Let's see your Halloween decorations!

maslex

DIS Veteran
t's that time of year again.

We've only recently, over the last 2-3 years or so started to decorate our garage for our trick or treaters. We always have the scary music CD playing in the background and have a table set up in our garage with some skeleton heads, rats, candles, etc. We don't have much for outside yet though. I'd like to put something up (whether it's black tablecloths or sheets, etc) around the garage so it covers up all the "garage stuff". But I'm not sure where to hang these sheets. Might have to get my husband to figure that part out.

But Sunday I purchased a grim reaper in a cage that makes sounds and rattles that we will hang either in the garage or in one of out trees in the front yard. I also picked up these plastic sheets with ghost faces on them that you stuff the "head" part with newspaper and hang from the trees. I also got some "caution" and "warning" tape to hang around.

This morning, I got a text from a girl I work with that said she was selling all of her Halloween stuff so I took a ride over and got a few headstones that I will put in the front yard along the driveway. A few little scary knick-knacks to put on our table and some scary skeletons that shake and talk that we'll hang around.

I'd love to see how everyone else decorates. Any photos you'd like to share?

I dont have my decorations out yet, we won't put them out until October 1st.
But we go all out! I have ghosts hanging from my front porch, a cemetery in the front yard with a skeleton coming out of the ground in front of one, and a zombie on another. I have 7 gravestones total. They all have names painted on them such as Frank N. Stein, R.U.Scared, etc. I have a sign that hangs in front that says Dead End Cemetery. We also have a lightup spider web and spiders on it.

I let DD have a party every year and we have a haunted house in the garage. DS says I should open it up on Halloween for trick or treaters but I'm too worried about someone getting hurt or something and being sued.

Inside the house is awesome! I have a Dept 56 village set up, all kinds of ceramic figures, etc.

But we go all out! I have ghosts hanging from my front porch, a cemetery in the front yard with a skeleton coming out of the ground in front of one, and a zombie on another. I have 7 gravestones total. They all have names painted on them such as Frank N. Stein, R.U.Scared, etc. I have a sign that hangs in front that says Dead End Cemetery. We also have a lightup spider web and spiders on it.

I let DD have a party every year and we have a haunted house in the garage. DS says I should open it up on Halloween for trick or treaters but I'm too worried about someone getting hurt or something and being sued.

Inside the house is awesome! I have a Dept 56 village set up, all kinds of ceramic figures, etc.

When it's all set up, can you share a photo? We're doing up our garage as well and I'm looking for some ideas.

Yes, I could take some pics. Don't know how well they will look. We have all our tools etc hanging on the walls and move other things in corners and along the walls. I don't have a big space. We hang up black tarps and make several pathways.

I have a black light and put gobs of spider webs under it and a huge spider with red glowing eyes. When they first walk in, I have a table with two holes cut out in it. I have a person under one with his head there covered by a huge bowl. Scary makeup on of course. I have all kinds of "goodies" on the table....spaghetti (worms) peeled grapes (eyeballs) and then I lift the bowl and tell them this is the main course. When I lift the bowl the person under it screams bloody murder and also grabs their leg, haha. Then in the other hole I tell them to reach their hand down there and another person grabs it.

THere is a strobelight in that part, and then aside from the blacklit area, the rest is dark. I have several manequins standing with scary masks...the kids think they are real. I have fishing lines hung from the ceiling in one pathway that feels like spider webs. Most of our scares come from just trying to navigate in the dark and my DH jumping out at them in random spots.

I'd love to do a bigger and better one, but don't have the money or space. Still, it's good...we get a lot of screams and freaking out amongst the girls.

When it's all set up, can you share a photo? We're doing up our garage as well and I'm looking for some ideas.

59lineup.jpg

not so much a Halloween decoration anymore as much as it is something collecting dust in my garage

We plan to put out our decorations after our DLR trip, but we have about 7 tombstones that I made last year. For the last few years we've had lights coordinated to music, but since we moved recently we haven't done any if our programming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter