• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let’s play what’s wrong with me..physically- small update, pg.3

I once had to have an MRI immediately followed by an MRA inside the head cage.
At one point at had to sneeze so bad! I always have like the worst paranoia in those things, what if there's an earthquake (?) what if my kids school calls (?) what if.....
The worst MRI with the headcage was while I had a migraine. My Neurologist wanted me to come in during a migraine, so yeah that was fun. (not)

Sorry guys, I’m not following my own advice. I’m going to wait until my dr appt next week unless something drastically changes. It hasn’t gotten any bigger and there’s still no pain or fever or anything so *knocks on wood* one week won’t make a difference at this point.

Well, I'll let it slide since you have an appt set up already. I was hoping you would go today, but I guess I can't fly to Canada and drag you to the dr. I'm sure it's fine to wait, just make sure to go sooner if anything feels "off."

Be careful or I’ll go just to spite you lol

:rotfl: We may be kindred spirits. My DH learned a long time ago that telling me I couldn't or wouldn't do something would guarantee I'd do it. Occasionally, he'll slip up & make the mistake of telling me not to do something that might hurt me. I know he has my best interest at heart, due to my health problems. That doesn't mean I won't consider it a challenge & do it anyway. Yeah, I'm stubborn. :o Unfortunately, for him, telling me I wouldn't do something that he wanted me to do hasn't received the same results. I have his number. I'm not buying that. :laughing:

OP any updates

My dr appointment is tomorrow afternoon. I’m now thinking I might just head to the ER tomorrow instead because that’s where I’m going to end up anyway. Either way, I’m seeing some sort of doctor about it tomorrow.

I didn't respond earlier because I was just a few days out of some random heart/lung surgery myself and wasn't really in the best mental space yet. All benign and I'm recovering - good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you.

And yes, than face cage thing UGGG. Had a cervical disc replaced 2 years ago. Thank goodness it wasn't my first MRI so I knew to ask for meds before I had it. CT scans aren't that bad - but Feb was my first contrast. Ummm, he said I'd feel "warm" but didn't mention it would feel like I wet myself!!! Cardiac MRI was an interesting experience too, because the entire time I had to hold my breath and breathe at specific times... and I was there because I was very, very short of breath, having chest pains, and uncontrolled coughing. That was miserable - but meds again and the focus that I HAD to get through it because I had to figure out what was wrong.

My dr appointment is tomorrow afternoon. I’m now thinking I might just head to the ER tomorrow instead because that’s where I’m going to end up anyway. Either way, I’m seeing some sort of doctor about it tomorrow.
Has something changed to make you think this? Have your symptoms gotten more severe? {{concerned}} :worried:

Has something changed to make you think this? Have your symptoms gotten more severe? {{concerned}} :worried:

Nooooooooo....except for the past 3 or 4 days at some times it does hurt. Not like a stabbing pain, but a little bit of radiating pain. Not constant, maybe 10 minutes and then it’s gone and I’m fine. I still have no fever or chills or bathroom issues. I’m actually glad tomorrow is finally the day I can start to get this figured out. Don’t worry, I’ll report back tomorrow evening with an update.

I didn’t end up going today because a job opportunity came up and that’s my more pressing need right now.

I’m not ignoring it, I just had to prioritize today.

I didn’t end up going today because a job opportunity came up and that’s my more pressing need right now.

I’m not ignoring it, I just had to prioritize today.
:idea: Since we're all hanging here, could you at least tell us how the interview went?

I’m now thinking I might just head to the ER tomorrow instead because that’s where I’m going to end up anyway.

You know, as a health care worker, this is a pet peeve of mine. ERs are for emergencies. If you can wait for over 10 days & the symptoms haven’t significantly changed, you don’t belong in the ER. I know you are in Canada & the health care system is different there. But you have had plenty of time to make an appointment with your doctor & prioritized something else when the appointment came around. So if you can wait for weeks & put it off, it isn’t an emergency & doesn’t belong in the ER. I work in a big city hospital, our ER is frequently overflowing with people who could easily be treated/ evaluated in their doctor’s offices but wait til it’s closed for the day or prioritize something else over getting their issue addressed by their regular MD. And then they come to the ER, sometimes waiting for hours to be seen, exposing themselves to communicable diseases from other patients & taking up time & resources they don’t need to. Literally, Emergency Rooms are for emergencies. A health problem that can wait for weeks is not an emergency.

You know, as a health care worker, this is a pet peeve of mine. ERs are for emergencies. If you can wait for over 10 days & the symptoms haven’t significantly changed, you don’t belong in the ER. I know you are in Canada & the health care system is different there. But you have had plenty of time to make an appointment with your doctor & prioritized something else when the appointment came around. So if you can wait for weeks & put it off, it isn’t an emergency & doesn’t belong in the ER. I work in a big city hospital, our ER is frequently overflowing with people who could easily be treated/ evaluated in their doctor’s offices but wait til it’s closed for the day or prioritize something else over getting their issue addressed by their regular MD. And then they come to the ER, sometimes waiting for hours to be seen, exposing themselves to communicable diseases from other patients & taking up time & resources they don’t need to. Literally, Emergency Rooms are for emergencies. A health problem that can wait for weeks is not an emergency.

I don’t disagree with anything you’re saying. My thinking is that at a hospital, they have access to the ct scan and the mri, if needed. A few hospitals are also urgent care centres so maybe I’ll go that route instead. I also don’t feel like waiting for 10 hours at an ER. Thanks for the input

:idea: Since we're all hanging here, could you at least tell us how the interview went?

I should know tomorrow. It’s actually at a place I worked 10 years ago and I always call it my favourite job.

I don’t believe in fate but, this job literally fell into my lap when I wasn’t looking. I’m friends with the lady who runs the office and we’ve always stayed friendly. Also, when I left last time I had grounds to file a complaint with the human right commission. I decided against it because I didn’t want to burn that bridge. The company has a new owner but it’s still a very laid back office. Best still is that I’d need minimal training because I still remember a lot about the duties.

I should know tomorrow. It’s actually at a place I worked 10 years ago and I always call it my favourite job.

I don’t believe in fate but, this job literally fell into my lap when I wasn’t looking. I’m friends with the lady who runs the office and we’ve always stayed friendly. Also, when I left last time I had grounds to file a complaint with the human right commission. I decided against it because I didn’t want to burn that bridge. The company has a new owner but it’s still a very laid back office. Best still is that I’d need minimal training because I still remember a lot about the duties.
Best of luck. :goodvibes

So I’ve been following along since the beginning, but haven’t commented. Came looking for this today for an update and see you didn’t go in. Do you have a date for another doctor’s appt yet? Or are you going to urgent care tomorrow?

So I’ve been following along since the beginning, but haven’t commented. Came looking for this today for an update and see you didn’t go in. Do you have a date for another doctor’s appt yet? Or are you going to urgent care tomorrow?

I don’t have a date yet. If I get this job, and I should know by the weekend, I’ll head to the urgent care that’s closest..a 30 minute drive but better than a different city. I don’t want to start the job *potentially* and then need days off to deal with it.

Truthfully, I am avoiding it a bit because of what I just went though over the winter (you can search for it if you want) and I don’t want to have to deal with something else major. 2017 was my year of surgeries and healing and then 2018 was the year a LOT of things happened. Now 2019 could be crap too.

I know that a possible bad diagnosis is better than an oh no., this went untreated and now it’s terminal.

I hate not being in control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter