• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was at VGF today, couldn’t resist popping over and getting a fresh photo of the mystery portal 😆
How many mystery portals are there? Thought there were 2 facing the lake and 2 facing the monorail.

Last edited:
How many mystery portals are there? Thought there were 2 facing the lake and 2 facing the monorail.
Definitely two facing the lake. This is the one closest to OG Poly 😆 the one closest to the wedding pavilion is covered in scaffolding, and other than a boat ride, I’m not sure how to get close to it to get a picture 🤷🏼‍♀️ Since they closed my beloved pathway, I never see the other side of the tower.

That is definitely a viewing area. Hope we get some info soon!
I’m with you that it’s most likely a viewing area, but I keep questioning it because I’m coming back to revenue generation. I find it hard to believe that DVC would pass up the opportunity to make money given the value those “mystery portals” 😂 can bring if they were rooms or restaurants/lounges. The big ones take up the space of 4 studios , so then multiple that by 4 big portals, and it essentially means DVC would be leaving 16 studios out of their future revenue stream. Thats a lot of money to leave on the table - just seems like an odd move to me.

I’m with you that it’s most likely a viewing area, but I keep questioning it because I’m coming back to revenue generation. I find it hard to believe that DVC would pass up the opportunity to make money given the value those “mystery portals” 😂 can bring if they were rooms or restaurants/lounges. The big ones take up the space of 4 studios , so then multiple that by 4 big portals, and it essentially means DVC would be leaving 16 studios out of their future revenue stream. Thats a lot of money to leave on the table - just seems like an odd move to me.
Couldn’t this speculative viewing area also include a bar? That would be revenue generating.

It absolutely could be a bar/lounge...but would DVC do 4+ bars/lounges overlooking the lake/fireworks? It's the number of these cutouts that I can't wrap my head around.
One for paid dessert party
One for paid Polynesian themed event
One for paid private shindig
One for paid canapés and cocktails with a view

By separating them out they can all be kept very high demand.

One for paid dessert party
One for paid Polynesian themed event
One for paid private shindig
One for paid canapés and cocktails with a view

By separating them out they can all be kept very high demand.
Interesting choice when there are rooms across the hallway and on each side. Hopefully guests won’t be too distracting or distracted.

Good point. Yeah I have no idea how they possibly can use these 4 spaces. Just know dollars will be attached 🤣
Having the cutouts in the middle floors of the building seems strange. Can’t see them wanting non-guests roaming the halls on floors 3-5.

If it was something for non-guests cash revenue, why wouldn’t they put in on the top floor like Topolinos? Get revenue from all those points for the rooms, plus get revenue for a restaurant or lounge on the top. I could see a lot of wedding couples reserving this space on the top, but the renderings don’t look like anything on the top.

Going to be interesting to see what they end up being and what Disney’s rationale might be.

Having the cutouts in the middle floors of the building seems strange. Can’t see them wanting non-guests roaming the halls on floors 3-5.

If it was something for non-guests cash revenue, why wouldn’t they put in on the top floor like Topolinos? Get revenue from all those points for the rooms, plus get revenue for a restaurant or lounge on the top. I could see a lot of wedding couples reserving this space on the top, but the renderings don’t look like anything on the top.

Going to be interesting to see what they end up being and what Disney’s rationale might be.
I wonder if these floors will be club level, and maybe some of those spaces will be dedicated to that?

Oh was I thinking along the lines of blue card privilege to pay for these experiences lol, not unlike BLT lounge today.
To me, just doesn’t make sense to allow non-guests to be roaming the middle floor hallways. Cutouts appear to be in the 3rd and 4th floors (extending up a floor). Very easy for people to walk up that many flights of stairs, so why encourage them to cutouts that are each smaller than the ToTWL?

Edit: My fear is drinking around the monorail happens if they put a non-guest lounge in those cutouts. Not a fan of someone being overly intoxicated in a hallway with children walking to/from their room.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter