Legoland trip questions

WishUponAStar3

Believer In Big Dreams!
I'm soo excited to be driving down to Legoland for spring break next week with my husband and our Lego-obsessed son (almost 6) and daughter (1). We're staying 2 nights in a Magic Wizard room at the Legoland Castle Hotel and a 3rd night at the Westin Carlsbad. I have a couple questions for those of you who know Legoland well, since this is only our second time going and we've never stayed at the hotel before!

- What's the difference between Reserve N Ride 50% vs 90%? Does one mean you still wait in standby line but 30 mins instead of an hour, whereas the other means you walk right on? Or do we reserve times for both and ride times are just more readily available with the 90%? I really don't want to pay $300 to skip lines, especially when my kids are too little and thrill-averse to do the roller coasters. But since we're going during spring break and Undercover Tourist's crowd calendar is showing our dates as a 9/10, I also don't want to spend our two park days in loooong lines either! I was thinking we'd try to make early entry and knock out one big ride like Emmett's first thing, and then get the 50% Reserve N Ride for everything else. What would you recommend?

- We booked the Castle hotel since we liked the Wizard themed room better than the available themes at Legoland, and we also prefer having the playground and outdoor amenities. But I have read that a lot of people prefer the lobby play structure and entertainment at Legoland vs. Castle. If you're a guest of one hotel, can you go to the other and participate in their activities?

- Any other must-do's/must-eats while we're there?

Thanks in advance!!

I'm soo excited to be driving down to Legoland for spring break next week with my husband and our Lego-obsessed son (almost 6) and daughter (1). We're staying 2 nights in a Magic Wizard room at the Legoland Castle Hotel and a 3rd night at the Westin Carlsbad. I have a couple questions for those of you who know Legoland well, since this is only our second time going and we've never stayed at the hotel before!

- What's the difference between Reserve N Ride 50% vs 90%? Does one mean you still wait in standby line but 30 mins instead of an hour, whereas the other means you walk right on? Or do we reserve times for both and ride times are just more readily available with the 90%? I really don't want to pay $300 to skip lines, especially when my kids are too little and thrill-averse to do the roller coasters. But since we're going during spring break and Undercover Tourist's crowd calendar is showing our dates as a 9/10, I also don't want to spend our two park days in loooong lines either! I was thinking we'd try to make early entry and knock out one big ride like Emmett's first thing, and then get the 50% Reserve N Ride for everything else. What would you recommend?

- We booked the Castle hotel since we liked the Wizard themed room better than the available themes at Legoland, and we also prefer having the playground and outdoor amenities. But I have read that a lot of people prefer the lobby play structure and entertainment at Legoland vs. Castle. If you're a guest of one hotel, can you go to the other and participate in their activities?

- Any other must-do's/must-eats while we're there?

Thanks in advance!!

I don't know if non-guests are technically allowed to play in the Legoland Hotel structure and join in the activities in the lobby, but I've never seen them check, and I've stayed there several times.

I've never purchased the Reserve and Ride, so I don't know how that works exactly.

Early Entry itself is very limited, I believe it's only 4 rides (Coastersaurus, Ninjago, Fairy Tale Brook, Coast Cruise), but it does allow you to get in line for Emmet's ahead of the public, since your "rope drop" is in front of the public "rope drop".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter