Let's Have a Kiki With Benedict Cumberbatch & Mickey! **Update 11/02 x4**

Back and caught up. Nothing beats going to DTD on the boat, seeing wildlife (your frog in the water) and shopping and Raglan Road. We love that place and glad you enjoyed it too. Boo to the rude CM, but glad that everyone else was cooperating with you. Love your selfie (please just don't get one of those selfie-sticks).

I promise no selfie stick, Miss Kathy! It was a lovely day! The rude CM did put me off a bit, but like you said, everyone else cooperated!

I'm so in awe of people willing to travel for an extended period by themselves. Don't get me wrong, I've been all around the world "traveling" solo: meaning I got there solo, but I have never toured a place alone and I have mad respect for those who do. In fact, I'm a little jealous:rolleyes1

I'm so in awe of people willing to travel for an extended period by themselves. Don't get me wrong, I've been all around the world "traveling" solo: meaning I got there solo, but I have never toured a place alone and I have mad respect for those who do. In fact, I'm a little jealous:rolleyes1

Thank you! The longest I've travelled solo is a month and a half, during the London 2012 Olympics. I love it, and would do it more often if I could. It's so much fun!

Some Real Life Updates - Biggie!

Where do I begin? My employers officially approved my holiday for next year, and confirmed the dates. I'll be in Florida from September 2nd to September 16th, 2016. I'll be staying at Port Orleans: French Quarter with the Deluxe Dining Plan, and celebrating my 30th birthday! I am SO excited.

So, last year, around June, my friend Austin, who is the girlfriend of one of my closest friends Blake, messaged me on FB. We are both HUGE musical theatre/West End/Broadway fans. HUGE. She had found out that one of our favourite theatre stars, Bernadette Peters, was doing a concert in Rochester. We live about 4 hours (driving) away from Rochester. Now, Austin is a FAR bigger fan than I am, but that was not going to stop us. Yesterday was the big concert. Austin came to sleep over on Friday. We left yesterday morning at about 8:30 am and drove to Watertown, where we stopped for an early lunch at Panera. We continued on to Rochester and met up with Austin's friend, Kevin who was kindly putting us up for the night. After putting our luggage into his car, we went for a snack at the mall and to waster time before heading to the theatre.

We had dinner, went to see if we could meet Bernadette before hand (she hadn't left the theatre, so that was a bust), then went in. The show was pretty good. After the show, we were the first ones there, ended up getting shoved to the back (the entire stage door experience was an ABSOLUTE MESS), but here is the final result:

11174877_10152925529839685_6098705136144557157_n_zpsrpz8fsog.jpg

It was worth getting shoved to the back, as we ended up having a bit more time. Bernadette was delightful. Very tired, but delightful. Austin, myself, and a young lady and her mother were the last four there, so we were the last four to be met. I got my autograph and Bernadette literally started to walk off to get into the car. Austin and Rosa were visibly upset because we all thought she was leaving. We called out to her and she turned around and signed for us. We were pretty angry as the security did nothing to control what had happened, even though they had clearly seen us and the security knew us from before the show. A man was actually physically moving, with his entire body, us out of the way. It was badly organized and someone could've got hurt, but as I said though, it was nothing compared to actually meeting Bernadette.

Continue

Last edited:

Just found your report today and am loving it! :love:

I have gone on two solo trips and am in the planning stages for my third solo in January 2016.

Looking forward to more of your report.

Just found your report today and am loving it! :love:

I have gone on two solo trips and am in the planning stages for my third solo in January 2016.

Looking forward to more of your report.
Thank you!

I love solo tripping!

Thanks for joining in and keep reading!

WOO HOO for your vacation time being approved and you spending your 30th at Disney.

It's funny you mention Bernadette Peters. My boss is getting a huge honor this coming Tuesday (May 5)...which I will not be at...:(...and Bernadette Peters if performing.

WOO HOO for your vacation time being approved and you spending your 30th at Disney.

It's funny you mention Bernadette Peters. My boss is getting a huge honor this coming Tuesday (May 5)...which I will not be at...:(...and Bernadette Peters if performing.

Oh no, I really wish you could be there :(! I think you'd really enjoy seeing Bernadette! Small world, though, me meeting her/mentioning her and her performing at the ceremony that your boss is getting an honour at!

I am so excited! I've never really celebrated anything, minus my college grad trip, at Disney!

Day 3 - Rise Like the Break of Dawn!

Another early morning. I grabbed an early breakfast and headed to MK to do rope drop and see the opening show. It’s the first time I’d seen it with the additions of Anna, Elsa etc.

b78bfb1b-3817-4947-ad95-a24595f844b7_zps7a7cukou.jpg

As soon as we were actually allowed into the park, I went to the left and watched the characters come down the ramp of the train station. I headed straight to meet Merida, as not only is she one of my absolute favourite princesses (and Disney characters!), but I was hoping she’d help me with my little project for the boys. She was wonderful and had heard about my project from Rapunzel. Merida was absolutely brilliant, overall, 10/10.

26351729-4833-4935-926d-a71969243fd4_zpsvr3vp7nv.jpg

I then toddled around Fantasyland and hopped on It’s a Small World. I love this ride, not going to lie. I then went over to ride The Haunted Mansion and Pirates, before watching Dream Along With Mickey.

873e60ce-5b4a-402e-9300-202f630044ed_zpsihdizvkt.jpg
cc9c436c-d743-4d15-b07c-8e6c58ec9724_zps5mvf9tem.jpg

DSCN2314_zpsdnwkgha7.jpg

DSCN2328_zpsaiwpm723.jpg

I didn’t really have any specific goals in mind, just wandering and enjoying myself. Actually, that’s not entirely true. I was waiting for my fast pass time to start. I’d be meeting a certain pair of sisters. The boys, for the longest time, absolutely loved “Let It Go”, which they call “The Ice Song”. Anna and Elsa were wonderful and Anna just made the meeting THAT much better. I was so excited to see them (and be in Disney!), Anna called me out while I was waiting in line, deciding that I'd had too much chocolate. This greatly entertained everyone else! Both were MORE than willing to help me out with the sign.
DSCN2367_zps1fejzv0k.jpg

After meeting the sisters, I met Suzy and Perla, two of Cinderella’s mice. They were meeting where Tiana usually meets. They were a delight. I was determined to get as many characters from Cinderella, as this was the twin’s first Disney film – ever. The only ones I missed were the Prince and the Fairy Godmother. Seriously, I was on a character roll.

DSCN2372_zpskuxmhoqo.jpg

Continue

Last edited:
Day 3, Part 2 - Today, I let my heart decide!

I was due to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern, so went and checked in. I waited for a little bit (10 minutes, max) and was then shown in. I wish I could remember my waiter’s name – he was outstanding. He knew the menu left, right and centre and knew everything when it came to the menu and food allergies. The chef came out to talk to me, as per usual. I had clam chowder to start, with a burger and fries (burgers are my staple meal) and chocolate cake for dessert.

5a206081-e01e-418d-a0f6-4afcb1e827e5_zpsgpzeve35.jpg

1db0d509-e7fa-4a45-8f53-1c5e8b6f572b_zpsakxs0apm.jpg

It was a LOT. I couldn’t eat it all. I thanked my waiter profusely and decided to go to Adventureland.

55619457-909b-4a94-b373-8f5130c5ce80_zps5abm44eh.jpg

DSCN2392_zpscvylvl7w.jpg

I rode Aladdin’s Magic Carpets. I really enjoyed riding it. This was the second time I’ve ever ridden it and had forgotten how much I loved the ride, short as it is. After going on a magical ride, I headed over to meet one of the four Disney characters that the boys LOVE the most and I knew I’d NEVER hear the end of it if I didn’t.

Continue

Last edited:
Part 3 - Forget Flying! You Take a Deep Breath, Think Happy Thoughts and CROW!

So, off I went to Neverland (a.k.a, the Adventureland Veranda)! The boys LOVE Peter. You’ll come across two of their other favourites later on in this update. Peter was absolutely EPIC. Just epic. He, Gaston and Merida were my top 3 character meets of the entire trip.

DSCN2395_zpsawub5i33.jpg

We ended up talking slightly longer than we probably should have. I’m sorry to those who were behind me. He asked me where I had flown in from, and when I said Canada, he immediately shot back with, “Epcot?!”. It caught me off guard and started to correct him, only to be yelled at with, “EPCOT! You flew from Epcot!”.

DSCN2396_zpsw1toxi2u.jpg

He more than willingly posed with the birthday sign, and told me to wish the boys a happy birthday. I asked him to teach me to crow, so that I could teach the boys. Well. I was in for it. I was second in line for Peter, and the family in front had stuck around, because they knew I was going to ask him to teach me crow. I didn’t think it would happen. I didn’t. Well. He taught me to crow and I’m just sorry I didn’t think to record it. Our (meaning his) crowing was so loud, we actually attracted quite a crowd. I will never forget that.

DSCN2398_zpsofeuib5v.jpg

Continue

Last edited:
Laura, what a fabulous update...so much fun.

I love your picture with Merida.

Haunted Mansion...a favorite, and I finally saw Dream with Mickey last month for the first time in many years.

Looks and sounds like an awesome meet-up with Peter Pan and I'm so glad you learned to crow. :goodvibes

Day 3, Part 4 - A Parade with Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

This entry is photo heavy! It was around 1:30 by the time I was done meeting Peter. While heading down Main Street, I saw Aurora was out, so went and saw her. She was lovely. A bit quiet, but lovely. Again, no photo because of the sign with the names on. Sorry! When there’s a meeting with Peter, you have to meet Tink too, so off I went. She was great too. I waited about 10 minutes to meet her.

bfe47d55-96c2-43b4-a97b-eb58ce16b1e4_zpspkng2mwb.jpg

She was so excited to find out about the twins, as she’s a twin herself! It was about 2:00 pm when I left Tink, so I decided to watch Festival of Fantasy from the parade step off area, which is in Frontierland. I’m glad I did, as the performers were SO interactive.

35db5bce-1d69-4f13-b706-cd188e7f8acc_zpskkxqj2il.jpg
de49f3f4-7e9c-42ef-9bc4-e9deec5cb03d_zpsuoo16von.jpg

cd86ed21-8599-4f8d-8ec0-328ee9943fa8_zpsgkfxsvqc.jpg

312c6c43-1a76-48bb-b067-ffe835cf693c_zpstqys2uzm.jpg

It was during this trip that I became a fan of Peter Pan. I loved the book, liked the film, but it was my encounter with Peter this day that cemented it.
6f4f383c-00b9-4ee3-874e-e3e1033cf2f4_zpslps235j1.jpg

171f692e-a0e6-4d4f-a896-87cb46033efe_zpshfbnkj0h.jpg

Can we also discuss how huge the Maleficent unit truly is?
After the parade was done, I decided to head over to Hollywood Studios. I adore Hollywood Studios, as it’s got the Muppets, Fantasmic, Characterpalooza and a few more, but I could probably miss it if I only had a few days in WDW. I was interested in seeing some of the Frozen Summer Fun, and also, there were two particular cars I had to see on behalf of the boys.

Continue

Last edited:
Part 5 - From Magic to Movies in About 15 Minutes

I left MK (not before getting my picture taken!), hopped on the Hollywood Studios bus, and was whisked to the World of Film.
128932fc-9301-4f2d-80a5-35240bdb8eaf_zpspf3kxtog.jpg

As I headed in, I ended up getting four Olaf’s (these were just the beginning - I ended up getting about 9 in total; which was dispensed amongst the kids I babysit for – there are a lot of kids I babysit for). After seeing Lightening and Mater, who did some extra revs of their engines, I took in the ice skating show at Wandering Oaken’s. I had a blue slushie and generally enjoyed the area.

c2b61586-f540-4665-902c-9833d304e4ea_zpsiib7ehoq.jpg
b53a5e2b-eac4-412a-b5e8-464351e7a0b8_zpsewpekqkw.jpg

e611f892-fcd0-4444-b5c4-2cf9d281bed6_zpseuafrqcj.jpg

f1424341-33a0-4473-8e1e-3a1a949ab1a8_zpsnekooozz.jpg

After then going on the Great Movie Ride, I headed back to the hotel.

I had Jambayala and corn bread, which was SUPER yummy. I couldn’t finish the meal (again), there was a lot.
1c848a26-6674-41f7-889e-e7c153599511_zpsgziydrhd.jpg

I then Skyped my mom, read (was reading the sequel to The Nanny Diaries; if you ever want to read something that TRULY shows the pros and cons of a job, read The Nanny Diaries; it describes the life of a nanny) and fell asleep. Tomorrow would be a mixture of animals and things that weren’t so scary!

Last edited:
You people seem so lovely. Sherlock and Disney are a perfect match! I'd so go on a trip like this...

Found your report today and am enjoying it immensely. I hope to do a solo trip someday when my kids are grown. I think I would enjoy not having to worry about what anyone else wanted to do and just explore on my on. I also can't imagine having that many days to be there. Our max so far has been 6 days. I love Bernadette Peters. I went to a concert of her's several years ago. However, did not have the opportunity to meet her. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Laura, what a fabulous update...so much fun.

I love your picture with Merida.

Haunted Mansion...a favorite, and I finally saw Dream with Mickey last month for the first time in many years.

Looks and sounds like an awesome meet-up with Peter Pan and I'm so glad you learned to crow. :goodvibes

Oh, thank you!

Thank you, re: Merida :D! It was so much fun to meet her!

Haunted Mansion is one of my absolute favourites! Did you enjoy Dream Along??!

It was very noisy crowing!

You people seem so lovely. Sherlock and Disney are a perfect match! I'd so go on a trip like this...

Thank you!

Re: Sherlock and Disney - I thought so too!

Found your report today and am enjoying it immensely. I hope to do a solo trip someday when my kids are grown. I think I would enjoy not having to worry about what anyone else wanted to do and just explore on my on. I also can't imagine having that many days to be there. Our max so far has been 6 days. I love Bernadette Peters. I went to a concert of her's several years ago. However, did not have the opportunity to meet her. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Thank you so much!

I love solo travelling. I was worried I would get lonely, but I didn't, and still don't. Every now and then, I get a wee bit homesick, but it seriously passes within seconds. One of the nicest things is not having to worry about what others want to do etc. It's just you and your time. I have to admit, 14 days is a long time (my trip next year is 15!) and it is a lot, but it works itself out, at least for me. I filled it with swimming, relaxing, the Parks and more. There's a movie theatre too, at DTD.

Bernadette was so much fun! Which concert did you attend?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter