking in! So glad that you are happy with the resort! Hope you have a great day tomorrow! Hope you check in again!

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter