• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Leaving tomorrow with 19 snack credits...... MK???

yallli

Earning My Ears
we are spending the morning at MK tomorrow and I have 19 snack credits left. Where can I get some travel hardy treats to take home with me??

What are your favorite take home treats?

The iced rice crispy treats traveled well for us and were still good after a few weeks. We had tons of credits left, too, especially because we traded in some QS credits for 3 snack credits each. I remember there also being some gummies that were particularly tasty. We hit up the settlement outpost at Fort Wilderness, but I'm sure the same stuff is available in MK.

Doesn’t MCO not allow food in carry on baggage now? Or did they change?
We use carry on bags to travel and never had a problem with food in our luggage at MCO or any other airport that I can think of.
Heck, once we took Twilight Feast leftovers back home in a plastic shopping bag, LOL.

I came home with 16 bags of gummy candy and trail mix that I bought in the resort gift shop. The dining plan is not for us! Lol

I would say that even with these extras left over, I’m so happy with the dining plan. We got the Play Stay Dine deal and then paid extra to bump it up. Even my skeptic husband is happy we did it. Being able to say yes to snacks whenever the kids want them is so nice. I have three athletic boys that eat a TON of food anyway and we have been at parks from open to close. They are *hungry*. Also saved me from multiple meltdowns with the 7yo when he hated his frozen banana and dinner @Satu’li Canteen (everyone else loved it).... “no worries dude, don’t eat it, I’ll get you something else when we are done”.

It’s more peace of mind than money.

For while you are in the park the cinnamon roll at Gastons and a venti coffee from Starbucks are 2 of my favorite uses of snack credits in MK!

Starbucks is a great idea! I’m not overly into sweets like that..... but the boys want to find the cheddar and jalapeño stuffed Mickey Pretzels today :)

I used ours to buy a few chocolate bars (the one with the broken ice cream cone in it was quite yummy) and those big cookies. I think we only had 5 or 6 credits left.

With 16, I would try to find some sweet, some savory snacks that you can use for school lunches and snacks over the next couple weeks. :thumbsup2

The most recent report I heard was just that they ask you to pull it all out in a separate bin for scanning, but it’s still allowed. Even the removal is at the discretion of the TSA agents, it sounds like sometimes food items obscure the image on the X-ray so it can make it easier for them to have them pulled out but isn’t a consistent thing like liquids are.

Lots of ways to redeem those snack credits. Starbucks drinks, cinnamon roll, dole whips, Sleepy Hollow has great snacks, ice cream parlor at end of main street, main street bakery, etc.

You could also spread some pixie dust by treating others in the parks?pixiedust:

You can still take food as carryon, but they may inspect it more often.
When we came home this past September TSA pulled my bags with the tons of snacks in it and checked it, just like they would for anything else "suspicious." It was kinda a pain because the guy was in training and had a really grumpy lady over him which I think made him be very thorough, but it was fine. - That was a first for us though in the inspection of food.

The food is allowed; however, as of the end of January this year it must be removed from your bag and placed in it's own bin. Multiple items may be in a single bag, just can't be inside the carrying bag/suitcase.

You can still take food as carryon, but they may inspect it more often.
When we came home this past September TSA pulled my bags with the tons of snacks in it and checked it, just like they would for anything else "suspicious." It was kinda a pain because the guy was in training and had a really grumpy lady over him which I think made him be very thorough, but it was fine. - That was a first for us though in the inspection of food.
Yeah, if you had it all in a shopping bag and pulled it out separately, it wouldn't have been an issue.

The food is allowed; however, as of the end of January this year it must be removed from your bag and placed in it's own bin. Multiple items may be in a single bag, just can't be inside the carrying bag/suitcase.
I wish I knew this when we flew home on 2/1. I bought a new Disney carry on and checked my other 2 bags. The only thing in my carry on were the multitude of snacks. My luggage went into a separate bin and the TSA agent opened my luggage and felt all of the bags. She never did take anything out of the bags. I told her that they were all snacks left from my Disney dining plan.

I'll be going again in September with the dining plan so I'll have to keep this in mind.

I wish I knew this when we flew home on 2/1. I bought a new Disney carry on and checked my other 2 bags. The only thing in my carry on were the multitude of snacks. My luggage went into a separate bin and the TSA agent opened my luggage and felt all of the bags. She never did take anything out of the bags. I told her that they were all snacks left from my Disney dining plan.

I'll be going again in September with the dining plan so I'll have to keep this in mind.
We didn't know either and the TSA agent was very nice about, explaining it was a newer rule and wasn't well advertised so he understood people not knowing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter