Let The Memories Begin! Mother/Daughter Trip 2014

xDisneyAngelx

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow"
Hi there! I am so glad you have decided to join us as we welcome you to our 2014 mother/daughter Disney World Vacation TR. I would like to start off with the introductions.

Mom (59): A total Disney nut like me. She is also a DVC Member.

Me (24): A total Disney nut. My favorite parks are Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

Dates: January 6 - January 9, 2014

Hotel: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Next Up: Day One ~ Travel Day!!!

Monday January 6, 2014 : I AM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! Yep that's right, today was the day we head to Disney World. The night before I had to work which wasn't to bad since I got off at about 8:30 pm. :cool1: After work, I had to do a quick run through of everything I need since I will be leaving early in the morning to drive up to my mothers house. After my last minute check up, I hopped in the shower and then went into bed. Before I knew it my alarm went off at 4 am. Once my alarm went off I woke up and hopped in the shower and then got dressed. I skipped breakfast since I was going to be eating on the road. As soon as I was done with everything I just sat back and watched some TV waiting for my mother to call me.

Anyway at about 5:30ish my mother called and told me I can start heading out to her place. So, I packed my car up with my suitcase and laptop bag and was on my way. I had arrived a little before 6. We were so excited we hurried to take the luggage and laptop bag out of my car and into hers since we were taking her car. We made sure that she had everything packed from her packing list and also made sure she grabbed the magic bands. At 6 we said our goodbyes to Lola her dog and to my step father Paul who will not be joining us on this trip. On the car ride up I was listening to my iPod and mom was listening to her radio talk shows. We also munched on our bagels my step father had bought the day before from our local bakery. At about 8:30 or so we had arrived at the rest stop to grab some coffee from Dunkin Donuts and to use the restrooms. We got back on the road and after an uneventful 3 hour drive....soon enough we were driving right under the most famous arch in the world. :worship:

After enjoying the scenery of the hotels and buses, we finally arrived at our home away from home for the next few days. I was so excited because I have never stayed at this resort. (We actually had planned staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge from January 4-8, but it was during blackout dates at work (4 & 5) so we had to change the dates of the trip. And during that time we couldn't get a room cause they were booked. So we decided on staying here :-) ) Anyway, back to the report.

They had to put up a white tarp thing over the flowers because we were under a freeze warning. Although if you think about it....it looks like it snowed :-)

My mother did online check in. We were both hoping our room was ready because we can put our luggage in the room since we will be at the park till late that evening. Thankfully our room was ready but before bringing our luggage up we looked around the hotel a bit and took some photos. Let me tell you this hotel was beautiful. I would definitely stay here again.

Now it's time to check out our room. We had a parking lot view, but I didn't mind since we would only be in the room to sleep. When I stepped inside the room....I felt like I was walking in a home. The detail was calming and welcoming. And the bed was comfortable (I never slept on it though, I slept on the pull out couch bed). I also loved the small balcony, even though we didn't get the chance to sit out there since it was way to cold to be sitting out there.

Coming Up: Day One Cont. ~ Epcot

When I last left off we had checked into our room. We stayed in The Paddox. After we put our belongings in the room, took pictures and watched a bit of Stacy (A Disney Vacation would not be complete without watching her from the moment you walk into your hotel room, to the moment you leave to check out), it was time to head to our first park of the trip. Before the trip I have been catching up on the EMH's since I love taking advantage of them. And today, I had read online that Epcot had EMH that night till 11 so I chose that to be our first park of the trip. At about 9:30ish or so we headed straight to our bus stop and didn't have to wait to long before our bus pulled right up. (I love the music they now play on the buses)

Sorry I didn't take the front of the bus. I wanted to get the Disney Transport sign in cause I love the design. After an uneventful bus ride and not before long we were entering through the toll booth. **WARNING** **WARNING** ANTICIPATION RISING Lol

Then we got off the bus and walked over to the bag check...that was a pain to get through :headache: it was so crowded that you felt like the whole world is on top of you. But thankfully it didn't take as long as we'd thought it would. Then as we entered the park I looked up at Spaceship Earth and realized that I am actually here!

Now we still had a little bit of time left before our Fastpass+ for Spaceship Earth started. So me and my mother decided to hightail it to The Land to pick up Soarin' fastpasses for later. Then we headed out to the front of the park to see if it was time for our Fastpass+ to start.

It was still a bit early to use our Fastpass+ for Spaceship Earth so we decided to head over to see our Leave A Legacy picture that we took back in 2004. (Can you believe that 10 years have gone by and it feels just like yesterday we took this?? :eek:)

Soon enough it was time to head over to Spaceship Earth. I really love this ride, even though I do miss Jeremy Irons.... It's very relaxing and the future video always makes me laugh :rotfl2::lmao:.

After we went back in time, mom had to take a restroom break so we went into the Electric Umbrella Restaurant to use their facilities. While she was using the restroom I decided to take a few snap shots of the restaurant. I love the theme of this restaurant <3

After we took a short break, it was time for us to get "a new hairdo." Now where in Epcot do we go to get the hairdo???

Lol you guessed it.... TEST TRACK BABY!!!!!!!:woohoo:

After receiving my new hairdo we decided to venture on over to The Land and ride Living With The Land. I really like this ride because it is so relaxing and every time I ride I always find something new.

Sorry I forgot to take pictures. After Living With The Land, we still had some time to kill before our Soarin' Fastpass's start so we left The Land and just wandered over to The Seas With Nemo And Friends. I think this ride is so cute and I really love how they took the cartoon characters and added it to the real life tank to make it look like they were really in the tanks. :eek:

Now keep in mind that it was actually warm in this pic...that will not last too long.

After exploring the Big Blue World, we then wanted to catch Turtle Talk with Crush :-)

I think this is the cutest show ever for the little ones, even grown ups love it. So I highly recommend it when you visit Epcot. After the show it was time to ride Soarin'. :bitelip:

After Soarin' over California we decided that it was time for lunch since we haven't eaten since early that morning. Since we were already in The Land we just decided to grab something from Sunshine Seasons. I had the Steak & Blue Cheese sandwhich and my mom got the Chicken with Mashed Potatoes. It was so delicious <3 After filling our tummy's, I wanted to go visit the King Of Pop and where do we go to see him??

Lol no it's not Journey Into Imagination...

Yup, CAPTAIN EO! I am so glad I got the chance to experience it on our recent visit in September of last year. I really love the music that they play and the choreography. **WE ARE HERE TO CHANGE THE WORLD!!!**

After we changed the world....we mosied on over to use our imagination with a cute little purple pigment named Figment.

*Gotta love Rick Morranis*

*Robin Williams <3*

*Eric Idle*

After we used our imagination it was getting a bit chilly out so I suggested we go get our first Starbucks coffee ever at Disney World. I got a vanilla latte which was sooooo good!!! I don't remember what my mother had.

As we were drinking our coffee's it was getting to cold out to be outside so we went over to Innoventions. Once we arrived we grabbed seats right in front of the Where's The Fire attraction.

Once we finished our drinks, it was time to head over to World Showcase.

*I love this photo*

Mexico was our first stop on our World Showcase Adventure. We headed inside the beautiful pyramid to ride the Gran Fiesta Tour with The Three Caballeros. It definitely is a cute little touch up from El Rio Del Tiempo.
FIESTA HOY!!

!!ADIOS AMIGOS!!
Next on our list was Norway. We didn't do much here so we kinda skimmed through the shoppes. I really wanted to ride Maelstrom, but the line was pretty long and my mother didn't want to wait so we skipped out :-(
Then onto China.

I love this area <3 We looked at our show schedules and saw that the Jeweled Dragon Acrobats were about to perform so we headed on inside the pavilion where the show will take place. It was so beautiful inside <3
They were amazing! I definitely would recommend this to everyone who visits Epcot. It's a not to miss show. When we left the pavilion we saw a beautiful bird who was sitting outside in the bushes. So I figured grab a snapshot.

After we took a trip to China...we skipped through the OutPost

and made our way over to Germany. I love the details that they have done in Germany <3

We didn't do too much in Germany, but I think we did check out the shoppes. Next on our list is Italy. While we were exploring the beautiful shoppes....my mother and I heard something that was going on just outside the store. We noticed it was a performer who was doing some juggling tricks. By this time the temperature dropped tremendously and it was freezing so we only watched a little bit.

*What a beautiful statue*
Once we finished up with Germany, we walked past The American Adventure and went to Japan. We explored the shoppes and the museum for a little since I wanted to get out of the cold. (Can you say true Floridian lol):lmao:
Sorry I don't have pictures of the other World Showcase Pavilion because by this time I wasn't feeling to well :sick: so we pretty much skimmed the rest of the countries. So by the time we hit Morocco I scurried into the bathroom. Never try and eat at all the countries lol. Thank god I felt a bit better by that time. So I decided that I wanted to head back to Future World. My mom was tired since we been up since 4 that morning and my mom drove 3 straight hours. So I said my goodbyes and headed over to ride Ellen's Energy Adventure.

After getting some amazing facts about the Universe...I headed over to Journey Into Imagination. As I was heading over to the other side of Future World I came across my favorite sidewalk....yes, the one's that tinkerbell visited lol.

*I can't believe that the Wonder's Of Life Pavilion is the same age as me :-)*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter