Legos - Adults

We’re all grown up in this house but cannot part with our collections of Lego, Bionicle and Transformers.

Last Christmas my adult son actually gave a Lego set to each of us, his parents. It came with a stipulation. We had to build each other’s without knowing what it would become. So I had to hide my box from DH until the day we sat down to assemble. Only I could read the instructions, and I had to tell him what to do. Then his turn was vice versa. It was a hoot and an exercise in communication :rotfl2:

I love Lego!

(And I fully admit that a few of the sets I bought for DS over the years were really for both of us.)

We displayed a lot of them for a while, then they were taken apart and added to the brick collection, which my little niece and nephew love to play with when they come over.

I think the only thing on display right now is a picture frame I built.

…my little niece and nephew love to play with when they come over.
Same here! We’ve been known as the aunt and uncle with all the Hess trucks and Legos, lol. We keep a bunch of Legos in a big Christmas popcorn can along with a large plastic mat and it has always been the first thing they run to. The mat helps for clean up time. Legos get dumped on the mat and built on the coffee table.

I sometimes really want Lego, but it's very expensive and I can just bet addicitng. I collect enough stuff as it is!

Just did a quick search, did not know there was a big ol' Disney train set:
71044_Box3_v39-1200x988.jpg

This looks amazing and I'm so regretting not buying it after I did the castle. I didn't want to spend the $250. Well now it's retired and going for close to $700 on Amazon!

We’re all grown up in this house but cannot part with our collections of Lego, Bionicle and Transformers.

Last Christmas my adult son actually gave a Lego set to each of us, his parents. It came with a stipulation. We had to build each other’s without knowing what it would become. So I had to hide my box from DH until the day we sat down to assemble. Only I could read the instructions, and I had to tell him what to do. Then his turn was vice versa. It was a hoot and an exercise in communication :rotfl2:

That sounds like fun! We are going to build the Christmas set I just ordered together. One of us will do even pages and the other odd. Figured that might be a way to cut down on the number of sets we will end up buying. We'll see how it goes.

I’ve never added pics before so apologies for separate posts! Hubbies Star Wars sets are all over, not in one place at the moment. And the kids sets…well, they tend to be in pieces on the floor. These are some of what we have!

Oh I love the Lego characters and Wish they had a contest that I would win all of them !
The Downtown Disney Store has a cool window display of those characters that are so collectible.

We have kids, but my husband and I collect the large Disney and Harry Potter sets. We have a whole display area in our den. We joke that this is what happened when we grew up and started making grown up money lol.
My kids do enjoy Legos also, but not as much as we do. They usually get at least one big set a year. For example, we got my son my the Home Alone house for Christmas last year, but their tastes are changing.

I had Lego as a kid, but when we moved and downsized my mother gave my Lego away. I was not done with them! Fast forward 6 years, when my dad gives me a little basic build set again. Then I got my first credit card - Sears - and bought every Lego they sold in their little toy department. Kept buying Lego all through my young adult life until the kids were born. When they were old enough, they got to play with Mommy and her Lego :) We still have three huge bins in the basement. Older daughter, the one with the doctorate, out in Texas, has the entire city build except for the green grocer. Younger daughter (teacher) bought the Millenium Falcon for herself. I guess I passed my Lego genes on to my kids!

We have kids, but my husband and I collect the large Disney and Harry Potter sets. We have a whole display area in our den. We joke that this is what happened when we grew up and started making grown up money lol.
It seems like half the entire toy market is geared to adults. Hasbro and Mattel alone sell stuff for thirsty high-end collectors that can reach into the hundreds.

It seems like half the entire toy market is geared to adults. Hasbro and Mattel alone sell stuff for thirsty high-end collectors that can reach into the hundreds.

So true. And all these retro cartoons that are making a comeback are also pushing out action figures to match. My husband is finally buying all the Masters of the Universe toys he desperately wanted, but never got as a kid. Not to mention the DC Universe collectibles...

He grew up poor. He always told himself he when he was a grown up and had his own money, he would buy whatever toys he wanted. Misson accomplished.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter