• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let me see if I have things right here

MamaBelle4

DIS Veteran
Our trip to the world is from 1/24-1/29.

For the RotR, we need to be logged on and try to get a boarding group at 7am for the day we are scheduled to be in DHS, but we do not actually have to be in DHS anymore.

All of the parks are currently opening between 30-45 minutes early (What time do buses start running?)

Calvacades have replaced the parades/character M&Gs and they are impromptu (Is there some general time frame or places they tend to be in each park?)

Mobile ordering is best, but how early do we have to make or decisions and place our orders? an hour before hand, when the park opens? We pick a time slot, right?

I would appreciate any insight anyone can give me! Thank you all!

You are correct on ROTR. I don’t know when the buses started running because we drove, but they start opening the parking lot an hour before open. Presumably the buses would start arriving around the same time. Cavalcades are spontaneous so people don’t group to watch them. However, it’s very apparent that they are about to start. The ambient music in the park suddenly changed and gets loud! That’s the cue to step out of the flow of traffic and look around to see where they are coming from. You can mobile order any time the day of. You have to check in when you get there. We found that it might still be 10-15 minutes after you check in, so we started checking in once we started heading to the restaurant from the last ride. There’s a pretty good distance that it will let you check in from. Maybe not from the other side of the park, but definitely from within the “land”

I believe you are correct in all respects.

I cannot help you much with the bus questions because my understanding is that they just changed things and so past experience may not reflect what will happen while you are there. Maybe someone there now can help? In September, they started the buses about an hour before park opening. On our AK day, we got to the buses right at one hour before official opening and got on the first bus, arriving just as they were opening, around 45 minutes early. On our HS day, we got there an hour and a half early to find a huge line already. Buses started running at the one hour mark, and we were on maybe the fourth. We still got there before they opened, 45 minutes early on the dot, but the line took a while, maybe 10 minutes. They were good about sending lots of buses to accommodate the crowd, but again, apparently things have changed in the past few days.

In MK, the cavalcades seem to follow the normal parade route. In AK, they are on boats, so check the waterways.

If you want to eat at normal meal times, like right at noon, you need to plan ahead. If you eat at off times, you can get your order a lot quicker, sometimes within just a few minutes. We had a lot of success before 11:00 and around 3:00. We would decide where we wanted to eat and place the order before walking there, or sometimes right before getting on a nearby ride, and then head over just in time to pick up our food. Most places, you will have to show your screen showing that your order is ready before they let you in.

You can also try for a boarding group at 1, but you do need to be in the park. Busses typically run 45-60 minutes before park opening, about 15-20 minutes before unofficial park opening.

Cavalcades follow the parade route in MK, clockwise around the World Showcase in Epcot, the waterway around Discovery Island and down Sunset Blvd to just before Galaxy Edge in HS. Characters also interact at the main train station, balcony behind castle, balcony above Country Bears, stage in Tomorrowland and from horse drawn trolley down Main Street In MK. In Epcot, the grassy area between Figment and Living with the Land, the courtyard in the United Kingdom and distantly at the Frozen meet & greet in Norway. Characters are in Galaxy Edge in HS, in about every display area that has separation from the public. Stormtroopers also appear in DS.

For mobile ordering, if you want to eat at “normal” meal times, you need to put in your order early. If you eat at off hours, you can put your order in as you walk to the location. One thing we’d do for a sit down snack break in AC, is order drinks. They are ready almost immediately. Once in, we’d place another order for any snack food. Be aware that once you say I’m here, it can take 20 minutes or even longer for your order to be ready.

For mobile ordering, the popularity of the place matters too. At DHS, we were able to order for pickup 'now' at every mobile order location EXCEPT Docking Bay 7 and Woody's Lunch Box. Satu'il Canteen is similarly popular at AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter