Length of Stay Rainforest Pass

polyqueen

Mouseketeer
We're looking forward to our December 30th 4-Night on the Dream. Planned to purchase Rainforest Passes for each of us (12 total) to use daily as it is one of the highlights for us--very surprised they had gone up in price nearly 100% per DCL operator to about $34.00 per person per day. Wondering if anyone has recently purchased a length of stay pass so that I can compare prices? Any help is greatly appreciated--thank you!

We're looking forward to our December 30th 4-Night on the Dream. Planned to purchase Rainforest Passes for each of us (12 total) to use daily as it is one of the highlights for us--very surprised they had gone up in price nearly 100% per DCL operator to about $34.00 per person per day. Wondering if anyone has recently purchased a length of stay pass so that I can compare prices? Any help is greatly appreciated--thank you!

$129/couple, $69/single

The $34 price you were quoted by the DCL operator is the price for a single-day pass, which is the only kind of pass that can be purchased in advance of the cruise. And yes, it is a roughly 100% increase over earlier this year. Originally, they dropped the single-day passes altogether, but presumably due to customer complaints, reinstated them a short time later at a higher prices.

To purchase length of cruise passes, you will need to get them onboard at the spa at the first day. That is a lot of passes you need, so get there early! The prices the pp posted were correct as of the most recent 4-night Dream cruise, but there is no guarantee they won't go up again before Dec 30.

Thank you for the quick responses--I think that as soon as we get on board, I'll hurry to Senses to purchase a couple pass for DH and myself and a single pass for DS. Lunch will have to wait! Thank you again for the information!

Thank you for the quick responses--I think that as soon as we get on board, I'll hurry to Senses to purchase a couple pass for DH and myself and a single pass for DS. Lunch will have to wait! Thank you again for the information!
you meant 12 total day passes for 3 people - you don't have to run to the spa to beat anyone out for 3 length of cruise passes. The pp who wrote that probably read it as length of cruise passes for 12 people, which is how I read it too.

you meant 12 total day passes for 3 people - you don't have to run to the spa to beat anyone out for 3 length of cruise passes. The pp who wrote that probably read it as length of cruise passes for 12 people, which is how I read it too.
Oh yep that is what I thought. Yeah—you should have no trouble booking passes for three people on board.

FWIW, we got three day passes for the four of us on the Fantasy on our last cruise, and probably won't use the Rainforest again. It was far too crowded every time we went. We had to wait to get a lounger, and wait to be able to use the hot tub. I did like the steam hamam -- at least it wasn't crowded. I'm wondering if the word is getting out about the Rainforest being the "best-kept DCL secret" to the point that it's not a secret any more. 😉 This is also probably why they're raising the cost of the day passes.

In this same vein, anyone on here know how much a 5 Length of cruise Rainforest pass would be on the Magic with the new prices?

Thanks!

FWIW, we got three day passes for the four of us on the Fantasy on our last cruise, and probably won't use the Rainforest again. It was far too crowded every time we went.

This is my hesitation to getting any passes including the length of the cruise pass.

FWIW, we got three day passes for the four of us on the Fantasy on our last cruise, and probably won't use the Rainforest again. It was far too crowded every time we went. We had to wait to get a lounger, and wait to be able to use the hot tub. I did like the steam hamam -- at least it wasn't crowded. I'm wondering if the word is getting out about the Rainforest being the "best-kept DCL secret" to the point that it's not a secret any more. 😉 This is also probably why they're raising the cost of the day passes.
If the higher cost reduces crowding, that would be worth it imo. I like to go once per cruise on Dream class ships (I don't bother on the classics), so I'd never buy a cruise-length pass, but I don't think $34 for the ultra-relaxing experience of resting on a heated lounger and looking out to sea from a hot tub is a rip-off. It's very peaceful and enjoyable, if you manage to go when it's empty or nearly empty, like I do. You just have to use logic and plan for when it is most likely to be empty, and go at that time.

Be advised, the Magic and Wonder Rainforest Rooms don't have windows that look out to sea like the Dream and Fantasy. They also don't have hot tubs. You'll only have access to 5-6 heated loungers, 3 scented showers that aren't private, and 2 saunas. The locker rooms have private showers.

I bought my pass after the tour of the spa. No need to run there and buy it right away. I used the spa in the mornings and I never had anyone else in the spa with me so it not like it will be crowded to the point they sell out

I could be wrong, but this is one place where the Disney Visa can save a few % off the suggested price.

Pre-purchasing Rainforest Room passes does qualify for the 6 month no interest promotion with Disney Visa. I purchased a few after they became available again but before the price increase and I was surprised to see the charge in the promotional section.

I wish, but no--the Disney Visa 20% discount at the ship spa only applies to massages and facials at the spa on sea days only--not the rainforest pass. It's in the fine print.
Wait, what? I never knew there was a Disney Visa discount at the spa. :confused:

Pre-purchasing Rainforest Room passes does qualify for the 6 month no interest promotion with Disney Visa. I purchased a few after they became available again but before the price increase and I was surprised to see the charge in the promotional section.
Oh, for crying out loud. I used my Disney Visa to pre-purchase 12 Rainforest passes (3 passes for four people) as well as all of my on-board ship charges, and didn't get any discount on any spa services, nor did the Rainforest passes show up in the 6-month no-interest promotion area. :rolleyes:

Wait, what? I never knew there was a Disney Visa discount at the spa. :confused:

Oh, for crying out loud. I used my Disney Visa to pre-purchase 12 Rainforest passes (3 passes for four people) as well as all of my on-board ship charges, and didn't get any discount on any spa services, nor did the Rainforest passes show up in the 6-month no-interest promotion area. :rolleyes:
It is only for the basic facial and swedish massage and only on port days, and you have to have your DCL visa on your onboard account. I only know because I just signed up for my visa and researched pretty aggressively the perks so I knew, but they definitely don’t advertise it at the spa or anything

It is only for the basic facial and swedish massage and only on port days, and you have to have your DCL visa on your onboard account. I only know because I just signed up for my visa and researched pretty aggressively the perks so I knew, but they definitely don’t advertise it at the spa or anything
Thanks, I don't feel so bad now. When we book a spa service, it's almost always on sea days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter