Let's keep it real ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although a small part of me thinks, you guys have one of the best jobs in the world

Oh I agree, I sometimes hate these guys for the jobs that they have. Getting to go to Disney every day and getting paid to do it?!!? Heaven!

I think the solution to all of the problems is more Craig. I LOVE the fact that is not unwilling to criticize Disney(like Pete). There are others at the table I feel however, that pretty much are unwilling(or afraid?) to offer a negative word on what Disney is doing.

I think the solution to all of the problems is more Craig. I LOVE the fact that is not unwilling to criticize Disney(like Pete). There are others at the table I feel however, that pretty much are unwilling(or afraid?) to offer a negative word on what Disney is doing.
I must humbly disagree - even though I think Pete and Craig might be more "vocal" or "forthcoming" with Disney criticisms (if they feel they are warranted of course!) I don't think any of the others are "afraid" to do so if they also feel they are warranted, or not spoken of by others first. But that's just my opinion.

All of the regulars have said negative things about Disney

Some more than others and some are less direct. But they all have

This ain't Lou Mongello. (Love ya Lou)

All of the regulars have said negative things about Disney

Some more than others and some are less direct. But they all have

This ain't Lou Mongello. (Love ya Lou)

Exactly. I LOVE Lou's podcast and think Lou is a great dude. But it's nice to have a podcast that gets a little more critical when Disney deserves it. I usually go easy on the Disney criticism, but no doubt sometimes they deserve to get called out on their stuff. And I think everyone is very honest about their criticisms and balanced it very well with their love. Pete is easily the best at being critical while not losing an iota of his Disney love... that's why he's the master.

Lou and the DIS are the only two Disney podcasts I listen to, and I honestly couldn't tell you which one I like more. I'm just happy to live in a world where both exist!

(Has the DIS ever mentioned Lou at all? I know they played a part of his show after Bob died and Lou expressed his condolences, but is that it?)

I kind of like that the show doesn't acknowledge the other podcasts. They do their own thing and it's how it should be.

I listen to 4 Disney related podcasts. Dis Unplugged, WDW Radio, WEDWay Radio and Unofficial Guide. The last two I love because they delve into the history of Disney. I enjoy Lou's show because he's just very positive. And(no smoke blowing) the Dis Unplugged is probably my favorite because it's the most fair.

One podcast I did try listening to was WDW News Today was comptely turned off by it. Completely annoying host and crew. Just had the feel of being snarky and rude.

One last thing about Lou's podcast... sometimes he has Jim Korkis, a Disney historian, on the show. He tells AMAZING stories about the history of Disney World. Highly recommended.

One last thing about Lou's podcast... sometimes he has Jim Korkis, a Disney historian, on the show. He tells AMAZING stories about the history of Disney World. Highly recommended.
I've read some of Jim Korkis's stuff on another site's weekly newsletter, and I must agree - VERY informative and entertaining!

I miss the tension between craig and the older ladies :) I thought it was very funny. they didnt get his humor and would glare at him with disapproval and confusion. Craig's disposition has improved but he still says funny things. his perspective is needed.

Forgive me if I am prying but have come to cherish almost each member of the DisTeam: Please enlighten me about what happened to Sha-une. was there some big ol' drama behind the scenes or did he just move along. he seemed miserable in the final weeks. sometimes people just gotta move along. i hope there are no hard feelings

Good point. It just seems like Craig never has anything good to say about Disney in comparision to Universal. And (just my opinion) he seems to be a harder critic on Disney and tends to be easier on Universal.

I love when Pete and the gang give honest criticism of Disney World. It's why the podcast is so good; the honesty. And I know Craig loves Disney, it just seems that he might like Universal more. Which is fine, I just think he's sometimes a little harsh with the Disney criticism.

First off, I want to thank every one for the kind words and support for me. It's not something I hear much, so this thread is a nice positivity boost, so thanks again! I haven't had a chance to read every single post, but this one stuck out to me, probably because of the bold letters in it, so I felt like a reply was needed.

I would say that I am a lot harder on Disney than I am Universal. I visited Disney World with my family quite a bit throughout my childhood and then significantly increased the amount of trips once my sister started the College Program. Some people don't want to accept the fact that Disney has changed over the years, but for me it has and not for the better. When I visited Universal for the first time four years ago and saw the theming and atmosphere they offered on top of their top notch service, it forced me to start being harsh on Disney because they were on both on the same level in my eyes. Over the past couple years, I've watched Universal continue to improve their parks and resort in every aspect, while Disney World was just okay maintaining their resort instead of trying to make it even better.

I am very harsh on Universal in comparison to Disney when it comes to certain aspects, primarily food and shopping, but until Disney World's mantra changes as a whole and the resort starts focusing on being better then it is hard to not show Universal more love. For me being better doesn't mean just growth and expansion, but it comes down to a company wide goal of being the #1 guest service providers in Orlando, which Universal has completely adopted.

To basically wrap up my ramblings - when Universal hires new Team Members and puts them through orientation, they are not discouraged to talk about Disney, love Disney, or even work there. Universal admits there are still things that they can learn from Disney and would never want to hurt opportunities for growth. Whereas, when I went through Traditions, I learned nothing new about Disney and was told that their Cast Members live up to a certain standard and tradition, but there was no discussion about how Disney could learn from other companies and I think that says a lot.

To add my experience to the conversation, my viewership of the video podcast has dwindled, from watching live every week (sometimes multiple times a week), to the occasional weekend binge-watch as I catch up on other things. There was a couple of months that I eschewed it completely, because while there was no particular moment that really upset me, I realized that over time, some thoughts, tones, and business decisions that I had found alienating had an actual, diminishing effect on my overall happiness.

Taking some time off from the podcast was good for me, and allowed me to develop a perspective that I didn't have before: the podcast team are not actors, and despite my tendency to feel otherwise, they are not my friends either. Reminding myself that they have no personal relationship to maintain with me, helps me brush off material and business decisions that I find disheartening. Reminding myself that they don't make much money (if any) from my viewership, helps me remember that the team owes me nothing, and they shouldn't necessarily care about my criticisms.

Taking the time away made me realize that my problem had less to do with their job performance as podcasters, and more to do with my job as a viewer. The realization has allowed me to return to the Disunplugged as a happier podcast viewer.

The only thing I really don't like, the friction beetween some of the team members. It sometimes borders on uncomfortable for me, not people having different opinions, but something more that I hear in the tone of a voice or an expression. Some members clearly don't mesh too well.

I can't believe Craig actually commented on my post! Oh god... now I feel bad for posting it.
You explained your feelings very well. I appreciate you actually responding to it.

Thanks for chiming in Craig! I completely agree with just about everything you've posted. It's not hard to be critical of Disney when right up the road is another company who is investing hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars to improve their product and to improve their guest experience. Instead, Disney gives us a $2 Billion dollar boondoggle that is MDE. Do you realize how many new attractions that money could have built? Heck, Hollywood Studios might be a worthwhile place to go, rather than the godforsaken dump it is now. Maybe Potter will finally wake up Disney, who knows. But in the current arms race, Universal is the United States while Disney is the comrades of the Soviet Union.

I miss the tension between craig and the older ladies :) I thought it was very funny. they didnt get his humor and would glare at him with disapproval and confusion. Craig's disposition has improved but he still says funny things. his perspective is needed.

Older Ladies? If I am included in this group, I do get Craig's Humor and love him for it..........:love:

I love vacationing, I love learning about vacationing, I love that I value the opinions of these podcasters, I love that they put so much effort into the show, and I love laughing.

This show is great! And I honestly thought that it was "tongue in cheek" anytime it was mentioned that people don't get Craig's humor. That is really unfortunate. He makes me laugh out loud.

Thanks for the fun and great info every week!

The only thing I really don't like, the friction beetween some of the team members. It sometimes borders on uncomfortable for me, not people having different opinions, but something more that I hear in the tone of a voice or an expression. Some members clearly don't mesh too well.

When JL first joined, it seemed at times her and Theresa & Craig didn't gel well, but it could have been a bad day or something, as they all seem fine now. I dunno.

The only time I get anxious/uncomfortable is when Pete has a slight, vague attitude when he speaks to people. Go on livestream and watch the friday unscripted hangout show he did with Dustin and Corey. It's like dude, chill the hell out! But I guess everyone is used to it and just roll with it.

Forgive me if I am prying but have come to cherish almost each member of the DisTeam: Please enlighten me about what happened to Sha-une. was there some big ol' drama behind the scenes or did he just move along. he seemed miserable in the final weeks. sometimes people just gotta move along. i hope there are no hard feelings

They never said why. Just that he was no longer with the team and it was amicable. He was missing on one show, and then the following week they said he was gone. No real bye or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter