Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now that it’s been announced to be same association which most seem to be happy about? Does anybody care that since it’s going to be added to the existing association, it will have a 2066 expiration instead of a 2075 expiration like it would have if it had been a new association? Everyone seems so eager to forego the extra 9 years to avoid the resale restrictions which is fair since statistically its a lot more likely someone will sell their contract before the contract expires. But with 2042 resorts having 18 years left, people are already looking at that as a downside to them. Maybe DVC is seeing we can sell these contracts with significantly less years on them and charge more if we make them not resale restricted.

Now that it’s been announced to be same association which most seem to be happy about? Does anybody care that since it’s going to be added to the existing association, it will have a 2066 expiration instead of a 2075 expiration like it would have if it had been a new association? Everyone seems so eager to forego the extra 9 years to avoid the resale restrictions which is fair since statistically its a lot more likely someone will sell their contract before the contract expires. But with 2042 resorts having 18 years left, people are already looking at that as a downside to them. Maybe DVC is seeing we can sell these contracts with significantly less years on them and charge more if we make them not resale restricted.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around it ut yeah, 9 years less for what they charge? My bank account is pretty happy though.

I wonder when they will release and update the 2025 charts..or when they might give moreinfo in rooms.

The odd part is that this only came out because of a question and not part of the presentation. And has been left out of the recap DVC posted to the member site. Seems really odd.

Were the other Q&As included in the recap?
No…nothing. Just seems this announcement was big and deserved a mention. All it said was that budget voted on and no more official business discussed so meeting adjourned.

If one didn’t read the internet, you’d never know questions even happened.

No…nothing. Just seems this announcement was big and deserved a mention. All it said was that budget voted on and no more official business discussed so meeting adjourned.

If one didn’t read the internet, you’d never know questions even happened.
Isn’t the budget vote considered the end of the DVC boards official business? Perhaps that ends their meeting requirements for posting details?

I’m still trying to wrap my head around it ut yeah, 9 years less for what they charge? My bank account is pretty happy though.

I wonder when they will release and update the 2025 charts..or when they might give moreinfo in rooms.

The odd part is that this only came out because of a question and not part of the presentation. And has been left out of the recap DVC posted to the member site. Seems really odd.
I just think it’s funny people are so quick to not want those 9 years. It obviously helps for resale only owners who want to book there but for prospective owners, assuming around 200 dollars per point on new 50 year contracts is around 4 dollars per point per year not including maintenance fees. 200/41 brings the buy in cost closer to 5 dollars per point so roughly a 25 percent increase in buy in price per point per year and people are celebrating like they didn’t give up anything. The major win is for people who already own there and got the full value out of their points and now have 11 month access to both the studios/tower obviously but for brand new Poly owners it’s debatable.

Last edited:
Maybe, but I guess I am surprised they aren’t making some level of official statement.

It would definitely be nice.

I wonder if they need to leave some wiggle room knowing laws could be changed before they start sales and paperwork in all states/countries.

Maybe, but I guess I am surprised they aren’t making some level of official statement.
I also read from someone who was at the meeting that their answer was less than obvious that Poly Tower is part of the same condo association.

Apparently the answer they gave was noting it will be part of the Polynesian Resort. Which, is what’s already been stated in all marketing and literature.

Until I hear Disney issue a statement, I’m skeptical.

My hot take.

I think some parties who sell resale may have a financial interest in sharing unverified news as official.

I also read from someone who was at the meeting that their answer was less than obvious that Poly Tower is part of the same condo association.

Apparently the answer they gave was noting it will be part of the Polynesian Resort. Which, is what’s already been stated in all marketing and literature.

Until I hear Disney issue a statement, I’m skeptical.

My hot take.

I think some parties who sell resale may have a financial interest in sharing unverified news as official.
Well I’ve emailed my guide and MS to get confirmation that the answer was indeed confirming it.

I agree the answer was weird…because it could have been very direct. While I think it could leave doubt, I’m resigned to believe they will be adding it to PVB.

Now, if we hear nothing from DVD in the next few days about it, knowing all these sites are reporting it as they are, it further confirms that is what DVD meant.

I just think it’s funny people are so quick to not want those 9 years
The total present value of those 9 years is like $2-$5, depending on your discount rate. And that assumes you’ll be alive AND healthy enough to travel to a demanding vacation destination, which even for a 35 year old is only like 50-50 by 2064.

I dunno.

The total present value of those 9 years is like $2-$5, depending on your discount rate. And that assumes you’ll be alive AND healthy enough to travel to a demanding vacation destination, which even for a 35 year old is only like 50-50 by 2064.

I dunno.

Yeah.. I'm 38 and will be 80 when PVB expires. I just got my first PVB resale but plan on adding direct. If I'm 80 and still planning trips, I'll be happy.

I dunno.
Hopefully, true obviously nothing is a given but it does effect resale value regardless having more time on it otherwise we wouldn’t be talking about a 2042 bubble 18 years out from expiration.

Edited to add: and then further down from myself but if my kids and etc. did use it those 9 extra years could make a difference in terms of passing it down, so probably less of a direct effect on myself but for whoever receives it next

Anyways this was posted in a DVC FB group. I feel like everyone is like no takesie backsies but they literally prefaced with “The plan for now”. I don’t know, my bank account would be happier if its same association which it seems like 99.9% now
IMG_4881.jpeg

Last edited:
Now that many are speculating that the new tower will be part of the same association, I wonder what will happen to the current PVB resale pricing if the new tower is NOT part of the same association?

I wasn't part of the meeting, but my understanding is that what was said leaves room for interpretation - and until we hear something official or in writing I don't believe it.

If I were in the market to buy Poly I definitely wouldn't buy yet, too much uncertainty that could impact pricing.

I dunno.
I agree with all of this, but also: currently BCV resale is going for the same or more than RIV (as is VGF)—and BCV expiration is like 30 years sooner. I would imagine that for at least the next decade, and likely the next 25 years, PVB having x years without draconian resale restrictions will be worth more than hypothetical PVB’s x + 9 years with draconian resale restrictions—sometime around 2050 I suspect it will change, or maybe as early as 2042 when resale PVB doesn’t get you anywhere near EPCOT. Of course, this analysis could get blown up if they build additional towers around Crescent Lake or if Riviera drops its restrictions.

Keeping just VDH (and RIV?) restricted might still be enough to drive incremental direct sales—given that VGC is nearly impossible to book within 7mo, so if you want to use in CA, it may be worth it? If they opened up one or two other unique locations for direct only, that would likely discourage me from adding resale points…but for now, I already have 350 direct points and unless it gets me access to Castaway Cay Villas (a girl can dream…) it’s hard to imagine why I need anymore direct points. For now, I’ll be keeping an eye on PVB, CCV, BWV, and BCV resale….and maybe Aulani.

Grand Flo expires sooner than Poly and people still bought it. People will buy the monorail resorts without flinching. It could be a 2042 and still sellout before Riviera.
Yes, and like I have been saying all along this is a huge benefit to their best poly customers - the people who have already bought and own there.

I'm waiting for an official announcement but hoping it's true and looking forward to adding on and getting direct points along with my resale ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter