Legoland

superme80

DIS Veteran
Is it worth it? I was looking at the website and it does look cute. Then I saw prices not so cute! For those who went was it worth the money spent. We might take DS when he is about 4. We are going to Disneyland November of 2012 and I was contemplating trying to fit Legoland in as well. If it is not worth the price I will just do something else...visit family??!!!

I love Legoland and have been going with DD every year since she was 2.5. That being said I always have used coupons and the Brickmaster club. Brickmaster is a lego fan club that also includes a ticket to the park. They also send out coupons for buy and adult ticket get a free kid ticket. Costco also has some good deals on Legoland. Don't pay gate prices- they are crazy! Go to lego's website for more info on the Brickmaster club or look around the Dis- people will post when they have the B1G1 coupons to give away.

We love Legoland. Lots to do for all ages, but your ds might be a little disappointed because some rides he won't be tall enough for. We went in 07 when my son was 8, and he was even too short for a couple of things, many things he had to have an adult ride with him. That said, it was a lot of fun, as well as the water portion was great to cool off.

Now they have a separate water park, I'm anxious to hear about it from someone who has been there.

We went to LL when my youngest was 4 (almost 5). She is on the tall side of average, but not super tall. She rode everything except for the Knights Tournament (which is a crazy arm ride....looks like some sort of astronaut training thing. My 7 year old loved it!). She was tall enough to ride both the dragon rollercoaster and tecnic rollercoaster....and enjoyed them both. If your little one meets the requirements for those, I think it would be a great day.

If you sign up for the free Lego club magazine (or Lego Club Jr.), you should get a buy one/get one coupon before your November trip. We always do Disneyland in November, and have always recieved a BOGO Legoland coupon before that. (We have never done Brickmaster, but have considered it because DS would love the sets.)

Happy planning!

Now they have a separate water park, I'm anxious to hear about it from someone who has been there.

The water park isn't really separate. You can't get just a water park admission (like SeaLife Aquarium). It is a $10 per day add on to a regular ticket to Legoland. Though it is separate in that if you don't have the $10 upgrade you can't get into that part of the park.

Thank you everyone!!! We will do some thinking and planning I know we have a ways to go, but I need to keep myself occupied. :surfweb:

There is a water park, but as mentioned, it's not totally separate. In order to access it, you have to enter and walk through to the back of Legoland (by Fun Town). It does carry a separate admisson surcharge of $10 unless you buy a resort hopper pass.

Our boys are now 4 and almost 6. They have liked it since about age 3.

It's worth doing if your child is really into Legos. Otherwise, I'd wait until he is!

My boys are Lego fanatics! So a trip to Legoland is non-negotiable for us :)

The best price I have found on tickets is through AAA. You basically get 2 days for the price of 1 (this is from the AAA website):
2-Day H20 Adult Ticket: $66.00 ($12.30 savings + free day)
2-Day H20 Child (3-12) or Senior (60+) Ticket: $59.00 ($10.30 savings + free day)
Tickets expire December 31, 2010 and are non-refundable.
Combo ticket includes two visits into Legoland and two visits into Sea Life within a 9-day period.
Water Park (H20) ticket includes two visits into Legoland, two visits into Sea Life and two Water Park visits within a 9-day period.
Water Park is scheduled to open May 28, 2010 through Labor Day (9/6/2010).
Updated: 4/23/2010 - Prices subject to change without notice.

Even though my sons are approaching the top of the targeted age group (my oldest is 11) they still love it as much as they love Disneyland.
I am the Disneyland fanatic in the family, but I always love Legoland as a refreshing break from the craziness of DL. It is smaller and less crowded, but very clean and with many interesting things to do.

Has anyone rented the cabanas at the new water park? They are so expensive, I am wondering if it’s worth it? :confused3

The best price I have found on tickets is through AAA. You basically get 2 days for the price of 1 (this is from the AAA website):
2-Day H20 Adult Ticket: $66.00 ($12.30 savings + free day)
2-Day H20 Child (3-12) or Senior (60+) Ticket: $59.00 ($10.30 savings + free day)
Tickets expire December 31, 2010 and are non-refundable.
Water Park (H20) ticket includes two visits into Legoland, two visits into Sea Life and two Water Park visits within a 9-day period.

Do you have a link to that deal? Do you have to login with your member number to see the deal?

Not sure where they are getting the $12.30 savings figure, the official website lists no tickets with cents, all even dollar figures. So that adds doubt to the deal being up to date or accurate.

This shows the same tickets for $87 and $77 with $5 for a 2nd day. So that AAA website is a total savings of $26 for adults and $23 for kids, a huge deal.
http://california.legoland.com/tickets/admission_tickets/

Ares Travel has those 2 day H20 tickets for $77 and $67 each.

I didn't have to enter my member number to see the deal, it was just on the website:
http://www.aaaorid.com/discounts/theme_park.asp#legoland

You do have to go to the AAA store to buy the tickets. We did this the last 2 times we went to Legoland. Because we wanted to go two days, it was cheaper to go through AAA than to use the BOGO coupon we had from the Lego magazine.

I didn't have to enter my member number to see the deal, it was just on the website:

You do have to go to the AAA store to buy the tickets. We did this the last 2 times we went to Legoland. Because we wanted to go two days, it was cheaper to go through AAA than to use the BOGO coupon we had from the Lego magazine.

The coupons we have from the Lego magazine are BOGO for ANY type of tickets (2 day resort hoppers included). So this makes it $92 for two, two day resort hopper (includes Aquarium, Water Park, and regular LL). Sounds like a great deal to me.

The coupons we have from the Lego magazine are BOGO for ANY type of tickets (2 day resort hoppers included). So this makes it $92 for two, two day resort hopper (includes Aquarium, Water Park, and regular LL). Sounds like a great deal to me.

Wow, if true, that is a great deal. We have 4 adults and 1 child going, so we'd use that BOGO and then order the other 3 adult tickets through AAA.

Does anyone have an extra BOGO coupon they wouldn't mind sending a fellow DISer? I'd send a self addressed stamped envelope. Please pm me if so. Thanks in advance.

When I first clicked your link, it redirected me to the California AAA website. I guess since I had previously surfed there. Anyway, on the California AAA site, the AAA website just says
"
LEGOLAND California
Save 10 percent on any general admission ticket to LEGOLAND® California Resort which includes: 1-day and 2-day admission to LEGOLAND® California, 1-day admission to SEA LIFE™ Aquarium, 1-Day and 2-Day Hopper Tickets to LEGOLAND California Resort."

That's of course worse than ARES Travel's website.

To get your link to work, I have to first go to the : Oregon/Idaho AAA website. There, it says "Legoland (Save 10%)
Save 10% on one-day admission up- to six people.
760.918.5346 "

so still the same offer.

If I then go back and click your link, it doesn't redirect me anymore, and I can see your special. Weird.

It's possible that this is a Oregon/Idaho special, as AAA stores both here in Texas and in San Diego do not sell Legoland tickets. But rather, they told me I need to buy Legoland tickets at the gate and show my card, or go through the website. Both of those options yield a 10% off price, which is $9.20 off a $92 2-day H20 ticket, or $82.80.

Aah, the disclaimer ... "Purchase attraction tickets at select AAA Oregon/Idaho Service Centers and receive special discounts or benefits at the following theme parks:"

So the $66 price is a big fat YMMV, and outside of Oregon and Idaho, it probably doesn't work.

You need to read the fine print on your B1G1 coupons VERY carefully. I have 3 right now from the Brickmaster magazine and they all have different terms. I am going in July with my SIL and her family so I can't spare any at this time but when the next magazine comes out I will post.

You might want to check out Carls Jr. They run promotions on the free kid coupon. The only coupon that I have seen that will work for adults is the Brickmaster free ticket. Joining the club costs $50 so you have to add that into your costs and also they ship them every other month so you have to plan in advance.

Okay so here is the math breakdown as I see it for two day tickets-

Rack rate gate price to legoland 2 day park hoppers
2 adults and 2 kids- 338$

Using two nonhopping B1G1 kid coupons- (184$ for the adult's hoppers + 50$ to upgrade the non hopping kids tickets to hop and extra day)
2 adult (two free kids)- 234$

Brickmaster-using one B1G1 kid coupon also. Same as above but add $50 for brickmaster
tickets plus cost of Brickmaster membership- 284$

ARES travel
2 adults and 2 kids- 288$

Depending on your group your mileage may vary, but it gives a ball park idea of the costs. I used the basic kid ticket for my calculations because some of the B1G1s are just for non hopping or only hopping to one park. According to Lego's site it is 10$ to add Aquarium or Waterpark and then 5$ to add a second day= 25$ to upgrade a basic ticket to a 2 day park hopper. Legoland doesn't keep it simple!:scared1:

On any of the BOGO coupons, with an adult ticket purchased can you get a Senior ticket free, or does it specify a Child's ticket? Since Senior is same price as the Child price, it sounds reasonable.

Thanks for mentioning that, stevejanelle. (By the way, my name is Janell :))
If that is true for my current coupon then that is a fantastic deal! I would buy one kid's ticket at the AAA store, then buy my adult ticket at the gate using the BOGO coupon for the second kiddo. :cool1:

You need to read the fine print on your B1G1 coupons VERY carefully. I have 3 right now from the Brickmaster magazine and they all have different terms.

Legoland doesn't keep it simple!:scared1:

You are so right that there are several different coupons out there. I remember last year our B1G1 coupon was specifically for a one-day, one-park admission and we for sure wanted to go for 2 days. So, I gave away our B1G1 coupon on craigslist and just bought all of our tickets at the AAA office.
Our current coupon is rather vague; it just says one free child admission with purchase of an adult admission. So, it's wording everything in the singular but don't specifically state that it excludes multiple-day passes. I called them when I got home from work last night to clarify but they were already closed. I left a voicemail but haven't heard back. Maybe I will try to call again today.

I have a couple of extra coupon tickets that I bought off of ebay cheap and they are BOGO free and they can be either adult or kids. Most brickmaster one are buy one adult get a kid free.

We just did Legoland this past week and it was OK. We did it two days since we were staying there and arrived late both days. My kids love Legos so loved Miniland but the rides were just OK after a week at Disneyland. Alot of the rides they make an adult go with the child so that made it hard for us since I don't like rides and we have 3 small kids. 4 and 2 5 year olds and 5 other kids. It was fun to go once but I'm not sure we would go again. We didn't do the waterpark but if we had another day we probably would've done it.

So we're thinking about visiting Legoland this September along with our annual Bday trip to DL.

Looks like we'll have to visit the Sunday after our 5 day DL Tues-Sat.

Will this be a big let down after DL? Maybe I should rearrange the schedule and do Legoland first?

So we're thinking about visiting Legoland this September along with our annual Bday trip to DL.

Looks like we'll have to visit the Sunday after our 5 day DL Tues-Sat.

Will this be a big let down after DL? Maybe I should rearrange the schedule and do Legoland first?

joeysmommy.....its me! (momofbuzzfan from LP) I see you are still doing your annual Sept birthday trip. We are still doing our annual after Thanksgiving trip as well! Although it still makes me a bit nervous to talk to their teachers about missing a whole week of school for DL :-)

We added a day at Legoland on to our trip two years ago, and it was a BLAST! We tried to do it again last year, but DD got sick and we ended up staying at our Anaheim hotel for the day. To answer your question, I would say yes yes yes - you should rearrange!!! We did Legoland first, and it was such a great day. Our friends did it last after a few days at DL, plus it was a weekend so LL was busier. They didn't enjoy it nearly as much as we did. I would say go during the week...even during the middle of your trip, if not the first day. (They are closed on Tues & Wed.)

I should add that I just went to look at Legoland's calendar, and there are Halloween events on the first weekend of October. I'm not sure if that is the Sunday you are planning on going to LL (10/3), but it has the Brick-or-Treat Trail that day during normal operating hours (10-5). The night before they have a Brick-or-Treat Party from 5-9. I assume its ticketed event, like DL. But I don't know. So if you really wanted to see the Halloween stuff at LL, then maybe it would be good to be there on a weekend. But I still can't imagine being there for the last day of a trip to So. Cal. Legoland is awesome, but nothing can compare to enjoying DL at night to finish up a vacation.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter