Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This also reduces the argument that Poly would be priced at its current direct sold out pricing.

I assume we’ll see alignment with RIV/Aulani/CFW.

If incentives are fine and considering the sizing of the final Poly resort, I expect the upward pressure on Poly resale will calm down with time.

Wasn’t the conventional wisdom here that if it was going to be same association (like BPK) that Disney would stop direct sales of PVB several months earlier? 🤔

Theyare still saying the same thing that while it was said, it was prefaced by “at this time”. When asked directly about things like home resort, restrictions, the answer is we have no further info.

But, the fact they have stopped selling, it certainly could mean we are getting close to final confirmation of how Poly tower will be sold and course moves the needle that it will involve PVB

And, since we are months away from any sales, I agree that maybe keeping base price at $250 won’t happen.

Last edited:
FYI we are at WDW this week and did some DVC open houses yesterday. The guide showing us the Grand Floridian told us that the guides were just told that the new Poly Tower WILL be part of the existing Poly Association
My guide told me this specifically in writing months ago and I posted it here only to be immediately eviscerated (as has been the usual case when anyone has presented any information that goes against the “new association” opinion or the “continued speculation for speculation sake” opinion).

I have become convinced that even when it is announced (again) that it is the same association, sales have started, bookings have commenced, and stays booked with 11 month home resort priority on original (or even RESALE— gasp!) PVB points have actually taken place there will still be people on this board VEHEMENTLY arguing it is going to be a new association due to XYZ.

(XYZ= an inability to admit they were wrong)

My guide told me this specifically in writing months ago and I posted it here only to be immediately eviscerated (as has been the usual case when anyone has presented any information that goes against the “new association” opinion or the “continued speculation for speculation sake” opinion).

I have become convinced that even when it is announced (again) that it is the same association, sales have started, bookings have commenced, and stays booked with 11 month home resort priority on original (or even RESALE— gasp!) PVB points have actually taken place there will still be people on this board VEHEMENTLY arguing it is going to be a new association due to XYZ.

(XYZ= an inability to admit they were wrong)
😂 couldn’t agree more! Iger could hold a press conference this afternoon to announce the tower will be part of the PVB association, and some people would still deny it until they see it on the comptroller site because they just don’t want it to be true.

As much as I want a single association for my current Poly points, I'm cringing to think about how much dues are likely to skyrocket with the new building. When we purchased resale a few years ago Poly was one of the lower dues resorts.

But she said “same resort” not “same association”! As though the reason that the room erupted in applause was because she confirmed that the new tower located at the Polynesian resort is, in fact, located at the Polynesian resort.

Makes sense as her CEO doesn't know the difference between an Avatar "land" and an "experience."

As much as I want a single association for my current Poly points, I'm cringing to think about how much dues are likely to skyrocket with the new building. When we purchased resale a few years ago Poly was one of the lower dues resorts.

Dues are not going to skyrocket. They have to sell the thing and it's going to take a while.

I’d say the contrary, it might help in the long run. A tower might have lower maintenance costs and it’s adding a lot of points to dilute the overall cost. Also the shared services cost won’t increase proportionally, helping to dilute costs even more.

I suspect we’re due for a LOT more details soon.

They probably were waiting to avoid stepping on the CFW launch but the timing of the cessation of points selling screams “more to come”.
Here is a timeline of events for CFW.

• 10/13/23 - timeshare license approved in Florida
  • Late 23 or maybe it was start of 24, documents about the resort showed up on the country web site. I believe these were the equivalent of the declaration, but I'm not positive.
  • 2/1/24 - sales start for existing members.
  • 2/27/24 - sales start for new members.
  • 7/1/24 - CFW officially opens.
Tomorrow will be 3/13, exactly 5 months after CFW. Gives us an idea of a possible (not guaranteed timeline).

Last edited:
Possible thought is that they need to modify the PVB documents to include the tower and would have to stop selling to make the changes.

No because they can't prevent private resales from happening. So, it doesn't matter if they continue to sell PVB themselves.

They're following the same playbook as GFV. They have this stuff down.

First, they use ROFR to build up inventory (happened in 2021-2022 with PVB). Then, they stop buying back that resort no matter what (2023). Then, they stop direct sales of the resort (early 2024). Finally, they announce the expansion and will only sell points from those units for years (Summer/Fall 2024). Once the tower points sell out, they'll return to ROFRing PVB again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter