Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now that it seems more likely than ever that Poly 2 is same association with same rules my mind is drifting to the 7 month game. I really wonder if there will be any availability at all at 7 months for non PVB points. And if rooms do open up how long after opening will they be available for reservations.
I think that anyone who buys Poly 2 points will want to stay in the new shiny tower, and poly 1 owners (assuming same association) will also want to use points at the tower to try out the new rooms and/or upgrade to bigger accommodations. As such, I would imagine that 7 month availability in the longhouse studios will be fairly good. Not so much at the tower.

I think that anyone who buys Poly 2 points will want to stay in the new shiny tower, and poly 1 owners (assuming same association) will also want to use points at the tower to try out the new rooms and/or upgrade to bigger accommodations. As such, I would imagine that 7 month availability in the longhouse studios will be fairly good. Not so much at the tower.
Yeah I was definitely speaking of the tower specifically. And even more specific to my own needs of a studio which will be even harder I'm sure. I didn't think about the possibility that it loosens up the longhouses even more. I've had very good success at the 7 month mark with them already. But again that shiny tower...lol. I'm keeping my eye on the construction updates and I'm already seeing the beauty coming through the concrete and scaffolding. I love the longhouses and the vibe of PVB but I can see this being a very pretty building when all is said and done. Hopefully they don't screw up the interior or the exterior landscaping. I wish it was just one story shorter. I think that would've made a big difference. But too late now.

You’re probably right but the point charts will be the wild card on what truly happens.

Off topic but I assume we're expecting DVC owners who are staying at the longhouses to be able to use the pool at the tower, but cash guests staying at the longhouses will be unable to use the pool at the tower?

I wonder how long it'll take for booking habits to normalize because I imagine there's a lot of pent up demand for 1/2/3BR accommodations among PVB owners.

Now that it seems more likely than ever that Poly 2 is same association with same rules my mind is drifting to the 7 month game. I really wonder if there will be any availability at all at 7 months for non PVB points. And if rooms do open up how long after opening will they be available for reservations. Will it be similar to BCV where you have to be very lucky. Or will it be like AKV club level where it's nearly impossible except for a random waitlist lotto ticket.
Exactly my thoughts too. I am on the fence about where to buy direct (I spend time at both WDW and DL) and for me, so much will hinge on the 7 month availability guess.

Off topic but I assume we're expecting DVC owners who are staying at the longhouses to be able to use the pool at the tower, but cash guests staying at the longhouses will be unable to use the pool at the tower?

I wonder how long it'll take for booking habits to normalize because I imagine there's a lot of pent up demand for 1/2/3BR accommodations among PVB owners.
I just assumed everyone would be able to use all the pools, like they do at Disneyland. I guess they could do the BLT approach instead?

With the tower pool being between the tower and the hotel longhouse (sorry I forget the name), it would be odd for them to ban cash guests on the hotel side.

See the pool from your window, sorry you can’t use it?

With the tower pool being between the tower and the hotel longhouse (sorry I forget the name), it would be odd for them to ban cash guests on the hotel side.

See the pool from your window, sorry you can’t use it?
Tuvalu, Fiji, and Aotearoa overlook the mud pit/pool :rotfl2:

Going off sheer volume of guests and crowding I would HOPE all pools can be used by all guests (DVC and cash).

Separate from pools... IDK if people follow Tikiman, but he reported something is happening with the Tangaroa Terrace... IDK if Poly will be getting more TS/QS/Lounge/DINNERSHOW?!?, but that's a prime spot for the original DVC longhouses. Seems like a tear down.

Now that it seems more likely than ever that Poly 2 is same association with same rules my mind is drifting to the 7 month game. I really wonder if there will be any availability at all at 7 months for non PVB points. And if rooms do open up how long after opening will they be available for reservations. Will it be similar to BCV where you have to be very lucky. Or will it be like AKV club level where it's nearly impossible except for a random waitlist lotto ticket.
I think studio rooms will be near impossible for longer stays if the new point chart is anything close to what I’m expecting. A lot of people are going to budget for standard view studio, 1bed, and 2Bed only to realize they are gone before 9mo, and then they will either bank/borrow or they will fill the Poly longhouses. I think it will be like getting studios at BCV and BWV now—not impossible for a couple nights here and there, but you need to be lucky to stay for long inside 7 months.

Going out on a limb here but I think even the bungalows will be less easy to book than they are now (though I would expect them to still have good availability at 7m).

I think studio rooms will be near impossible for longer stays if the new point chart is anything close to what I’m expecting. A lot of people are going to budget for standard view studio, 1bed, and 2Bed only to realize they are gone before 9mo, and then they will either bank/borrow or they will fill the Poly longhouses. I think it will be like getting studios at BCV and BWV now—not impossible for a couple nights here and there, but you need to be lucky to stay for long inside 7 months.

Going out on a limb here but I think even the bungalows will be less easy to book than they are now (though I would expect them to still have good availability at 7m).
For sure if I had to place a wager I'd say near impossible for more than 2-3 consecutive nights in a Poly tower studio using non PVB points. And that's probably non crowded times as well. Personally we like split stays so wouldn't mind just having any time in the new building. Best case split stay would be Poly tower then switch to longhouses. Best of both worlds.

For sure if I had to place a wager I'd say near impossible for more than 2-3 consecutive nights in a Poly tower studio using non PVB points. And that's probably non crowded times as well. Personally we like split stays so wouldn't mind just having any time in the new building. Best case split stay would be Poly tower then switch to longhouses. Best of both worlds.
I might try it for a night for the views of fireworks and sunset over MK, but in the oddball with zero interest in staying there on days I am actually going to the parks. It’s a real schlep to the GCH and even less convenient to the TTC. I think it’s better for the boat dock though.

Separate from pools... IDK if people follow Tikiman, but he reported something is happening with the Tangaroa Terrace... IDK if Poly will be getting more TS/QS/Lounge/DINNERSHOW?!?, but that's a prime spot for the original DVC longhouses. Seems like a tear down.
Is that the current CM building?

Just to be clear…we do not have official confirmation rules are the same..and while I definitely think it will be, there is still a nagging feeling in the back of my mind they might do something we are not expecting.

But, to answer to your question, it really depends on what the room count is and the point chart. I definitely do not see it anywhere near the AKV club level once sold out,

Now, if all PVB points end up being valid there for 11 months, and they don’t declare a lot of rooms to start…use sales as the guide…then I think we will see difficulty as non resort owners for those larger rooms to start.

Just to be clear…we do not have official confirmation rules are the same..and while I definitely think it will be, there is still a nagging feeling in the back of my mind they might do something we are not expecting.

But, to answer to your question, it really depends on what the room count is and the point chart. I definitely do not see it anywhere near the AKV club level once sold out,

Now, if all PVB points end up being valid there for 11 months, and they don’t declare a lot of rooms to start…use sales as the guide…then I think we will see difficulty as non resort owners for those larger rooms to start.

Since it appears to be going into PVB, the current POS gives all resort guests access to the pools since they belong to the resort, and not DVC owners. Basically, the hotel has given owners the privilege as long as they share in the costs.

If the new pool is added as a common element for the association, then it should follow the same rules as WL…where the hotel pool and BRV pool have a reciprocal agreement that each gets to use the others.

I expect all pools at the complex to be open to all guests, whether DVC or cash. They will not be limiting any access to any pool.

Would it be correct to assume that Poly being available to the original resort resale owners and the 1 bedroom having 2 bathrooms it might make BLT 1 bedrooms even easier to book?

Would it be correct to assume that Poly being available to the original resort resale owners and the 1 bedroom having 2 bathrooms it might make BLT 1 bedrooms even easier to book?
It’s possible it could ease availability at BLT, but still too hard to tell. Assuming the point chart is on par or slightly below VGF, then I think Poly tower is going to be a VERY difficult resort to book for the first few years as everyone tries to get their first taste. Demand could ease over time, but who knows. I wouldn’t be shocked to see all availability gone at Poly tower by 11am of the 7 month mark for the first year it’s open.

Since it appears to be going into PVB, the current POS gives all resort guests access to the pools since they belong to the resort, and not DVC owners. Basically, the hotel has given owners the privilege as long as they share in the costs.

If the new pool is added as a common element for the association, then it should follow the same rules as WL…where the hotel pool and BRV pool have a reciprocal agreement that each gets to use the others.

I expect all pools at the complex to be open to all guests, whether DVC or cash. They will not be limiting any access to any pool.
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I’d love to see them wristband both Poly feature pools like they do at storm along bay. The overcrowding is going to become unbearable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter