Let simplify Memory Maker!!

It's not not Mac compatible. It's not mobile device compatible. This is because you're trying to use a desktop site on a mobile device. They often disable functions in mobile devices to halfheartedly display web pages.

As I've said a million times, the memory maker downloads the traveling party collects photos. The only thing that matters is that somehow you get photos into the memory makers account. It's a pretty simple answer.

Memory maker is the ability to download photos that's all. As long as you have them in friends and family and check the box that says "this person can view and purchase my PhotoPass photos they'll show up.

I think I'm going to try it. I just wish I'd get the same confidence in an answer from a Disney CM that I get from you. :) If it is that simple why can't they just say that instead of seeming to have no clue?

Memory Maker is not Mac Compatible.

Exactly what does that mean? I have an iPhone, iPad, and a Mac Computer. I purchased a package that will include the Memory Maker. My vacation starts on August the 18th. How will I download my pictures onto my computer?

Memory Maker is not Mac Compatible.

Exactly what does that mean? I have an iPhone, iPad, and a Mac Computer. I purchased a package that will include the Memory Maker. My vacation starts on August the 18th. How will I download my pictures onto my computer?

It is Mac compatible:

It's not not Mac compatible. It's not mobile device compatible. This is because you're trying to use a desktop site on a mobile device. They often disable functions in mobile devices to halfheartedly display web pages.

do you really have to show the card at the rides to get the photos added to your band? The 1st day I didn't carry the memory maker card and they wouldn't scan the band for my photo. After that day I just kept the card with me and showed it but it seems dumb to attach it to the band if you have to carry the card anyway. I guess I should have asked at a different ride.

This Memory Maker thing has had such a terrible rollout. Mainly due to the lack of CM knowledge.

We have 2 parties going. My party. My brother's party. I have full access to both accounts. Once I buy MM and link it to MY band -- I understand I can use my band for ride pictures.

But the other half of our party will often not be with us. Can he, who is directly linked to me (fully accepted, I can change his Fast Passes) via my account, swipe his own band without me being there to lock in a ride photo?

The Disney material indicates: NO. It clearly says the entitlement holder must be present.

I've asked CMs, they say... "You should probably be able to do that"... We can transfer you to Photopass... and Photopass will transfer me to Memory Maker, and MM will say that's a question about MDE linking and transfer me to MDE Support.

Very annoying.

Well I don't want to probably be able to, then get home and find out we can only get half our pictures and have no recourse to a refund. I want to know for 100% certain that if we buy MM for our combined party of 8 guests (6 and 2) if all 8 will be able to get pix.

And that if all 8 cannot, that I am entitled to my money back.

Can my brother? He is the primary on the other account. He is linked to ours.

Can his wife? She is a secondary on his account, and is linked to mine as a friend of friend, but is "managed by him".

Can MY wife? She is a secondary on my account. Or would I, as the entitlement holder, have to be the one to get ride pics?

Can my kids? If they go on a ride by themselves, I want them to absolutely be able to get the pics without me, the entitlement holder, having to visit the photo booth.

Dinsey either needs to confirm that yes, you can share like this and it will work fine (which opens up the oppor to share among 100 families, so they should limit it in some way) or they need to say no, because you're booked as 2 families, it'll cost you $300 to get what you want, not $150.

This seems like it is such a simple thing that most guests interested in MM would be asking and they should have clear cut answers for.

Thoughts?

I am in the same boat!?! It sounds like from this board, yes everyone will be able to get pictures, from rides and photographers...but Disney seems so wishy washy about it I am a bit nervous to spend the money on it. We've always done photopass and found it worth it...but I am confused by this MM and now starting to see some negative experiences with it worries me more.

I am glad I found this post as I was just talking about getting this today, but was not sure of all the details.

I am glad I found this post as I was just talking about getting this today, but was not sure of all the details.

Ok I asked a while back about photopass+ vs memory maker. Everyone here talked me into memory maker. Not one person mentioned it was not compatible with mobile or ipad. My ONLY way to download the pictures. I only have an ipad or my galaxy phone to get the pictures. So is this true.

Yes, borders and signatures can still be added to photos Memory maker by default comes with no disc but one can be purchased as an add on. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks so much - really helpful :)

Ooops! I read it wrong. Saying it is not not Mac Compatible confused my brain.

I have further read through this thread.

Hopefully, by my August 18th trip, I will read, and people will report a whole lot of good things about Memory Maker.

Ok I asked a while back about photopass+ vs memory maker. Everyone here talked me into memory maker. Not one person mentioned it was not compatible with mobile or ipad. My ONLY way to download the pictures. I only have an ipad or my galaxy phone to get the pictures. So is this true.

You can't download the pictures on your iPad. You can view some of them on the safari browser. A cast member told me yesterday that trying viewing them on an iPad was not the best way to view them and it wasn't fully functional with an iPad. I had stopped by Town Square to see if they could find any my lost photographs. They said in order to find any of the lost photos they would need the exact day, exact time and exact location to try and look them up in their system. Unfortunately I didn't stop and write down the exact time and official location of each picture that was made, so they can't find them. I chose to purchase memory maker to make getting pictures of my trip easier, not more complicated.

But the other half of our party will often not be with us. Can he, who is directly linked to me (fully accepted, I can change his Fast Passes) via my account, swipe his own band without me being there to lock in a ride photo?

The Disney material indicates: NO. It clearly says the entitlement holder must be present.

I've asked CMs, they say... "You should probably be able to do that"... We can transfer you to Photopass... and Photopass will transfer me to Memory Maker, and MM will say that's a question about MDE linking and transfer me to MDE Support.

Just to be clear, does that mean just ONE person can be the entitlement holder? Meaning whoever the purchaser or reservation is in, HAS to be present? So if let's say I booked our package with MM and my DH is linked to my account, *I* have to be present at all photo ops in order to have access to the photos and have it downloaded onto MM? So my DH can't take the kids off to do a ride with pics and they scan his MB and have those photos included in MM or will that work?

We were just there last week and had purchased MM. I was the main account holder. My husband was able to add both photographer photos and ride photos onto his magic band without me being present. I've downloaded all of our photos (299 from our week) and all the ones he had done were there.

Just to be clear, does that mean just ONE person can be the entitlement holder? Meaning whoever the purchaser or reservation is in, HAS to be present? So if let's say I booked our package with MM and my DH is linked to my account, *I* have to be present at all photo ops in order to have access to the photos and have it downloaded onto MM? So my DH can't take the kids off to do a ride with pics and they scan his MB and have those photos included in MM or will that work?

The entitlement holder is the one who, when they log into their MyDisneyExperience account, can save the photos to their computer.

Anyone else in the group can collect photos. As long as you can somehow get them into entitlement holder's account, it will be part of the memory maker package.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We were just there last week and had purchased MM. I was the main account holder. My husband was able to add both photographer photos and ride photos onto his magic band without me being present. I've downloaded all of our photos (299 from our week) and all the ones he had done were there.

Yea!!! That is different from PhotoPass. From my reading of the MM site, that is what I believed to be sure. The CM's should be able to give a yes or no on the topic and it is frustrating when so many people are shuffled around while trying for an answer. Also the terms that are being used are confusing. What do they mean by entitlement**? Who does that cover. We are on going on vacation; make it simple, please.

** answered in PP.

You can't download the pictures on your iPad. You can view some of them on the safari browser. A cast member told me yesterday that trying viewing them on an iPad was not the best way to view them and it wasn't fully functional with an iPad. I had stopped by Town Square to see if they could find any my lost photographs. They said in order to find any of the lost photos they would need the exact day, exact time and exact location to try and look them up in their system. Unfortunately I didn't stop and write down the exact time and official location of each picture that was made, so they can't find them. I chose to purchase memory maker to make getting pictures of my trip easier, not more complicated.

Would have been nice that they mention that. I only have an ipad, galaxy phone and kindle fire. So I bought something I cannot get?

So if I (that purchased memory maker in the first place) wasn't there, grandma, who is linked to my account, can get photos using her magic band? How does she get these onto my account or do they just link up automatically?

Well, we just got home yesterday and I checked our Memory Maker...over half our photos are missing. I'm so disappointed, I could cry :sad1: We barely took any photos with our camera because we relied on the Photopass photographers- obviously this was a big mistake.

Yea!!! Also the terms that are being used are confusing. What do they mean by entitlement**? Who does that cover. We are on going on vacation; make it simple, please.

** answered in PP.
Entitlement means the person who is ''entitled'' to DOWNLOAD the photos to a computer. All linked family and friends who are on vacation can take pictures and share them with the Memory Maker entitlement holder. The person who buys the Memory Maker usually designates themselves as the entitlement holder, but it can be transferred to someone else! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter