Let's have some fun - AKV Resale Speculation

I believe that AKV will hold their own price wise and be desirable down the road. When I purchased my BCV I felt the same thing and it has proved to be true.

I also thought the minimum purchase through DVC was 160 points, but I also have heard of people buying a resale for only 50 points ( who were not already DVC members) just so they could go every 3 years- they didn't want more points/more dues. I would have thought that anything under 160 points by a non-current DVC member wouldn't pass ROFR, but perhaps it does? ---Kathy

It does. On my first contract Disney exercised ROFR on 100 pts SSR at $82 per share. My next contract for 100 pts. I did $84 points and passed. I did it for all the reasons mentioned...lower MFs, fewer trips.

Lets do some math. 200 dev. points x $10(avg.) per point = $2,000.00
Broker commision runs about 10%.
Take $2,000.00 - $520.00 (10% commission on $5,200.00 contract) = $1,480.00 profit.
Now subtract $1,480.00 from $5,200.00 = $3,720.00 net price paid for 50 point AKV contract. divide $3,720.00 by 50 points = $74 per point. Who wouldn't spend $74 per point for AKV?

I don't completely understand your math. If you purchase a 50 pt. contract you only get 100 developer pts., not 200. Or am I missing something?

I don't completely understand your math. If you purchase a 50 pt. contract you only get 100 developer pts., not 200. Or am I missing something?

In this example they would have had to first buy 100 points(2 50 point contracts) in order to receive the double developer points

So overall they would pay for the 100 points, get back the money from selling 50 points and get back the money from renting all 200 of the developer points.

in addition, they could probably get more than $10 for renting which would negate some of that commission cost

Since you need to buy a minnimum of 100 points, they decided to get 2 - 50 point contracts, which included 200 developer points, with the intention of selling one contract to achieve their original goal of a 50 point AKV add-on.

Just curious...will Disney let you do you do this...get the dev. pts with 2 - 50 pt contracts rather than 1 - 100 pt contract?

Just curious...will Disney let you do you do this...get the dev. pts with 2 - 50 pt contracts rather than 1 - 100 pt contract?

I was able to do it. I told my guide that I wanted 100 pts with the developers points incentive and I wanted it split into 2 50 point contracts. My guide wasn't positive that it would work, but it did!

Well, theres a new twist on "when will VAK appear on resale"

One of our members has announced on the Dining Board that he is selling two contracts and will not purchase CRV due to the "gouging" that is occuring by changing the Dining Plan....:lmao: You might get a deal.

(Have you ever heard of "cutting off your nose to spite your face"? Selling DVC due to changes in a dining plan that we aren't guaranteed access to fits IMHO!)

One of our members has announced on the Dining Board that he is selling two contracts and will not purchase CRV due to the "gouging" that is occuring by changing the Dining Plan....:lmao: You might get a deal.

?????? :rotfl: I am definitely not seeing the logic!

As the seller there is no closing cost you have to pay. I would make the buyer pay closing costs. I didn't figure in the ROFR charge since it is so minnimal. As for no buyers, there is no AKV available on the market. I'm positive, at least for now, there will be no shortage of buyers for a small AKV contract for a no DVC member.

It would have to be a non member buying this because charging closing costs on top of full dollar cost would make it more expensive than buying direct.

(Have you ever heard of "cutting off your nose to spite your face"? Selling DVC due to changes in a dining plan that we aren't guaranteed access to fits IMHO!)

I don't see this as so ridiculous my wife and I were talking today and it seems as if the dining changes and ticket increases may be the straw that breaks the camels back. We are now considering selling our original 350 at BWV and only keeping 150 SSR it will be less trips to wdw but more trips else where.

Disney keeps raising prices and many people will not keep paying the high prices (for food and for tickets). I can see the logic in selling.

Hi everyone! Let's have some fun and speculate. The questions are:

1) When do you think that we will start seeing AKV resales?

2) What do you think that the price per point will be?

,,,,. :rotfl2:

1. At the first divorce.

2. About $10 pp less than themember paid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter