• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are there any actual reports of guest not being able to order CS from the monorail resorts when the warning pops up that they cant?

I tried to order from the Contempo Cafe when we were there in February or March...can't remember which trip, and we were not allowed to, so yes.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of their deluxe rooms go unfilled and most people probably aren't going to try and game the system like me and try to get 2 days of express pass for one night LOL and will likely stay at Universal for the duration of their 4 night to week long stays which means less time spent at Disney, more food and merch bought at Uni and etc. But alas, the Disney parks have too much of a hold on us and my partner is not the biggest fan of Universal so I've resorted to spending my days talking about a Disney timeshare on here :P. Something else to consider though is the highest Universal pass also comes with free express pass after 4PM. I can't wait to buy that thing once I'm a Florida resident and get the discounted pricing lol.
Heh I'm in the same boat. DW likes Universal, but every 3 or 4 years is plenty for her. She'd spend 6 months a year at WDW if she could 🤣

The Universal Express Perk is such a game changer. Completely transforms the theme park experience. I would gladly pay double the ticket price to have it at WDW. We have had trips where the AP discount was so good on the hotels, it made sense for us to buy one AP just for 4 park days. The total for Tickets + Deluxe resort room including express pass was only like 30% more than we would have paid at Disney for JUST the park hopper tickets. Crazy. 😲

@maui22 That's what makes the deal so good is that it's extended to every single guest staying in one of their deluxe properties no matter what they paid. Universal Express pass can be up to 300 dollars per person so when the hotel room costs 8-900 a night and you have 4 people in there, it's a steal. I am yet to pay for Genie+ or an ILL despite going to Disney a LOT over the past few years but the Universal Express Pass is actually worth it IMO. You also get the express pass on day of check in and check out so you could easily spend 800 dollars on a night at Universal and then get 1600 (200*4 people*2 days) dollars worth of express pass and have your room included in that. Then afterwards just hop over to Disney on your DVC points :P. I'm not as big of a fan of Universal parks but they definitely value their guests more.
We live local and just let our top tier Universal passes expire. They absolutely value their guests more, that pass comes with premium parking, a HHN ticket, after 4pm express, and no block out dates. However, in our experience, the universal parks themselves fall short in two areas. There is not enough for small children to do scattered around the park. For example, while people are on mummy there is nothing of interest close by for little kids. I’m hoping epic universe changes that. Also, it is by nature, very thrill ride heavy. I can go on one or two coasters and that’s it, the nausea sets in. There just isn’t much else there. We’re taking this year off from universal, and we added SeaWorld passes which the little kids love. Once epic universe opens, we’ll take another look at the annual pass situation, and choose two to keep.

@maui22 That's what makes the deal so good is that it's extended to every single guest staying in one of their deluxe properties no matter what they paid. Universal Express pass can be up to 300 dollars per person so when the hotel room costs 8-900 a night and you have 4 people in there, it's a steal. I am yet to pay for Genie+ or an ILL despite going to Disney a LOT over the past few years but the Universal Express Pass is actually worth it IMO. You also get the express pass on day of check in and check out so you could easily spend 800 dollars on a night at Universal and then get 1600 (200*4 people*2 days) dollars worth of express pass and have your room included in that. Then afterwards just hop over to Disney on your DVC points :P. I'm not as big of a fan of Universal parks but they definitely value their guests more.
It will be interesting to see if that dynamic holds. Shareholders seem to point out that companies could change policies since their competitors are able to get away with charging for this or that.

We live local and just let our top tier Universal passes expire. They absolutely value their guests more, that pass comes with premium parking, a HHN ticket, after 4pm express, and no block out dates. However, in our experience, the universal parks themselves fall short in two areas. There is not enough for small children to do scattered around the park. For example, while people are on mummy there is nothing of interest close by for little kids. I’m hoping epic universe changes that. Also, it is by nature, very thrill ride heavy. I can go on one or two coasters and that’s it, the nausea sets in. There just isn’t much else there. We’re taking this year off from universal, and we added SeaWorld passes which the little kids love. Once epic universe opens, we’ll take another look at the annual pass situation, and choose two to keep.
Completely agree on all counts. The guests are treated better but the parks are lacking in more family friendly rides that focus more on story and theming than thrills. Disney has a much better balance of rides that ensures everyone is able to enjoy the parks. Just as an example, MIB Alien Attack while being one of the more family friendly rides in the park and better themed ones has that part at the end where it just spins and spins. Like why? It's just pointless spinning and doesn't really enhance the ride and makes the ride less enjoyable for a significant amount people who are now nauseous. Disney understands the value in rides that are simply relaxing with good theming that everyone can enjoy like peoplemover, Jungle Cruise, Small World, Living With the Land, Soarin', the list goes on and on and these options are desperately needed at Universal but I look forward to what Epic Universe brings.

Those Poly Tower bigwigs better start coughing up some details soon or this #1840+threaded saga will turn into one big ad for Universal!

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of their deluxe rooms go unfilled and most people probably aren't going to try and game the system like me and try to get 2 days of express pass for one night LOL
I don’t know - I learned about that hack on the DISboards UOR forum. Twice now we’ve booked a room at a UOR deluxe and not even slept there, because it was cheaper for four or five adults than paying for 2 days of Express Pass, not to mention 2 days of parking. And two days at the UOR parks was enough for us - I’m looking forward to checking out the new one.

Another Poly ROFR!

220 Point Contract - March UY - $143 per point
The contract was stripped to March 2025
What's the strategy here?? The price is too low so they're trying to pull it up before they flood the market with direct Poly points (assuming same association, or even same use association.) Or - it's going to take them longer than they thought to bring Poly2 online and they have too few points on-hand to sell to people who want in Poly now??

What's the strategy here?? The price is too low so they're trying to pull it up before they flood the market with direct Poly points (assuming same association, or even same use association.) Or - it's going to take them longer than they thought to bring Poly2 online and they have too few points on-hand to sell to people who want in Poly now??
Neither. Getting more Poly points to sell. Expecting them to sell hot and fast when they go on sale.

I think it’s to pull the price up so that the difference between resale and direct is closer.

The one big difference that direct has, at least IMO, is the restrictions but this will be the second project that they did without them.

So, I think in order for people to not gamble with resale is to have the price worth it.

I think it’s to pull the price up so that the difference between resale and direct is closer.

The one big difference that direct has, at least IMO, is the restrictions but this will be the second project that they did without them.

So, I think in order for people to not gamble with resale is to have the price worth it.
I’m inclined to agree with @Sandisw (but if we are correct it would mean PolyTower is going on sale soon—it would be odd to try to prop up prices 90+ days before it can be sold because it means you need to buy back more contracts for longer, right?), so I think there’s a slight chance that they are in fact seeing demand for direct sales from people who don’t want to wait—makes sense to take bigger contracts in that scenario, because (unlike us) Disney can slice them into smaller direct contracts.

I suppose option 3 is that they are supporting price and they won’t sell before Q3, BUT they eventually hope to get resale up over $160/170 and are just trying to stabilize in the $140s until they get closer. 🤔

I’m inclined to agree with @Sandisw (but if we are correct it would mean PolyTower is going on sale soon—it would be odd to try to prop up prices 90+ days before it can be sold because it means you need to buy back more contracts for longer, right?), so I think there’s a slight chance that they are in fact seeing demand for direct sales from people who don’t want to wait—makes sense to take bigger contracts in that scenario, because (unlike us) Disney can slice them into smaller direct contracts.

I suppose option 3 is that they are supporting price and they won’t sell before Q3, BUT they eventually hope to get resale up over $160/170 and are just trying to stabilize in the $140s until they get closer. 🤔

But, they have stopped all direct sales. And the newest one that was taken is stripped until 2025, so that particular set of ownership can’t be sold until we hit the first 2025 UY, which is 10 months away.

I think we won’t see sales start until July or August and I think the initial incentive could follow the CFW strategy which didnt start out great, especially if there is concern the project won’t be ready for opening on time by years ends.

But, they have stopped all direct sales. And the newest one that was taken is stripped until 2025, so that particular set of ownership can’t be sold until we hit the first 2025 UY, which is 10 months away.

I think we won’t see sales start until July or August and I think the initial incentive could follow the CFW strategy which didnt start out great, especially if there is concern the project won’t be ready for opening on time by years ends.
I haven’t been paying attention, what’s the lowest price that is making it through ROFR?

I haven’t been paying attention, what’s the lowest price that is making it through ROFR?
There appear to be ones still getting through in the $130s to $140s, but some taken in those levels.

I don’t enough have been taken yet to get a new “floor”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter