Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is 2 floors up. Not that much better but at least you can see MK (barely). It makes sense to me DVC decided not to call them TPV and just went with Lake View instead. Owners are a bit more familiar about bookings and likely a bit more vocal when things are off, like how TPV rooms were removed from BLT.

View attachment 817551
Fireworks view would probably be the best sell.

Yep. I suspect most guests don’t care a huge amount about being able to get a glimpse of the castle spire or Space Mountain from their room if they squint hard enough, but many would LOVE to be guaranteed a good view of the fireworks.
I agree and it’s made me wonder why they still choose to call TPV. There’s dozen of these rooms designated with a highly questionable view of the theme park, but would do fine for watching fireworks.

So why don’t they call it Fireworks View? I’m guessing it’s harder to field complaints when the fireworks are cancelled or not scheduled. Maybe people become real sticklers about the room category when anything prevents their ability to see FWs. Could go further than FW cancelled/absent, maybe enough people have felt the room upcharge is unfair if anything went wrong during their WDW day that prevented their FW view and is due compensation.

TPV avoids that problem because guests have all day to look in that direction. If the bus was not reliable and dinner went 2 hrs over schedule… they still had all day to see the tip of Space Mtn, the castle and now TRON. I think this is why they stick TPV even though what they really are selling is a room that can see fireworks.

I agree and it’s made me wonder why they still choose to call TPV. There’s dozen of these rooms designated with a highly questionable view of the theme park, but would do fine for watching fireworks.

So why don’t they call it Fireworks View? I’m guessing it’s harder to field complaints when the fireworks are cancelled or not scheduled. Maybe people become real sticklers about the room category when anything prevents their ability to see FWs. Could go further than FW cancelled/absent, maybe enough people have felt the room upcharge is unfair if anything went wrong during their WDW day that prevented their FW view and is due compensation.

TPV avoids that problem because guests have all day to look in that direction. If the bus was not reliable and dinner went 2 hrs over schedule… they still had all day to see the tip of Space Mtn, the castle and now TRON. I think this is why they stick TPV even though what they really are selling is a room that can see fireworks.
Yes, it makes sense. Then, there is really not much difference between the new tower room and existing rooms, call them Lake view like DVC or TPV like the cash side, they're just a FW view. So points for the new tower should be the same as the existing DVC LV
Of course the lake view from the first floor is a scam really, but I don't think they're going to admit it and make the new rooms cost more because you're guaranteed a "not sh*t view" of the lake.

Fireworks view would probably be the best sell.
Disney will ultimately have a very, very special paid extra called Fireworks Lighter Person*. You get to pay for the privilege to light the fireworks and see them right above you. Disney gets to fire the fireworks person (he/she/them/computer was getting pretty expensive anyways) and they get revenue from you for that night. It's a win-win for Disney, the buyer gets a neat moment in time, and the special guest is not stuck paying TPV for the resort that night. Well, never mind. TPV room will still be necessary as the Fireworks Lighter Person* role is for only one person, and you will want the rest of your party to see your amazing skill with a match. Good luck trying to book FLP for each night of your stay, as demand will be explosive...

*Name of role TBD, probably to something even worse.

And if you blow up your hand, your toasty finger-pieces are now a souvenir. However, you will likely be booed pretty heavily by the crowd that waited a long time only to watch you lose your hand.

Last edited:

I mean.. they basically do that on Disney cruise line with the simulated ocean view TV, they could just put up a giant screen instead of the balcony and have it show a live stream of the fireworks 😂.
Yes, they could. But they haven’t put Disney+ in the rooms and that seems like even less work and a great way to advertise the service. Plus, by live streaming / playing a recording of the fireworks in the room, it might just lead to fewer people in the parks and fewer people hiding in the Emporium after they’re over. The fireworks don’t pay for themselves…

And yes, I prefer the simulated ocean view instead of what’s actually outside the ship 😂

Attachments

• IMG_2258.jpeg
    IMG_2258.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 3
Yes, they could. But they haven’t put Disney+ in the rooms and that seems like even less work and a great way to advertise the service. Plus, by live streaming / playing a recording of the fireworks in the room, it might just lead to fewer people in the parks and fewer people hiding in the Emporium after they’re over. The fireworks don’t pay for themselves…

And yes, I prefer the simulated ocean view instead of what’s actually outside the ship 😂
Based on my last visit, in between Christmas Party days, they have enough people in the parks to watch the fireworks and fill up the Emporium afterwards. They could stand to have fewer 😅

I don’t think a thousand hotel rooms would make a dent.

I’m not a skilled Disboarder, but I’ll jump in. I do not and cannot believe that the representing body of DVC would intentionally play a game of Guess the Double Entendre with the audience. This is especially true after the question was very specifically asking about the association and they said it would be “the same” to that exact question. If they didn’t know, weren’t able to say, or the answer was no, they would have (and should have) said so. Especially after the entire room applauded and cheered as a result of hearing it would be the same. They know the audience has a firm grasp of the obvious that the Poly tower sits on the property of the Polynesian resort. They weren’t giving us that info. Giving information that the audience clearly took to mean one thing and meaning the opposite without clarification would be one of the worst things they have ever done to their membership base. And while they are capable of mistakes, I don’t think they made this one.

We are not jumping the gun, I promise. We have analyzed DVC for a long time now. We may not always be right, but we are sure on this one that this was a confirmation they are currently planning for it to be the same association and they won’t go back on this. Especially, after how it was received by the room.
Thx, Amy...But is there anything you can update since the concept of the new TRUST has created lots more questions?

Only issue is, what if you get a 1st floor room? Does that make lake view less appealing? Or would you still prefer?
1st floor near the TTC isn’t bad for view because it is beyond the bungalows. However, that is close to the ferries and their horn.

That being said, we typically book standard view for the exact reason you mention. One time in a first floor bungalow view for the extra points was enough.

1st floor near the TTC isn’t bad for view because it is beyond the bungalows. However, that is close to the ferries and their horn.

That being said, we typically book standard view for the exact reason you mention. One time in a first floor bungalow view for the extra points was enough.
Thanks. What time do the ferries start running and blaring horns?

If you throw a fit at the front desk they might make it better. Just kidding. CMs are way too awesome to do that to them. I just start kind and stay kind when bringing something up. Things tend to go okay then. And if there’s a problem, sandwich method. People deserve better.

In August, we requested third floor and then second floor. Got second. My parents did nothing and got third floor. 🤷‍♂️ We were still amazed with our room.

I guess the benefit of first floor Moorea LV is you are further down the beach from the crowds of people that aren’t staying there.
Did your parents have same room as you (queens vs king)? If so, so strange they don't grant requests when they can

Did your parents have same room as you (queens vs king)? If so, so strange they don't grant requests when they can
The DVC studios at Poly are all the same - a queen bed, a queen Murphy, and a bunk size Murphy. No king beds. Some requests are filled, some not - maybe there was one third floor studio and one second floor, and their parents got the 3rd floor!

Could they lower the points from the ground floor rooms there and raise them for the 2nd and 3rd floors?

The DVC studios at Poly are all the same - a queen bed, a queen Murphy, and a bunk size Murphy. No king beds. Some requests are filled, some not - maybe there was one third floor studio and one second floor, and their parents got the 3rd floor!
I was just coming back to comment. Brain freeze sorry !

Could they lower the points from the ground floor rooms there and raise them for the 2nd and 3rd floors?
Could they? Maybe. Will they? Doubtful - it would take a lot of effort to rebalance the charts, and very few rooms would be affected. They could do as was done at BWV, where they split the Preferred booking category into BW view and P/G view but left the points costs the same, but that wouldn’t help much of anything. IOW, the juice wouldn’t be worth the squeeze.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter