Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is it in a different order than you are used to maybe?
Did you scroll down far enough, otherwise I cant imagine why it would be showing for us & not you.
I’ve tried everything, even went to a PC and logged in. Just not there. Oh well. If it persists I’ll call MS tomorrow. Thanks.

So I'm in Saratoga Springs today and my guide works out of the preview center. I called her earlier and she said there's a huge meeting where they were shutting down the preview center for the duration and they were pulling everyone in for this large meeting. It started at 2 and I guess there's a Q&A session going on right now from what one of the other non guides said, and she was closing her dvc stand to attend her own meeting now, so wonder if something is imminent.

I'm actually hearing rumors...

Actually, I'm not, but someone always pops on with some such nonsense, when all they really did was see something on a forum or Facebook page, but they want to feel important and suggest they have some backdoor channels direct to Burbank.
Instead of that old commercial for staying at a Holiday Inn Express we just say we are in the know as we just got off a Disney Bus :)

So I'm in Saratoga Springs today and my guide works out of the preview center. I called her earlier and she said there's a huge meeting where they were shutting down the preview center for the duration and they were pulling everyone in for this large meeting. It started at 2 and I guess there's a Q&A session going on right now from what one of the other non guides said, and she was closing her dvc stand to attend her own meeting now, so wonder if something is imminent.
Hoping we will hear something soon 🤞

So is the conventional wisdom that 4/1 is a big reveal day for something to be learned when the new incentives come out and they’re not selling PVB direct?
What's interesting is that I've been in discussions with my guide about buying direct. Up until this point, he has been keeping me very closely informed about the incentives, when they end, etc. Most recently, he made an aside comment that hinted at waiting until 4/1 and had a completely different tone with me. It was enough that it made me pause and wonder what's coming.

Someone else separately reported that their guide told her to wait until 4/1, too.

Totally anecdotal and I'm sure I'm reading way too much into this, I just found it unusual especially given some of the more recent rumors and comments above.

Watch there be an exact repeat of current incentives come 4/1 and all of this speculation is for nothing, ha!

What's interesting is that I've been in discussions with my guide about buying direct. Up until this point, he has been keeping me very closely informed about the incentives, when they end, etc. Most recently, he made an aside comment that hinted at waiting until 4/1 and had a completely different tone with me. It was enough that it made me pause and wonder what's coming.

Someone else separately reported that their guide told her to wait until 4/1, too.

Totally anecdotal and I'm sure I'm reading way too much into this, I just found it unusual especially given some of the more recent rumors and comments above.

Watch there be an exact repeat of current incentives come 4/1 and all of this speculation is for nothing, ha!
Would be funny if the price went up on the 1st. lol

Been playing with financial models for land leases with profit-sharing. Thought you might find it interesting (for speculation sake). Enjoy! 🧮✨

Goal: Calculate a fair initial lease price reflecting the present value of future sublease income, under a profit-sharing agreement.

Assumptions:
- Initial Sublease Rate: $18/year, increasing by 2% annually.
- Discount Rate: 5%, reflecting the time value of money.
- Profit Sharing: 50/50 between landowner and lessee.

Results for Lease Terms:
- 42 Years: Adjusted NPV for fair lease price: $211.21.
- 50 Years: Adjusted NPV for fair lease price: $229.59.

If a guide told you to wait until April 1st, my guess is that whatever resort you were discussing with them about buying, the incentives for it will be better in April.

It would be very unlike them to say that and the incentives were worse or the same.

So if this did happen (which I believe you because my guide has done the same to me twice) then better incentives are coming or a different product etc.

If a guide told you to wait until April 1st, my guess is that whatever resort you were discussing with them about buying, the incentives for it will be better in April.

It would be very unlike them to say that and the incentives were worse or the same.

So if this did happen (which I believe you because my guide has done the same to me twice) then better incentives are coming or a different product etc.
I sure hope! The cynic in me says not to believe anything, but that would be the kindest answer for sure. To be clear, he didn’t explicitly say “wait” but he said “the current ones expire in three weeks but you can definitely wait…” whereas before it was like “the price increase is coming, you definitely want to buy now” (previously…obviously we didn’t listen). More tone than anything else.

We are trying to decide between VDH or holding out for Poly 2.0. We have ruled out Riviera and CFW and he is aware of that. (And his comments came before they pulled Poly off the market.)

We will see!

I sure hope! The cynic in me says not to believe anything, but that would be the kindest answer for sure. To be clear, he didn’t explicitly say “wait” but he said “the current ones expire in three weeks but you can definitely wait…” whereas before it was like “the price increase is coming, you definitely want to buy now” (previously…obviously we didn’t listen). More tone than anything else.

We are trying to decide between VDH or holding out for Poly 2.0. We have ruled out Riviera and CFW and he is aware of that. (And his comments came before they pulled Poly off the market.)

We will see!
The suspense!! I know this is a POLY speculation thread, but I am somewhat more interested in VDH now that Disneyland Forward is a real plan…not $200/point interested though. 🤣

The suspense!! I know this is a POLY speculation thread, but I am somewhat more interested in VDH now that Disneyland Forward is a real plan…not $200/point interested though. 🤣
Disneyland Forward absolutely make VDH more interesting. Someone (possibly DVCnews) had an article mentioning possibly a third DVC in the Disneyland Forward plans.

https://dvcnews.com/disney-news/dis...anning-commission-approves-disneyland-forward

According to information shared online by third parties during planning meetings, there has been discussion of Disney Vacation Club and Anaheim's Transient Occupancy Tax, suggesting that Disney intends to bring another DVC destination to the west coast as part of this expansion.

I love this threadpopcorn::

No one can ever accuse this thread of being boring. I’m not sure I even want more points anymore, but I have to stick it out to see how this ends. 😆
For a long time I avoided the Purchasing forum because we're way too old to even think about buying more points anywhere. Now I realize it's the most entertaining forum on DISboards! (for me, anyway)

Poll Summary

Divided poll data into two hypothesis categories: a new association or the current one.

- New Association: 205 votes, 67.2%.
- Current Association: 100 votes, 32.8%.

Personally, still believe it will be part of original PVB. 🌴

I kind of lean towards it being the same Association.

I believe in many ways it would be a disservice to the owners of Poly already to add a new "wing" if you look at it that way and not make it part of the original.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter