Let's start at the beginning...

alyak

Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone! My husband and I are planning a trip to Disney, December 2017! I'm new to this site as well as, new to forums in general but I'm excited to learn about all the fuss.

A little about us: My husband, 28 and myself, 27 got married October 2016.

We have been together for 6 years. I was never a disney fanatic, I think I went once as a child (you can "boo") until I met my husband (you can "cheer") and I thought he was CRAZY for liking Disney as much as he did. His parents took him to Disney throughout his childhood so he was excited to bring me in on the fun and incorporate his childhood traditions into our life as a couple. I agreed to take my first trip with him in December 2013.

He planned the WHOLE trip, although I knew we were going, I was oblivious to where we would stay or do during our trip and I was more than happy to let him plan the trip. You know that whole couple's thing, "Where do you want to eat" - he said, "I don't care" - she said, "How about such-and-such?" - he said, "No I don't want that" - she said, several minutes past "Where do you want to eat?" - she said, yes you get the picture. Therefore, I just left him to it.

The man HIMSELF:

Our trip to Disney that year was the BEST trip I had ever been on! I loved the feeling of being out of "reality" and on vacation in the Disney bubble. My husband surprised me with staying at The Grand Floridian (I thought we were staying at the Wilderness Lodge) and vacationing for 8 nights instead of 4! You could imagine how surprised I was and we hadn't even made it to the room before he revealed this to me.

The first night of our vacation, we ate at Victoria and Alberts (I knew this detail). This restuarant was BEAUTIFUL. Each part of the meal (there were 8) came on a covered plate. By the time dessert was offered, I was soo full but couldn't resist. We ordered dessert and as every other meal came, the server brought my dessert on a covered plate and sat it right in front of me. As I was wondering where my husband's (boyfriend at the time) dessert was (they brought each meal out together and lifted the lids simultaneously), the server lifted the cover of my dessert and this is what I see:

You can imagine what happened next.

...and we were officially getting married!

This caricature was created by Erin, an outstanding artist who was located on Main Street at Magic Kingdom.

While there are plenty of “firsts” we experienced as an engaged couple at Disney in 2013. My husband is planning (remember he does all the planning) what will be our 4th Disney trip together in December 2017! We didn’t take a honeymoon following our wedding last year due to having new careers (we had recently graduated nursing school) and in the midst of buying our first home therefore, we decided to make this trip BIG and excited to see all the new additions to the parks/resorts since our last trip in December 2015 (yes, we always go during the holidays because it is the BEST time to go).

P.S. Please excuse the picture sizes and the "non-prettiness" of my first post EVER on a forum. I will get better, I promise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter