~ ~ Lela's W.I.S.H. Journal ~ ~

Lelacinda

W.I.S.H. Journal Account
Hello everyone! :wave2: Thanks for stopping by my W.I.S.H. Journal. In case you're wondering, yes, I am a DISBoards regular. OK, a DISBoards addict. I'm just using this screen name for my Journal. If you are curious, ask and I will tell you - in a PM - who I am.

Anyway, I have been struggling with my weight most of my give-or-take four decades. It really hasn't been much of an issue for me, as I have always been fairly active and it has never stopped me from doing anything I wanted to do. But the older I get the more I realize how important it is to take care of yourself.

If there is one thing I leanred from my mother, it was that she was always too busy taking care of others to take care of herself. I'd talk to her about it, but it's too late She's been gone two years now. So if I learned anything from her passing it was that if you don't take care of yourself, then who will? And then who will take care of those you love when you're? So, that really got me thinking.

Plus, darn it, nothing fits me right! :rolleyes:

So, with all that in mind, in December of 2003 I told my DH "For New Years we are going on Weight Watchers." Now, he is very athletic, but could stand to lose 20 pounds. So we started WW, and went to the gym and hit the treadmills almost every night. He lost his 20 pounds, I lost 30! :cheer2: I was THRILLED! I only stayed on WW about 70% of the time, but I must have been doing everything else right, because, man! It worked! :goodvibes

But then...we went to WDW. On the Gold Plan.

I gained back 8 pounds. Yes, even with all that walking around WDW.

Then when we got back it was the holidays, and winter, and well, you know how that goes.

So, then New Year's rolls around again this year. I resolve to get back on the wagon.

And then what happens? Nothing. I get on, I get off. I get on, I get off.

And so it goes. :confused3

Now it is November.

So, knowing full well that I need some sort of accountability, I thought starting a W.I.S.H. Journal would be helpful. Especially since I spend so much time on the DISBoards anyway. Might as well do something useful while I wait THREE HUNDRED AND SIX DAYS for my next trip.

So, fellow DISers....here I am. ;)

Welcome! I know that Gold Plan can kill ya, having used it for our honeymoon and loved every single bite of it. :rolleyes1

Welcome to the WISH journals! This place is great, and you'll get all the accountability you can handle. :teeth:

Welcome to the WISH journals! You will love it here. Although, I guess you already know that, right? :teeth: There is so much great support and encouragement and advice here. It really helps to be accountable, and it really helps to have something to look back on when you step on the scale and wonder what the heck happened this past week to end up with that number!

I hope you find your journey edifying as well as successful. My numbers might not look too great on paper, but what I have learned on this journey and the changes I have made to my life are more satisfying than the numbers could ever be without those changes. I know you will feel the same way!

Be sure to check in here often. The more you write down, the more feedback you will get -- not just from fellow WISHers but also from yourself. Sending you :goodvibes: and :wizard: for a great journey!

:hug:

Well, for those of you who have been wondering where I've been....here I am ! It took me some time because I wanted to really think about this. But before I begin....

:cheer2: :banana: :cool1: I'd like to give a toast to KeenerCam! :bounce: :cool1: :banana:

She has always been so supportive and encouraging to me, in this endeavor and others I have done on the boards. I really appreciate her! :goodvibes

And....she has given me the incentive I need.....if it wasn't for KeenerCam I couldn't know you can WALK the half-marathon, so baby, SIGN ME UP! What better motivation then walking thru WDW!?!?! THANK YOU SO MUCH KEENERCAM for turning me on to the half-marathon! So....now I have a goal!

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Let me start my Journal by stealing from Oprah and writing "What I Know For Sure".

:flower: I need to pay better attention to what I eat. I need to care about what I fuel my body with.

:flower: I need to move my butt, and the rest of me, more and more often.

:flower: I need to drink more water.

:flower: I need to be more of a priority to myself. Not for selfish reasons, but because I have a husband, a horse, a cat and a house that I need to take care of and if I don't have the energy or - God forbid - I am not here anymore - who will do it?

I also know that for me anyway, doing these things require time, effort and money. It's cheaper to eat boxed macaroni and cheese then grilled veggies in a wrap, but well, I'll just have to budget money for healthy foods.

I also know myself well enough to know that all of this is not going to just kick in overnight. Baby steps, Lela, baby steps.

So, I will start by drinking more water and making a training plan for my walking.

That's my plan for now and I'm sticking to it. :earboy2:

I'll be back in a few days. :wave2:

Hey, Lela! First of all, thank you for your appreciation for my support, but you do the same for me! And your support is invaluable!
Second, I am so thrilled to see you sporting a new clippie reminding you of your goal and giving you something to look forward to. I am going to be harassing you in mid-January to get your registration submitted. Once you've paid the money, you will be even more motivated to train. I keep telling myself that any pound I lose is one less pound I have to carry on that 13.1 mile course! I am really hoping you and I will be doing the 2007 WDW 1/2 marathon together in just about 14 months!
Good luck on your new healthy eating habits! Be sure to post here often. You will get all the support you can stand, and maybe more! :teeth:
:hug:
Cam

:wave2:

Just wanting to welcome you to the journals and hope that your journey is a good one. Cam is a gem, that's for sure!!!! Glad she's been able to touch your life and help motivate you.

Hope you are doing well.
Take care
Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter