Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am more curious as to when this will go on sale....wouldn't it have to be at some point by May/June if it opens at end of year?

I’ll take your word for it but I am certain it was still listed at $255 a point in June of 2021 in the add on tool.

Thread 'NEW VGF Building'
https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-vgf-building.3837922/

Yes it may have been…as I said it was pulled shortly after the announcement but the only contracts they allowed sales to go through were ones that were started around announcement time.

By the time we hit mid June…they would no longer sell them. The point is that sales stopped within a very short time after announcement.

They are taking a different approach with PVB Maybe it doesn’t mean a thing but I would say it’s a pretty good indication that base price will be the sold out price.

As I said, VDH is already $239, so starting Poly tower at $250 is a pretty reasonable assumption.

I am more curious as to when this will go on sale....wouldn't it have to be at some point by May/June if it opens at end of year?

If you use VDH asa guide, sales started May and opened in September.

So, if this is opening late 2024…assume December…then we could see sales delayed as late as August to September.

However, they will need to file paperwork for sale as well as paperwork for association before that. The documents for CFW were filed in December and sales were Feb 1st.

So, I think by May documents would need to be filed.

My (completely unfounded) theory is that DIS is waiting as long as possible to finalize all decisions (pricing, incentives, even whether or not it’s the same association) until they see how their bookings for winter and 2025 look. The more softness in room reservations, the higher motivation to sell more points faster—but they could also decide to incentivize RIV and keep Poly Tower high or perhaps they might restrict Poly 2 to help RIV sell. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Do you think they might be waiting to see what happens with the proxy vote at the shareholder meeting April 3rd?

My (completely unfounded) theory is that DIS is waiting as long as possible to finalize all decisions (pricing, incentives, even whether or not it’s the same association) until they see how their bookings for winter and 2025 look. The more softness in room reservations, the higher motivation to sell more points faster—but they could also decide to incentivize RIV and keep Poly Tower high or perhaps they might restrict Poly 2 to help RIV sell. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I agree I think they will do something to get RIV sold out.

One direct and 3 resale contracts in and the only thing I'm looking at right now is PVB on the daily. The lowest posted resale today is 139 (330pts strippped and 400pts loaded). Massive deal if everything lines up perfectly over the next couple of months.

This.

We stayed at the Grand Floridian just before Christmas the past 2 years. This year felt like a ghost town compared to last. It was shocking how many of Grand Floridian rooms seemed vacant many of the nights. Potential overdevelopment and pricing structure is a huge problem, IMHO. It's probably part of the reason we've seen a lot of hotel rooms converted to DVC over the past N years.

This.

We stayed at the Grand Floridian just before Christmas the past 2 years. This year felt like a ghost town compared to last. It was shocking how many of Grand Floridian rooms seemed vacant many of the nights. Potential overdevelopment and pricing structure is a huge problem, IMHO. It's probably part of the reason we've seen a lot of hotel rooms converted to DVC over the past N years.
We were at V&A’s on December 23rd and I would not have described it as a ghost town…but we weren’t staying there (we were at BCV) so I don’t know about room occupancy. I do know that there were plenty of deluxe resorts with at least some room categories available over peak holiday—NYE period well into mid-December when I stopped checking about modifying our plans for NYE. For the same period in 2022, almost all resorts were sold out before Thanksgiving.

The only thing I can say is that I am not sure they really care to incentivize RIV to sell any faster.

I was checking the comptroller site and there are quite of a few deeds being record for RIV. I didn’t attempt to figure out points but it seemed decent and I was looking more for CFW.

But, I do think they will price Poly tower higher than it because of all the hype that has surrounded it.

We were at V&A’s on December 23rd and I would not have described it as a ghost town…but we weren’t staying there (we were at BCV) so I don’t know about room occupancy. I do know that there were plenty of deluxe resorts with at least some room categories available over peak holiday—NYE period well into mid-December when I stopped checking about modifying our plans for NYE. For the same period in 2022, almost all resorts were sold out before Thanksgiving.
Yes, agreed, the resort common spaces were busy as usual at GF during peak business hours both years. It was after dark and early morning, looking across at the rooms in the Main building and Sugarloaf from BPK, this past holiday season that it seemed noticably much darker in the windows. The QS seemed less busy over the week we were there this past year too.

Is there a plan to relieve any of the main Poly facilities? The Poly is already the most crowded and congested hotel grounds with it being such a popular resort to stay at and just visit. Captain Cook’s is a mess in the mornings, Ohana is consistently booked 60 days out, and transportation is difficult out of the resort.

Based on the blue print leaks there will only be 1 new QSR in the Poly tower and no TSR, right? It seems like it would be an easy and lucrative solution to add more dining options at the tower. Without any additions, Poly will likely be at a dining net loss with losing the Luau.

Do we have any idea how they will alleviate transportation? I think the easiest fix will be to discontinue shared busses between GF and Poly and give them each their own bus line. But I don’t know how you fix the monorail congestion. It feels like they are already past capacity and no you’re going to add a few hundred more people. Does Disney assume that the under utilized boat lines will capture that increased population?

Is there a plan to relieve any of the main Poly facilities? The Poly is already the most crowded and congested hotel grounds with it being such a popular resort to stay at and just visit. Captain Cook’s is a mess in the mornings, Ohana is consistently booked 60 days out, and transportation is difficult out of the resort.

Based on the blue print leaks there will only be 1 new QSR in the Poly tower and no TSR, right? It seems like it would be an easy and lucrative solution to add more dining options at the tower. Without any additions, Poly will likely be at a dining net loss with losing the Luau.

Do we have any idea how they will alleviate transportation? I think the easiest fix will be to discontinue shared busses between GF and Poly and give them each their own bus line. But I don’t know how you fix the monorail congestion. It feels like they are already past capacity and no you’re going to add a few hundred more people. Does Disney assume that the under utilized boat lines will capture that increased population?
The license on that old Tangaroa Terrace Restaurant from the 80's expires soon and I noticed on the DBPR that Disney had it inspected end of last year. No reason to have the inspection done if you are not going to serve food there. Repurposing that back to a coffee shop or quick serve would draw some people away from the main building for breakfast.

They’re just going to add it to Genie+ ;)

Last edited:
The license on that old Tangaroa Terrace Restaurant from the 80's expires soon and I noticed on the DBPR that Disney had it inspected end of last year. No reason to have the inspection done if you are not going to serve food there. Repurposing that back to a coffee shop or quick serve would draw some people away from the main building for breakfast.
It was discussed over the years that Tangaroa Terrace had serious asbestos issues & would require a difficult total tear-down.
It was once a great place for a meal. We may have been breathing asbestos fumes o_O but it was worth it :laughing: :earsgirl:

Who knows what Disney will do?

But adding a few more monorails into service and splitting bus service both make a lot of sense. They may also hope that more folks will just walk to MK (the Tower is close enough to GF that I would probably take that option).

It would be great to see improved boat service, too. I LOVE the resort launches, but I get why they are underutilized: service is shared, it's infrequent, and it's a pain to get in/out for those with mobility issues, strollers, etc. Wilderness Lodge or Ft Wilderness-style ferries would be overkill, but maybe there's an intermediate option that could make it a more attractive option for guests?

It was discussed over the years that Tangaroa Terrace had serious asbestos issues & would require a difficult total tear-down.
It was once a great place for a meal. We may have been breathing asbestos fumes o_O but it was worth it :laughing: :earsgirl:
oh my gosh ... that's a hard pass on the mesothelioma souvenir. It sounds like it would need to be torn down to the studs to get that asbestos out, but the location would be great on the East side. They passed the inspection, and still have another year on the license. who knows?

Attachments

• Tangaroa terr.png
    Tangaroa terr.png
    216.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter