Let me introduce myself.....

Timon'sGrammom

Earning My Ears
Hello there fellow disney lovers! Just wanted to officially post and introduce myself.....I fell in love with wdw on my first trip there in 1994 ( I believe) when we took our ds, 13 & 15 at the time, and stayed in Dixie Landings. My bah-humbug dh fell in love on that trip too, not quite to the extent I did, but enough!!:cool:
we've been back a multitude of times, stayed in a variety of places, PREFER to stay on-site. We have taken our grown dd's and their hubbys and our grandson. I've also taken my mother and a friend that I work with.....I'm the resident wdw planner at the hospital where I work..."go ask Kathy....she knows all about wdw!" I'm NOT going this year (boohoohoo ) as my dh needs a new boat (just a very small one for fishing) and that's our priority this year. We plan a combo parks/cruise trip for next nov/dec.

I have limited computer time and am a poster/lurker at the readers clubhouse.....Just recently found the disboards and have been lurking and reading for the last couple months......decided it was time to post, just to say hi.....so neat to have a place to go where others share the same love of wdw! We have tossed around buying into DVC, havent decided where to go with that.
We do own a non-disney timeshare in Kissimmee.

As many of you have expressed, most of our family/friends do not understand our love of wdw.....they do think we are nuts! And we are sort of like the commercial, we enjoy it almost more when we go alone without any of the kids/grands!!!!!!!
I know this is long, but wanted to say hi....still learning the ropes on these boards!
Kathy

Welcome to the bds and the most wonderful place in cyber space.
janner

Hi and welcome! My in-laws live in Cape May, too!

These boards provide a wealth of little-known knowledge about our favorite "world"! Had it not been for the DIS, I would have never known things like:

1. The re-hitching ceremony at Garden Grille (very, very cool)

2. The closing of CBR for refurb...thanks to these boards, I was one of the few, lucky DISers to be switched to Poly at little extra cost.

3. The schedule of the Electric Water Pageant

4. The talking trashcans throughout the world

5. Early-morning fishing excursions on the Seven Seas Lagoon & Bay Lake

6. Sharing an Illuminations Cruise with other DISers

..........and much, much more!

Hello and welcome! I just wanted to say that DH and I love going to Cape May!! Lucky you, you get to live there. We like to go for a romantic getaway at one of the B&B's. It is so beautiful there and the victorian homes are to die for!!! It is a dream of mine to one day own a B&B, particularly in Cape May. We now own 2 businesses and hopefully we'll make enough $$$ and we will be able to make that dream come true!! Anyway, welcome!

Welcome to the Dis!
Im the WDW planner for our family and friends. Its so much fun reading up on all the Disney stuff here on the boards and the guides. Kim&Chris--I agree with you I would not have know about those things either w.out this site.
We got 2 ds haircut at the Magic Kingdom barber shop in Sept. They put red gel and pixie dust in 12 yr old hairs (he loved the red but not the pd, lol) and my 2 yr old who hates a haircut anywhere! But the nicest cm gave him a Mickey pin for going thru the torture.

:wave: Hi I am Poohbear123 and I am the Official WDW trip Planner at my workplace too!;) I know all about the codes, whats closed, price for tickets, etc. thanks to this Board!:o So, strap yourself in, and get ready for some FUN!;) Have fun, and lets us know when your trip is, so that you can meet other DIS-ers!;) :D

Hi Kathy - welcome to the DIS!

Hope to see around all the boards.....

Hello and welcome:wave: Great to have you with us. At my workplace I'm the guy about whom they query: "What's the deal with all the Mickey Mouse stuff in his office?":teeth: We have a great time here on the Dis, stop by the community board sometime when you have a minute.

Welcome to the Dis Kathy! You will find this the most valuable place you can be when it comes to information about WDW. These folks are amazing and always ready and willing to lend a hand to help. No matter what your question or problem may be someone here will be able to answer.
We are a totally addicted to Disney family too. Our next trip we will be taking our new son in law who has never been. He says "I know I will have fun but I don't think I'll become as obsessive as you all" Yeah, right!

Welcome to the boards !! I remember when I first found
The DIS. I was yelling to my Husband to come out and look at the screen. I started to cry. There were so many people just like me, with the obsessive love of Walt Disney World !!!!

Welcome to the boards Kathy!

I always nice to meet another WDW maniac!

I'm the official Disney expert at my hospital, too!;)

We are just like you & fell in love on our first trip in '96. It's gotten so bad that we went to DL 12/01 & WDW 12/01(10 days after we got back from our DL trip), WDW 03/02 AND WDW 06/02 for 17 days!

Our next trip isn't until June '03 and we are having serious withdrawals!;)

Michele

Welcome! I, too, am a Disney crazed person and the resident expert among family and friends. I have been traveling to the World since the 1976. My love of the place has never diminshed.. it just grows stronger. There are some people who think I'm crazy and can't see the attraction of WDW and why I keep going back. Quite frankly, I think they're the crazy ones for not sharing my addiction. Oh well... they're loss.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy all the information these bds offer you and the fun of sharing of our love for all things Disney.:earsgirl:

Glad to have you on board :wave:

I have been on for almost a year and I have learned so much. Everyone is so helpful and pleasant to talk to.

Have fun:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter