• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's pretend you're going to Disney in early 2018...

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
Which week would you go, if you could go ANY week in January, February, or early March 2018? Top 3 weeks? We are trying to decide a week to go.

All we know is we will be staying at Fort Wilderness, we enjoy all parks, and its a perk to go in early March because we love Flower and Garden... but we've seen it before, so... its just a perk, not a must. :)

We'd like to go a week when paying for camping isn't $150 a night, but we are willing to pay it.

This is easy to imagine, because I am planning to go in early 2018!

I have been in early February 4 times now, always getting out before the Thursday before Presidents Day. This year I went Feb 4-11, and for 2018 I am looking at Feb 3-10 (Saturday to Saturday). Weather has been mostly beautiful, crowds about as good as they get any more I think, and prices are some of the lowest of the year.

I've been twice in April during F&G and enjoyed that, so I understand your feelings. I don't know if they will have this again next year, but during my Feb trip this year they had the Festival of the Arts going at Epcot. Not the same as F&G but they did have the food/drink booths.

This is easy to imagine, because I am planning to go in early 2018!

I have been in early February 4 times now, always getting out before the Thursday before Presidents Day. This year I went Feb 4-11, and for 2018 I am looking at Feb 3-10 (Saturday to Saturday). Weather has been mostly beautiful, crowds about as good as they get any more I think, and prices are some of the lowest of the year.

I've been twice in April during F&G and enjoyed that, so I understand your feelings. I don't know if the will have this again next year, but during my Feb trip this year they had the Festival of the Arts going at Epcot. Not the same as F&G but they did have the food/drink booths.

What did they have at the Festival or Arts?

DH and I do an adults only long weekend in January. I think I'm looking towards the weekend of MLK weeknd or the one before it. The last two years we went on MLK weekend and had great weather and reasonable crowds.

I'' not sure what all they had in the way of events, but they had artists with booths set up around WS selling their work (some Disney related but bot all). They were doing concerts featuring Disney theatre performers and music. Multiple food/drink booths around WS like at F&G and F&W - I had a piece of almond cake made to look like a Mondrian painting (I think that's the right artist) that was really good.

You might Google "Epcot Intenational Festival of the Arts" - I know EasyWDW had food booth reviews because that's how I knew about that cake!

2017 was apparently the first year for this, so I don't know what the plan is for next year.

We're planning to do this. Last year, we went the week AFTER MLK day. Crowds were nice and low for the most part. The weather can be hit or miss, but it's worth it to me. We plan to go the same week this coming year. The festival of the arts was OK, but not like killer and it definitely upped the epcot crowds.

We're planning to do this. Last year, we went the week AFTER MLK day. Crowds were nice and low for the most part. The weather can be hit or miss, but it's worth it to me. We plan to go the same week this coming year. The festival of the arts was OK, but not like killer and it definitely upped the epcot crowds.

Thanks for the tip!

I agree with this - if this is your window, late Jan - early Feb is the best time. Low crowds, spotty weather.

My vote is for the first full week in March. Just got back from a Mar 4-11 trip: crowds were decent (able to ride everything many times), weather was lovely and Flower and Garden was gorgeous and incredibly yummy!

I am going...,2nd or 3rd week of March......with approx 150 high school choir/band students. We are not staying on property and are splitting days between Disney and Universal.

We go every few years in January arriving on the tail end of Marathons and staying the whole week after. Crowds are small and Festival of the Arts will be on. I'd definitely go back for Festival of the Arts either before or after MLK weekend.

It's also pleasantly cold, which is something we really value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter