Let's 'Bounceback' to WDW! September 2-9, 2017 POR Pre-Trip Report

Happy Thursday! I don't have any REAL updates for our September WDW vacation,

However, I'm definitely in full blown planning stage!

planning.png

According to the trip countdown on my phone, we have 226 Days until our trip. It makes me happy every time I think about it!!

get-excited-we-re-going-to-disney-world-4.png

The 4th of July is our Disney Fast Pass + day... which is going to be such a bummer! I will have the day off from work since its a National Holiday, but I will still need to wake up at 6:00am to be sitting at my laptop to make my FP's. Too early on my day off.... but of course I do what I gotta do!

Sleepy-Snow-White-Seven-Dwarves.png

March 6th is our Disney ADR Day which is only 48 days away! We really need to make a plan, and then a back up plan for our dining options. Kevin literally always gets up with me and makes me coffee on ADR day... he is my cheerleader while I am trying to get what we want and the times we want!

f7c342fb3ff749c9caec6882cd45f24c.jpg

Kevin and I have continued our Disney ADR conversation, and we are in agreement that we are going to try our very best to ONLY eat at new restaurants that we haven't eaten at before. There are a couple of restaurants that I've eaten at years ago before I met my husband, so I'm including them to be in the running.

After going through every single WDW park and resort restaurant and removing every restaurant that we have eaten at, here is the final list that we have to choose from:

Magic Kingdom:
Conderella's Royal Table-
Skipper Canteen
Tony's Town Square
EPCOT:
Biergarten
Marrakesh
Nine Dragons
Spice Road Table
Teppan Edo
Tutto Italia
Coral Reef
Garden Grill
Hollywood Studios:
50's Prime Time
Hollywood and Vine
Hollywood Brown Derby
Animal Kingdom: Tiffins
Animal Kingdom Lodge:
Jiko
Sanaa
Beach Club:
Cape May Cafe
Boardwalk:
Flying Fish
Trattoria al Forno
Caribbean Beach Resort
Shutters
Contemporary:
California Grill
The Wave
Coronado Springs: Maya Grill
Dolphin:
Shula's Steak House
Todd English Bluezoo
Fort Wilderness Resort:
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Trail's End Restaurant
Grand Floridian:
Citricos
Narcoosee's
Victoria and Albert's
Grand Floridian Cafe
Old Key West:
Olivia's Cafe
Polynesian:
Ohana (we have eaten breakfast here, but not dinner)
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Port Orleans Riverside: Shutters
Saratoga Springs:
Il Mulano
Wilderness Lodge:
Artist Point
Yacht Club:
Beaches and Cream
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Disney Springs:
Bongo's Cuban Cafe
Homecoming
House of Blues
Paradiso 37
Portobello Country Italian Trattoria

We have the Disney Dining Plan, so we will have 7 Table Service Credits to make ADR's with. I know that a lot of the restaurants listed use 2 table service restaurants and we are ok with that!

Disney-Dining-Plan.jpg

Over the next couple of days, we are going to sit down with this list and look at menus to see which ones look delicious!

I would LOVE some suggestions from anyone who is reading this PTR! Are any of the restaurants on this list YOUR favorites? Or are any of the restaurants on this list your least favorites? I would love some recommendations!

For all the hype about Cinderella's Royal Table, we were not impressed. Unless you love the characters, the food is not worth 2 credits each. At least in my opinion.

Since it's fairly new, we've never been to Skippers Canteen.

Tony's Town plaza is okay. Just your basic Italian food. Although if you can get a ADR around the times of the parade and get a seat in the room overlooking Main Street, it offers a great view of the parade.

My family and I love Garden Grill. The food is served family style and I love that it rotates around the Living with the Land ride. My son has loved it since he was 3. Plus, the character interaction is amazing. They usually come around 3 or 4 times. Definitely a thumbs up on that one.

Biergarten was just okay. The food isn't really remarkable. It's just okay for us.

Teppan Edo was a fun experience. Even my picky son was able to find something to eat. And you get to watch them cook the food in front of you. It's pretty neat.

Coral Reef is one we only did once. Mostly because I'm allergic to shellfish so we stay away from places where there could be a problem. The food was pricey, but good. If you can get a seat by the tank, it's fun.

50s Prime Time is fun if you get a cast member that is in character. We had one that was so so and it was kind of a let down. But the food was good and filling.

Bongos Cuban Cafe is fun. We were seated in the main room and their show is pretty fun to watch.

For all the hype about Cinderella's Royal Table, we were not impressed. Unless you love the characters, the food is not worth 2 credits each. At least in my opinion.

Since it's fairly new, we've never been to Skippers Canteen.

Tony's Town plaza is okay. Just your basic Italian food. Although if you can get a ADR around the times of the parade and get a seat in the room overlooking Main Street, it offers a great view of the parade.

My family and I love Garden Grill. The food is served family style and I love that it rotates around the Living with the Land ride. My son has loved it since he was 3. Plus, the character interaction is amazing. They usually come around 3 or 4 times. Definitely a thumbs up on that one.

Biergarten was just okay. The food isn't really remarkable. It's just okay for us.

Teppan Edo was a fun experience. Even my picky son was able to find something to eat. And you get to watch them cook the food in front of you. It's pretty neat.

Coral Reef is one we only did once. Mostly because I'm allergic to shellfish so we stay away from places where there could be a problem. The food was pricey, but good. If you can get a seat by the tank, it's fun.

50s Prime Time is fun if you get a cast member that is in character. We had one that was so so and it was kind of a let down. But the food was good and filling.

Bongos Cuban Cafe is fun. We were seated in the main room and their show is pretty fun to watch.

Thank you so much for your advice! It is super helpful for me to hear from others who have actually eaten at these restaurants and what their experiences were.

I too am questioning Cinderella's Royal Table. Each year I say I'm going to make ADR'S, but I never do. I guess I just want to eat there because it's INSIDE of the castle.

My husband said tonight that Coral Reef is OUT... he doesn't want to eat fish while watching them swim haha

Hi!! Joining along! My boyfriend and I are planning a September trip (10th-18th)!! Out of the restaurants you and your hubby have picked I've only ever done Ohana (May 2016) and it really wasn't good at all:( We went really late (to see Wishes) so maybe that's why? Food was cold and our server never offered us seconds and I guess it's suppose to be all-you-can-eat. But I've read great reviews so I definitely say you gotta try it for yourself:)

The only restaurant that I've tried that you guys haven't (from your original list other than Ohana) is House of Blues. I've been three times (past 3 vacations) and I love it! Great atmosphere, delicious food, just all around very vacation-y!!

I hate how long we have to wait for September park hours! I just want to finalize my plans haha ADR's are creeping up so quick!!

Hi!! Joining along! My boyfriend and I are planning a September trip (10th-18th)!! Out of the restaurants you and your hubby have picked I've only ever done Ohana (May 2016) and it really wasn't good at all:( We went really late (to see Wishes) so maybe that's why? Food was cold and our server never offered us seconds and I guess it's suppose to be all-you-can-eat. But I've read great reviews so I definitely say you gotta try it for yourself:)

The only restaurant that I've tried that you guys haven't (from your original list other than Ohana) is House of Blues. I've been three times (past 3 vacations) and I love it! Great atmosphere, delicious food, just all around very vacation-y!!

I hate how long we have to wait for September park hours! I just want to finalize my plans haha ADR's are creeping up so quick!!

I agree with you on Ohana's... I can't eat the shrimp so for me it was limited and the food was dry and overcooked. The only good thing was that we had a later meal and got to watch the fireworks from our table.

We will be there while you are. Starting on the 15th. Great time of year to go!!

Yaaaaay for your September trip!!

Its so weird because some reviews I read - they LOVE Ohana's dinner.... and other reviews I read - they really didnt like it at ALL. UGH. I wish it was easier to choose! I've never been to House of Blues at all, but if you've been there 3 times in a row it must be good!! Do you normally order the same meal each time, or do you try different things on the menu?

I agree with you on Ohana's... I can't eat the shrimp so for me it was limited and the food was dry and overcooked. The only good thing was that we had a later meal and got to watch the fireworks from our table.

We will be there while you are. Starting on the 15th. Great time of year to go!!

Dry and overcooked food? :worried: That doesn't sound very promising.... ugh.

Happy Monday!

Today is absolutely pouring rain outside. Walking from my car to my office this morning was very difficult because the rain was coming in sideways so my umbrella wasn't helpful! Today I am dreaming of warm and sunny Magic Kingdom days... :flower1:

rain26.gif

The good news is that we have been able to slowly eliminate a few restaurants off of our GINORMOUS list: Biergarten, Tutto Italia, Hollywood and Vine, and Grand Floridian Café have all been dropped.

LadyAndTheTramp.jpg

We are left with the below 10 options that we still need to remove a few from:

1. Magic Kingdom:
Cinderella’s Royal Table (2 table service credits)

2. Magic Kingdom:
Skipper Canteen

3. EPCOT:
Teppan Edo - Japan (I have not eaten here since 2005) (Dad’s pick)

4. Animal Kingdom:
Tiffins - 2 table service credits

5. Animal Kingdom Lodge:
Sanaa

6. Boardwalk:
Trattoria al Forno

7. Contemporary:
The Wave

8. Fort Wilderness Resort:

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue (2 table service credits)

9. Polynesian:
Ohana Dinner

10. Port Orleans Riverside:
Boatwrights

So we are slowly making progress! Why is this SO DIFFICULT to choose restaurants!?!?!?! ... oh yeah, probably because I'm trying to decide what I want to eat 8 months before my vacation! LOL :rotfl2:

upload_2017-1-23_10-37-25.jpeg

Happy Monday!

Today is absolutely pouring rain outside. Walking from my car to my office this morning was very difficult because the rain was coming in sideways so my umbrella wasn't helpful! Today I am dreaming of warm and sunny Magic Kingdom days... :flower1:

rain26.gif

The good news is that we have been able to slowly eliminate a few restaurants off of our GINORMOUS list: Biergarten, Tutto Italia, Hollywood and Vine, and Grand Floridian Café have all been dropped.

LadyAndTheTramp.jpg

We are left with the below 10 options that we still need to remove a few from:

1. Magic Kingdom:

2. Magic Kingdom:
Skipper Canteen

3. EPCOT:

4. Animal Kingdom:

Tiffins - 2 table service credits

5. Animal Kingdom Lodge:
Sanaa

6. Boardwalk:

Trattoria al Forno

7. Contemporary:
The Wave

8. Fort Wilderness Resort:

9. Polynesian:
Ohana Dinner

10. Port Orleans Riverside:
Boatwrights

So we are slowly making progress! Why is this SO DIFFICULT to choose restaurants!?!?!?! ... oh yeah, probably because I'm trying to decide what I want to eat 8 months before my vacation! LOL :rotfl2:

View attachment 216719

Are you doing breakfast, lunch or dinner for CRT? We did breakfast and the character interaction was great. My son was 5 and he loved the characters. I'm not sure it's worth 2 credits, but I say do it at least once. Especially if you have your heart set on it. I hope you don't mind, but here's a picture of my son and Mary Poppins:

MaryPoppins.jpg

I wold definitely do Teppan Edo. One of my sons favorites and I think we are going to do it again this trip. It's been awhile since we've eaten there.

As far as Ohana, myabe they just had an off night. I just know that my husband and son were not impressed with the food.

When Boatwrights served breakfast we would eat there and it was awesome. I still remember the strawberries and cream...amazing...LOL!!

I've always wanted to eat at Hoop Dee Doo. I might try to make it happen this trip.

I think it's difficult be we want everything to be perfect.

I've never eaten at any of them, but we have CRT and Ohana on our list!

Great minds think alike!! I have eaten breakfast at Ohana's 3x and its so delicious! I've heard a lot of good (and bad) things about their dinner, but I still think we need to try it! :yay:

Are you doing breakfast, lunch or dinner for CRT? We did breakfast and the character interaction was great. My son was 5 and he loved the characters. I'm not sure it's worth 2 credits, but I say do it at least once. Especially if you have your heart set on it. I hope you don't mind, but here's a picture of my son and Mary Poppins:

View attachment 216766

I wold definitely do Teppan Edo. One of my sons favorites and I think we are going to do it again this trip. It's been awhile since we've eaten there.

As far as Ohana, myabe they just had an off night. I just know that my husband and son were not impressed with the food.

When Boatwrights served breakfast we would eat there and it was awesome. I still remember the strawberries and cream...amazing...LOL!!

I've always wanted to eat at Hoop Dee Doo. I might try to make it happen this trip.

I think it's difficult be we want everything to be perfect.

We would definitely do dinner at CRT. Its ALWAYS on our list, but we never seem to do it! The pic of your son and Mary Poppins is absolutely precious... I LOVE it! I agree with you, we need to do it at least once. Maybe this is the year!

I ate at Teppan Edo YEARS ago when my 14 year old son was only 3 years old! My husband and my father have never eaten there before though. My father has picked it for this trip, so it is a KEEPER for our list! I remember that it was very delicious, so I'm looking forward to it again!

Maybe you can do Hoop Dee Doo this trip! This is one restaurant that I rarely ever hear anything bad mentioned about it!

Hi there! Following along! We dined at HDDR this past December for my birthday dinner. I was a little concerned that my children wouldn't enjoy it (9 and 6 yr old), that the humor would be lost on them, but they loved it! We all did! It was definitely the highlight of our trip. The food was good, all-you-can-eat chicken, beans, corn bread, etc. But really, the show was what made the night so memorable. The performance was incredible, non-stop laughs all night. My 9 yr was cracking up all night, he thought it was hilarious. You won't be disappointed!

We'll also be heading down in September, I haven't firmed up the dates yet. My daughter turns 7 on 9/30, so we'll be there around that time to celebrate and also attend MNSSHP :flower:

Hi there! Following along! We dined at HDDR this past December for my birthday dinner. I was a little concerned that my children wouldn't enjoy it (9 and 6 yr old), that the humor would be lost on them, but they loved it! We all did! It was definitely the highlight of our trip. The food was good, all-you-can-eat chicken, beans, corn bread, etc. But really, the show was what made the night so memorable. The performance was incredible, non-stop laughs all night. My 9 yr was cracking up all night, he thought it was hilarious. You won't be disappointed!

We'll also be heading down in September, I haven't firmed up the dates yet. My daughter turns 7 on 9/30, so we'll be there around that time to celebrate and also attend MNSSHP :flower:

This is GREAT to know. Thank you so much! I'm so glad that you all had such a great experience at HDDR!! I really hope that we end up keeping this on our list!! Crossing my fingers!

ETA: I LOVE your profile pic! Hes so CUTE!

I'm thinking of doing it. With 2 20 year old boys I think it might be worth it. LOL!!

Happy Monday to everyone! I hope that everyone had a great weekend, and that you're not too tired from the late night Superbowl game. Wasn't Lady Gaga amazing in the halftime show? I LOVED it! :love:

Yesterday Kevin and I FINALLY picked our restaurant choices because our ADR day is only 28 days away!

1. Magic Kingdom:

cinderella-royal-table-07.jpg

2. Magic Kingdom:
Skipper Canteen

Skipper-Canteen_Full_26276.jpg

3. EPCOT:

4e0e3c393e86285bacfee95a35974d5a.jpg

4. Animal Kingdom Lodge:
Sanaa

Sanaa-Restaurant-Interior.jpg

5. Fort Wilderness Resort:

hoop-de-doo-musical-revue-00.jpg

6. Polynesian:
Ohana Dinner

ohana-gallery17.jpg

7. Food & Wine Festival
Eating around the World!

Epcot-Food-Wine-Festival-099.jpg

So there you have it. Those are the FINAL choices, and I will be online bright at early on March 6th to make all of my ADR's. Now I just need to figure out which days and times that best work for our schedule.

I love our family to wear cool matching shirts every day in the parks, but its such a chore to pick them out. There are literally THOUSANDS of unique shirt designs to choose from on ETSY. Here are a few that I have narrowed down so far:

For me - Hollywood Studios

il_570xN.1118272426_ezv5.jpg

For my Husband, Son, and Dad - Hollywood Studios

il_570xN.1000857150_s7j8.jpg

For Magic Kingdom - Me

il_570xN.1018693899_n53n.jpg

For Magic Kingdom - my husband, son, and dad

il_570xN.873671409_gv6w.jpg

I LOVE this design, but in a different color for sure... maybe Purple?

il_570xN.1059319573_gxy2.jpg

These are so cool for EPCOT... my husband went nutty for the retro design!
il_570xN.1103211580_i8ug.jpg

I'd like to do this design in 4 different colors for our family...

il_570xN.1021639893_hxux.jpg

There are so many cute choices. I have lots of time to choose and order shirts, but the Disney Vacation Planner in me wants to buy them now! :flower1:

I love our family to wear cool matching shirts every day in the parks, but its such a chore to pick them out. There are literally THOUSANDS of unique shirt designs to choose from on ETSY. Here are a few that I have narrowed down so far:

For me - Hollywood Studios

il_570xN.1118272426_ezv5.jpg

For my Husband, Son, and Dad - Hollywood Studios

il_570xN.1000857150_s7j8.jpg

For Magic Kingdom - Me

il_570xN.1018693899_n53n.jpg

For Magic Kingdom - my husband, son, and dad

il_570xN.873671409_gv6w.jpg

I LOVE this design, but in a different color for sure... maybe Purple?

il_570xN.1059319573_gxy2.jpg

These are so cool for EPCOT... my husband went nutty for the retro design!
il_570xN.1103211580_i8ug.jpg

I'd like to do this design in 4 different colors for our family...

il_570xN.1021639893_hxux.jpg

There are so many cute choices. I have lots of time to choose and order shirts, but the Disney Vacation Planner in me wants to buy them now! :flower1:

I'm the same way! I've already started planning and buying, it's actually really fun! Your choices are very cute! I have no idea how to upload pics on here, or I'd show some of ours! Main Street Press, Happily Ever Tees, and Once Upon a Mickey Tee are some of my faves! And I could spend days looking at stuff for my girls on Etsy!

Following! Just caught up after your post-trip report. Glad you eliminated H&V from your meals :o It is one of the only places I would have to say I would not want to return to. Characters were cute during the spring time dine, but the food, no thank you.

I have dined at all your choices except Skipper Canteen, but I hear good things. I have been to ‘Ohana three times and have always had a great meal! I booked it for my upcoming trip as well. I have never felt rushed, and have always had great service. I always luck out and have had views of the castle too. My only “complaint” would be one time my family and I were served steak that was a little undercooked to our liking, but our server had no problem bringing us steak that was less red. I would also highly recommend the Lapu Lapu if you like rum! :drinking1

IMG_15892.jpg

It is deceptive. Looks and tastes like it isn’t that strong, but do not be fooled! The Tambu Lounge also serves this drink if you get there early or have a little wait.

I will note that I usually make my ‘Ohana ADRs earlier (<6:00pm) in the night than later since it is known to have backups. I figure this may be why I have never had any service or time issues. My last ADR was for 3:30pm before a MVMCP and it worked out perfectly!

I'm the same way! I've already started planning and buying, it's actually really fun! Your choices are very cute! I have no idea how to upload pics on here, or I'd show some of ours! Main Street Press, Happily Ever Tees, and Once Upon a Mickey Tee are some of my faves! And I could spend days looking at stuff for my girls on Etsy!

YESSS! I follow Main Street Press, Happily Ever Tees, AND Once Upon a Mickey Tee on Instagram! I want to buy them all, but....... unfortunately money is not unlimited haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter