Lesli's Live Long and Strong WISH Journal

Lesli54

<font color=blue>Glad to see that you had a chance
I finally announced to everyone (or at least those who read the boards) last night what my actual weight is when I decided to join the WISH challenge. It is 230lbs and I am a little under 5'7". That's alot. All night and all morning I have kept telling myself my actual weight. After all, I have to acknowledge what I want to change in order to change it, correct? I want to drop 80lbs to reach 150!!!

During the course of my life the only time that I have really put on much weight was during my pregnancies. It took time to get it off the first two times, but I did it and looked and felt great. The third time (almost 7 years ago) I never got rid of the extra weight after my youngest DD was born. When I had my DS a couple years ago, I was thrilled that I didn't gain much (I was on a good nutrition program with him), but that was little concellation when I consider that I was already very much overweight when he was thought of.

I know I can maintain a weight. I have done it before. My goals were set in 2003 when I started working out with a friend, who then quit. Needless to say, I have been through a few exercise partners. It doesn't help when you are looking for support and even though I have gone it alone it is hard to stay on track at times when life get really hectic. So if joining a board is going to get me the support I need, then so be it.

The great news is: I actually measured myself and put it all in the spreadsheet that I found online, which will help me track weight loss and BMI. This is a first, because I have never measured myself before. Not great seeing the numbers, but I need to acknowledge it.

This morning I made 1 (only 1) scrambled egg and seasoned with salt, pepper, chives and a sprinkle of cheese. I added a slice of toast (will go with a 1/2 from now on) and some grapefruit juice (wakes you up better than coffee) and there was breakfast. I ALMOST took it to my office to eat and work, but then changed my mind and sat at the table (alone, everyone was gone, but that's okay) and read the WSJ (WAll Street Journal). I ate too quickly, but it was relaxing and a great start to the day.

I have my glass of water with me all the time. That's the easy part for me.

My goals for the day are:
1. Finish spring cleaning my office (that's exercise since I am going to be up and down and moving things around)
2. Walk the treadmill this afternoon during my favorite soap
3. Start an online genealogy course this afternoon while the little one naps (this way I won't lounge and snack)
4. Get out Dr. Phil's cookbook and make a grocery list to start his 3 wk jump start diet.
5. Go to bed by 11pm (good sleep is a must for weight loss)

Enough babbling, time to get working on the plan. I'm so excited!! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

***Added at 10:45pm****
Well, for the most part, I did good today. My office is looking good and all I have is a few paper piles to sort through. I even did some of my DH's "honey do" in the office. Also, I worked on my online course. These things provided a great distraction from thinking about food and kept me going instead of lounging.

I did walk on the treadmill for 15 minutes. It should have been more, but there is something not quite right with the tension, so we'll have to get that looked at ASAP.

For lunch I ate a small taco and half a burrito. They were left over from last night and although it is not the best choice, I did manage to limit how much I ate. I had a small handful of raisins and peanuts about mid afternoon. Supper was quite late for me (we had a reception to attend), but consisted of half a chicken breast seasoned with salt, pepper, and Emeril's, no skin, small portion of long grain rice, and a good serving size of green beans. At the reception I had a small piece of cake. Probably should have let it go, but I don't have cake often and I made sure it was very small. After supper, I had another small handful of raisins.

The food choices can be even better and I need to work on that. I did great on water.

So the only thing I didn't get done because I ran out of time this evening was my grocery list for healthier meals. It's almost 11pm, so I must get ready for bed. Tomorrow will be better and easier. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

*********added on 5/1/05**********
Finally got pictures working. Here I am at my starting weight 230 lbs. As you can see, I am turned slightly and hiding behind DD17 so I look smaller. Trying to get the image blown up so you can see better. I apologize.

82041230-thumb.jpg

Well it is day 2 of my plan of attack. Yesterday, I felt pretty good. I was more motivated than normal and didn't get that run down feeling in the afternoon. So today will be even better.

I didn't make it to bed by 11pm last night since my mother called. Also, I will have to get my exercise in this morning before she arrives. Oh well.

Also, I have broken my weight loss down into smaller goals:
1. 20lbs lost by DD17 HS graduation and trip to England (mid May)
3. 30lbs lost by trip to WDW (early June)
4. 50lbs lost by anniversary (mid Aug)
5. 65lbs lost by trip to Atlanta (early Oct)
6. 80lbs lost by Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hit the goal!!!!!!!!!!!

For breakfast: 1 scrambled egg w/ salt, pepper, chives and a smidge of cheese. Half slice of toast (7 grain of course) w/ light spread of jelly, no butter. 4oz grapefruit juice. It was really good.

Plan for am snack: 1 medium apple
Plan for lunch: big salad (various greens) w/ tomato and hint of dressing
Plan for pm snack: Light yougurt
I haven't planned supper yet.

Goals for the day:
1. Exercise with work out tape
2. Finish sorting through the piles on my desk so my office is done
3. Make a healthy grocery list and plan meals
4. Lot's of errands to run

Time to go accomplish something. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

*****Added at 8:53pm*******

Today has gone pretty well. I have been busy all day and have managed to tie up a few loose ends. So I feel like I have accomplished some things and didn't even realize that I wasn't really eating. Well that is except a few hunger paigns here and there. Now that is a new feeling, but a much better alternative to being overstuffed.

I missed my mid-morning snack becuase I was so busy and the kids got out of school early that I didn't notice it was almost lunch time. My salad at lunch was a little smaller than planned because I had to run out the door to make an appointment. I am so proud of myself because I went and picked up a few items at two stores that had food and didn't even pick up a small candy bar or anything else that I could quickly nibble on. Of course, when I got home, I was hungry so I ate my mid-afternoon snack. Back out the door again for some more errands before the night was over. Supper consisted of a lean hamburger on bun, corn and a few tater tots, all served on a small plate. Not the best choice, but I have done good all day and I didn't go back for seconds. I think I need to prepare a few nutritious meals and freeze them for days that are too hectic.

As for my goals of the day, I got all my errands done and then some, finished going through the stacks in my office (yeah!!), and did some exercise. I did a brisk walk around the house (the downstairs rooms form a circular path) for 15 minutes and did a few step aerobics on the stairs instead of doing the work-out video. I was just very busy, but that is okay, because I was still making an effort at intentional exercise. (Gotta get that treadmill working) I still have to make that grocery list since we will need groceries sooner or later.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I bought the One a Day Weight Smart vitamins and started them today. I compared them to the Women's vitamins and they are very close except the Weight Smart has a few more minerals and vitamins added.

Today I felt great and looking forward to tomorrow being better!!!! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Welcome and good luck!

So what happens to all of the other halves of the toast? :teeth:

Third day and I am still dedicated to sticking this out. I have gone longer, but I think just the fact that I know there are people reading and understanding what I am doing makes a HUGE difference. Support is a great thing! Also, I want to say thank you to the many who have welcomed me to WISH. *****The other halves of toast? Usually one of the children will eat them, but the other day, I did only toast half a slice. Now if dat dudn't sounds like we is jus so po'. :rotfl2: *****

We all make choices in life and I am making the choice and the DECISION to follow this to the end. I got to bed about 11:30pm last night because my mother and aunt were down for an overnigh visit. But other than that I felt great yesterday and didn't cheat! Yeah! :cheer2:

I am late with the journaling today because I was up early (nice change of pace) to go spend time with my mom. So I took a little time this morning, while getting ready, to pamper myself a little. Very rarely do I get much time to myself in the mornings before the kids have to be up for school or work, so I took advantage. I can say that it at least helped with my spirits and is keeping me positive.

For breakfast: 7 grain slice of toast w/ light spread of Jelly and 6 oz grapefruit juice. Didn't have time for much else because I took the time to pamper. Sometimes, you just have to take time for yourself.

I ate brunch with my mom and aunt. I had an omelet (about 2 eggs since didn't eat it all) with green pepper, onion and a little ham; hashbrowns (were not greasy, but only ate half), and 3 half slices of wheat toast. Plus a cup and a half of hot tea. I almost ate to the point of being too full, but remembered to quit and next time, I think I will make a different selection because it is truly too much food to eat.

Since I ate earlier, I am not going to eat anything more until the mid-afternoon snack which will be light yogurt. That should get me back on track.

Dinner tonight: Broccoli/Chicken Ring (chicken breast, broccoli, peppers, garlic, dill, little cheese, and just enough mayo to bind ingredient, baked inside a thin layer of crescent roll dough). Most of it is veggies and chicken; the breading is actually thin and very little of it. I will serve this with a mixed green salad, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, and peppers.

My goals for the remainder of the day:
1) exercise to a video or stair step
2) sort through pictures to start scrapbooking
3) catch up on email
4) work on online class
5) Sew on GS patches

I am taking a relaxing day today (but still staying busy, so no munching) because I have not really had one for a few months and it just seems so peaceful around here at the moment. Of course, that will change when DS2 wakes up and DH and DD15 come home from work.

Time work on projects. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

You can do it, Lesli! :hug: :hug: :hug: I went from 235 to 125-127 using portion control and exercise--it can be done, sweetie!

I wish you all the best as you begin your journey to a healthier, fitter you! We're behind you all the way! :grouphug:

To luvmydogs - Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. Sharing the weight that you started at and where you have ended (a place I would love to be, but for now 150 is good) is the first time that I have actually FELT like someone else really knows what I am talking about when I say how much I want to lose. Most of the people I know that are my size won't admit it (which is common) so I never felt completely like someone else is where I am at. I know alot people are, including people on this board (who have been GREAT by the way), but sometimes you just have to hear it.

You have touched my heart and have given me more than hope that I will get there. Thank you so much. (Getting weepy now, so better get serious, I almost burnt dinner a minute ago.) ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Oh, Lesli, you're giving me a toothache, you're so sweet! :flower:

Well, woman, if it's inspiration you need from someone who's been where you are, then I'm gonna give it to you! :wizard:

In October of 2002, I was 35 yrs. old and weighed 235--I'm 5'6 with a large frame, and was in a (very!) tight size 24. I was in denial, I should've been a 26. I was so uncomfortable in my own body--always out of breath, constantly sweating, avoided social situations, etc... and had high BP, cholesterol & triglycerides, and was borderline diabetic. My mom had a heart attack at 60, and my father had a stroke at 49--can we say heredity?!!! I knew I had to do something, I was at rock bottom.

I began exercising slowly, 3x a week, using WATP tapes, barely being able to complete one mile without falling over. I worked up to 6x a week, upping my mileage to four miles in a few months. I'm a picky-eater vegetarian, so I decided to use portion control and increased the nutritional value of my meals. I lost @ 20 pounds by January. I then found out I needed surgery for a bleeding ulcer. Well, for the entire month of February, I could only drink fat free, sugar free liquids and pureed food until my stomach healed, so I found myself down 30 pounds. With the 30 pound loss came much greater mobility and stamina, so I decided to increase the intensity of my workouts. I started using The FIRM, and although I couldn't do a lot of the exercises the tape's *beginner* exerciser was doing, I just kept going. I so often felt discouraged because there were so many times I just couldn't keep up, but I forced myself to just do what I could. My eating went fairly well--some weeks I'd stay completely OP, some weeks I'd cheat a lot! I had to learn that if I had a bad day, week, whatever...I just had to start fresh the next day--no reprisals or recriminations! I had several terrible plateaus, two that lasted @ three weeks! I'd have a perfect week exercise and diet-wise, and I gain and lose the same two pounds every few days--it drove me crazy. I had to keep thinking "don't give up, don't give up..." Well, 15 months, many tears, and much hard work later, I had lost 110 pounds and was a size 6. My BP, cholesterol, tri. and sugar are all now normal! I exercise 6 days a week and I feel great! I'll be honest, though--for me, maintaining is more difficult than losing! I had one relapse last summer/fall, when I let myself gain 15 pounds. I had to get it together and lose it again, or I just knew I'd let all the weight come back on. I think we all know about yo yo dieting! I have to be even extra careful now--I never want to go through the lose/gain/lose syndrome again! After (and during) those 15 months, I was often emotionally and physically exhausted--I don't know how many times I cried and wanted to quit. But I will tell you from the bottom of my heart that it was all worth it! I'm 38 and in the best shape of my life. Last year, my then-19 year old neighbor told his mom I was "a hottie!" Who? Me? :hyper:

Don't let anything discourage you, Lesli! WISH is wonderful! You will get so much encouragement and support no matter what program you're on, and if you have any questions, there's usually someone here to answer them! Feel free to join any of the challenges that are here, too. They're great motivators for many people!

I really know where you are, honey, and I know how great you'll look and feel at 150--YOWZA!!! :cool1: I am the cliche' "If I can do this, anyone can!" If you get a chance, have a talk with ZerasPride (her name is Lisa). She's lost over 100 pounds too, and is a true inspiration to all of us--she's a great lady! We're here for you, Lesli, always know this! :hug: :hug: :hug:

*edited to correct a date.

To luvmydogs - Thanks for sharing your story. There were alot of similarities in your story as there is in mine. People who understand (gotta love this board)! YEAH!!!! :banana:

I realized that I haven't told everyone too much about me, so here goes everyone.

I will be 38 this year and plan to go into my 40's looking GREAT! I have four children (DD17, DD15, DD7, and DS2). Lucky for me, DH and I own a business where I can work at home and be available for my family. That does have its downsides, but I wouldn't change it. When I was 35 in 2002, I was pregnant with DS and was borderline for gestational diabetes. That was scary and I went on a very well balanced diet with 6 small meals through the day to keep everything level. It worked great and I felt great. In fact I had many weeks that I lost weight, which made the nurses mad, but since I was already overweight the doctor wasn't concerned. I had planned to stay with the diet after DS was born but the blood sugar levels went back to normal and I fell back into some bad habits.

My grandmother (father's side) has been overweight for my whole life and now has problems with walking (been coming on for years; dr told her to lose weight). There are days when my feet hurt alot and it scares me to think I couldn't walk one day. Most of the family on my dad's side has high blood pressure, so I don't want to add to that, especially when mine has always been very good. My mother looks like she is always tired and many times doesn't look good for her age. I don't want that for myself.

Mainly, I am tired of being tired and finding excuses to put off everything. When I think back to the days before this last major weight gain (granted, I wasn't pregnant), I was very active, decisive, didn't procrastinate on much at all, wasn't tired, loved the way I looked and felt. So what is the key?........to stay active or busy and get back to make priorities count!

My BIG wakeup call has been the milestones that are occuring in the next few months to few years. DD17 graduates in 8 weeks, my 20th class reunion is this year, DD15 will be driving (that's 2 down), DH and I will be married 10 years next year, and the BIG 40 is just around the corner. When I visioned all of these things, I did not see the person in the mirror, but the person I was. Then I realized, that only I can make that happen. I want to be the person in their 50's that feels great and has energy, so I need to start now (Oprah is a great example). The really big incentive is that DH hit 50 and if I get to looking really good then everyone will wonder how he picked up such a young thing. :rotfl2:

Well that is a the jist of my story and more reasons why I want to see the weight gone and become a big LOSER (never thought I would say that about myself). ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

You can do this because YOU want it! WE will be here every step of the way! :grouphug:

Well, here we go again. Day 4 and the week is half over. I weighed myself today and haven't lost anything, but at least I haven't gained it either. It's funny, because when I look in the mirror I think my face looks thinner. Probably wishful thinking but I will take what I can get.

Yesterday was definitely a "relaxing day". I didn't get my exercise in (not good), but I did stay busy. The food intake went according to plan except the 2 Girl Scout cookies that I ate at 10pm with a small glass of milk. I wasn't hungry, but was very tired and I think that I was trying to find a "pick me up" instead of listening to my body and going to bed. On the plus side, I have had GS cookies sitting all over the house for two weeks, picked up another load Friday, and I have ONLY HAD 3! Now that is progress!

Today, I got up earlier and started Dr. Phil's 14-Day Rapid Start Diet. What diet? It's well balanced meals, only I have to make some reasonable adaptions because our store doesn't carry everything called for in the plan. Go to a different store? Could, but we own it so I try to make do as often as possible. At any rate, everyone in the family was required to sit down for breakfast and of course there were grumblings. DD17 don't eat breakfast, DD15 wanted to sleep more, and DH didn't want to eat before his 2hr drive (like it was much food or too sugary). Also, he was going to sabatoge my menu with BACON! How do you get the family to work with you?

Breakfast was: 1 scrambled egg, 1/2 serving of cream of wheat or oatmeal (we don't have grits in our store, as meal plan wanted), strawberries, 1c of milk and tea (the kids had juice) Doesn't seem like a lot, but it tasted good.

Mid-morning Snack: light yogurt
Lunch: Seared tuna salad and a fresh pear
Mid-afternoon snack: veggies (supposed to have fresh guacamole, but we don't have avacados)
Dinner: Roasted chicken, asparagus, and squash (I think I can do that)

Wow........1200 calories.........my body might go into shock!

Goals for the day:
1) exercise for 1/2 hour to work out tape
2) get some work done
3) work on online class
4) spring clean my bedroom

My biggest battle is going to be DH. He has weight to lose as well and really should since we noticed recently that his BP was too high. Don't get me wrong, he supports me, but only if it doesn't effect him. He wants his sandwich before bed and his ice cream laden with butterscotch. Also, I cannot get him off the diet pepsi which he drinks like water. Got him to switch to diet (big battle) a few years ago and he lost weight, but now has gained it back. My other problem is that he is at the store all the time and will many times grab the chips rather rather than the fruit or veggies and most often when he comes home he is not really hungry for a good meal. Some days it is hard to work around food. What do I do? ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

*****Added at 9:35am*******
SOMEONE AT THE YOGURT!!!!!! :eek:
I went to grab my snack and someone at the last light yogurt!! Would they say anything so that I could have gotten more yesterday? Nooooooooooo! No matter how hard you try there is always a sabatoger. Guess that's called having children. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Well yesterday turnded out to be a bad day. Things started off great, but after the yogurt came up missing it all went down hill. Just a coincidence, not blaming the yogurt.

I grabbed a small handful of rasins and peanuts in place of the yogurt. DH and DD7 went away for the day and DD17 went to work. All the sudden, I had a meal I was going to prepare for lunch and most were gone. Then unexpected compnay shows so I didn't get lunch on time anyway. Not a big problem, but by the time they were gone I was just ready to grab some leftovers. So I at 1 1/2 servings of the Chicken/Broccoli Ring and a salad. Should have had more salad and less of the other. Next I started getting perturbed that my family wasn't as into my diet plans as I am and it got to me. Couple that with the fact that my mom and aunt are trying to buy a house closer, found one and now they are dealing with unreasonable sellers. I have been waiting for them to move closer for years so it bummed me out. I grabbed 2 GS cookies and about 4 Doritos (I don't even like that kind). Then DS2 wasn't feeling well, DH came home not feeling well and I was kind of "iffy". I am sure that it is the weather because it keeps going to extremes from day to day. Needless to say I just didn't feel up to exercise and didn't really feel like tackling my "goals for the day". So by the time supper came, I didn't care and ordered pizza. I ate 3 slices (better than normal, but still) and had 2 glasses of pepsi (not normal either). To top it off, I forgot to do laundry. How do you do that? So I was up past midnight trying to get laundry done before school this morning. A BAD BAAAAAD Day. :sad2:

I read a post last night by Zeraspride in which she commented that cheating is not about the food you sneak or choose to eat, but rather about the promise you broke to yourself when you chose to commit to losing weight. Funny, I am an intelligent person and I never though of it that way but it is true. So I know that today, I just need to keep plugging away.

HERE'S THE GOOD NEWS........I LOST 1.5 LBS.........YEAH!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Yesterday, I hadn't lost anything and then I have a bad day, yet still manage to lose. Must have been water retention. I didn't eat great yesterday, but I did eat significantly less than on "normal bad days". I won't argue with it because it feels like I am 10lbs lighter. Gotta take what you can get.

Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg w/ sprinkle cheese, grapefruit juice, and 1 slice 7 grain toast w/jelly

Am snack: 1 banana
Lunch: salad and left over slice of Chicken/Broccoli Ring
Pm snack: yogurt
Supper: Roasted Chicken as planned on last nights menu

Tomorrow I will get back to Dr. Phil's plan

Todays goals:
1. Run a few errands
2. Exercise for 30 minutes to work out tape

It's a slightly busy day, so I don't know what else I will be able to fit in and will play by ear. Oh yeah, I made it to Mouseketeer!! :cheer2: Time to go conquer! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Congrats on your loss!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

We're all about "baby steps" here...every day that you're committed to "your program" is another day where you will be healthier than the day before...that is an accomplishment!

Thank you so much for your honesty in your journals...there's no denial there!!

:grouphug:

Welcome to WISH!!

To Pettyone - Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I think that being truly honest in my journal is what is keeping me honest to myself in weight loss plan. It is definitely helping me become more aware of what I am eating, when and why. No more denying anything, because it just doesn't get you to where you are going. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

It took time for the weight to go on and it is going to take time to get it off.. The thing I love about my journal is even if I goof I have the support to keep moving forward!!! And that is what you have to do... Move forward!!

Congrats on the loss! :cheer2:

Another day down and sticking to the plan (mostly). Yesterday was busy trying to tie up loose ends and I almost forgot to eat the afternoon snack. I had to leave town and really contemplated skipping the snack, but I was hungry and afraid that I would pick up something I shouldn't while I was out. So I grabbed a yogurt at the store before leaving town and sat in the parking lot and ate it. Sounds silly, but I stuck with my plan and that is what counts. As it turned out, I wasn't able to get back home in time to make the roasted chicken dinner that I had planned. What to do, what to do? Here's an idea, I stopped at a grocery store and picked up a rotisserie chicken (that's close), then I finished off the meal at home with green beans w/ onion and a very nice mixed salad and veggies. Not quite what was planned, but very similar, low cal, and nutritional. Chalk one up for me, because as I see it, I still stuck with the plan even if I had to adjust a little. Usually on those days I would say lets do hamburgers, tacos, spaghetti, mac & cheese or pick up some take out. But not this time. :flower:

The things I didn't follow through on were: not exercising for as long as planned and last night I had 1c. popcorn (not microwave, no butter or salt) and 2 GS cookies. The popcorn wasn't too bad, but I didn't need the cookies, especially since it wa 10pm when I had those. But I did go to bed at 10:37pm and actually got some decent sleep. Not a bad day, but could tweak it a little.

Today, I woke up earlier than normal and sat down to breakfast with the kids instead of letting them eat cereal as I gathered their stuff for school. I really enjoyed it. Oh yeah, I did do some stretch exercises this morning.

Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg w/ onion and sprinkle cheese, 1/2 slice 7 grain toast w/jelly, 2 strawberries, and 1c. milk (I really hate milk)

Menu for rest of day
am snack: 1 banana
lunch: 1 slice chicken/broccoli ring and salad (gotta finish the leftovers)
pm snack: 1 oz cheese, 4 crackers, carrots
supper: I don't know.......We have to attend a potluck dinner. But I am making a point to choose wisely when I go through the line and will not overfill my plate. I might have a SMALL piece of dessert, but if it is a table full of chocolate (as it has been lately), then I will pass.

Goals for the day:
1. get some work done for the business
2. exercise this afternoon
3. sew on GS patches late evening
4. work on online class.

By the way, I have been doing really good at taking my vitamins daily. Usually by now, I forget about them and take them every few days then next thing I know, I forget about them all together. However, they sit on my desk next to where I set my water so it is much easier to remember. Time to get the rest of the day started. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Sarahsmom73 - Thanks for the support on my meal choice.

I am beginning to lose track of the days, but I think as of tomorrow, I have been working on my program for 1 WEEK. Great news.......I lost another 2.5lbs, which makes a total of 4lbs lost! :cheer2: :cheer2: I told DH today and he said "way to go mom" and gave me a 'High 5'. That is encouragment in itself.

Yesterday went alright, except for a small slip up in the afternoon. I decided to add some leftover green beans to lunch, since I didn't want to be too hungry at the potluck dinner. That was great, but then I ate 4 GS cookies and a couple of Doritos (they are out of the hose now) in the afternoon. There is the slip up. So I didn't eat my healthy snack because I wasn't hungry. I think I fell back towards old habits because I took some time to myself to relax, watch a show, and work on a puzzle book. Looks like I need to reprogram my thinking of food when I relax a bit............. But the good news is that I made it through the potluck dinner and didn't overstuff myself! :cheer2: I stuck to my plan and chose wisely (as best you can when potlucks are always loaded with calories), added a few veggies, had some "white space" on the plate and skipped the desserts altogether. I figured my cookie nibble was enough dessert for one day. There was CHEESECAKE :scared1:.........and I passed it up, didn't even take a bite of hubby's. :banana:

So today is another day and looks like it might be a good one.

Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg, 1 slice 7 grain toast w/jelly, 1 c. hot tea (gotta get more grapefruit juice)

I was so excited about losing the weight that I ALMOST made two scrabled eggs. Why do we want to reward weight loss with more food? But stuck to the plan and ate only one. Who ever thought that you could actually eat just one egg (especially scrambled) and be content?

Am snack: 1 apple
Lunch: taco salad (leftover from potluck, very small portion)
PM snack: carrots and celery
Supper: the family can finish all leftovers, including the pizza, so I'll have roasted chicken and some veggie. (I have to clear out the fridge and quick so I can load it with more healthy stuff.)

Goals for the day:
1. bookwork
2. online class caught up
3. exercise
4. catch up my GS paperwork
5. start that spring cleaning on my bedroom

Gotta go get busy and lose some more! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Girl!!! You can SOOO do this!!! Don't forget to measure weekly...even if the scale isn't moving those inches will! You're right about cheating...it's really breaking a promise to ourselves...sister, let's insert a little pinkie promise in here and help each other stick to that promise!! :)

For me, it is easier to give up a little at a time...if I vowed off all things I love (junk food, chocolate chips, stuff like that) I knew I would binge out of frustration...so I gave up two things - french fries and white bread...that means for 100 days I CAN NOT have a value meal ANYWHERE! :) And it's alot easier to remember 2 things not to eat than 50! :) I give myself semi-sweet chocolate chips when I'm really craving something sweet...only 10 at a time and usually only 3-4 times a week.

After my 100 days of french fries and bread are up then I'll switch to no chips/diet sodas...I've only had about 15 cheetos over the last 6 weeks..but really, did I NEED them???? :)

And we're planning a trip to England/Ireland next April!!! You'll have to tell me where you're staying!!!! I've been there once and know a little bit but never with my children...we're doing 5 days London and 4 days Ireland...would love to hear about it! :)

We're here for you!!! Anytime you think of a cheat....go look at that dream outfit you want to wear at GOAL!!! I have 3 outfits hanging in my closet! :) Can't wait to fit into them! :)

Tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter