Let's talk about Jamaica excursions!

thanks for sharing your reviews...any others?

we have three kids who will be ages 14, 11 and 5 at the time, problem is with the 5 year old. we'd like to do dunn's river as we went there on our honeymoon...has anyone done this with young ones.

Thanks for the culinary tour link! I just booked it for hubby and I for our Falmouth port, great reviews sold me on it, it'll be nice to try some real Jamaican cuisine and learn about the culture

I'm new here and haven't read all 9 pages but am currently researching Royalton White Sands an all inclusive resort 5.5km or 3 miles from the Falmouth Cruise port. Has anyone done a day pass there? It is $100 per adult and $50 per child but includes all food, drinks, alchohol, non motorized water sports, chairs, umbrellas and it had a water park. Passes are sold directly through the resort and you would need to set up a private transfer or cab. The advantage over DCL'S day pass at Jewel is you miss 2 extra hours of transfer time going all the way to Jewel. Thoughts? Hopefully someone here will try it before we sail on the Fantasy in June 2016.

Also the Beaches family all inclusive listed on the last page is closed for renovations and being turned into another resort. Chukka beach is not open either. I understand RCI runs a place called red stripe beach, a day beach close to the Falmouth port and passes along with transfers can be purchased at the Falmouth port.

This
I'm new here and haven't read all 9 pages but am currently researching Royalton White Sands an all inclusive resort 5.5km or 3 miles from the Falmouth Cruise port. Has anyone done a day pass there? It is $100 per adult and $50 per child but includes all food, drinks, alchohol, non motorized water sports, chairs, umbrellas and it had a water park. Passes are sold directly through the resort and you would need to set up a private transfer or cab. The advantage over DCL'S day pass at Jewel is you miss 2 extra hours of transfer time going all the way to Jewel. Thoughts? Hopefully someone here will try it before we sail on the Fantasy in June 2016.

Sounds great! Looking for a nice day long beach break but don't want to spend 2 hours on a bus , thanks for posting . Sailing in 40 days and will post review if we book this

do you have a link youcan share for this? the only royalton white sands I can find is in montego bay which is way farther than 3 miles. it sounds good and i'd like to take a look. do they offer day rooms?
tia.

Looked it up and it appears that OP is right, very close to Falmouth, they prob used the montego bay name because it's more recognizable in terms of airport for those spending the week

Yes I have researched this. Only called montego bay white sands. It is actually in trewlany parish (sp) which is the same as Falmouth. I've actually seen pictures from white sands were you can see the big RCI ships coming and going from the beach there.

Yes I have researched this. Only called montego bay white sands. It is actually in trewlany parish (sp) which is the same as Falmouth. I've actually seen pictures from white sands were you can see the big RCI ships coming and going from the beach there.
do you have to call the resort to get the day passes? this sounds very interesting.

Yes you call them directly. I've seen it resold at a higher price on other resort for a day sites but the price I quoted is directly through white sands. My only loose end is how much is a cab or private transfer that short of a distance. Literally Google maps says 5.5 km.

Yes you call them directly. I've seen it resold at a higher price on other resort for a day sites but the price I quoted is directly through white sands. My only loose end is how much is a cab or private transfer that short of a distance. Literally Google maps says 5.5 km.
if you find that out would you please share.
thank you so much for this information.

I signed us up for the Jewel Runaway Beach port adventure in November. Just noticed that the Green Grotto Caves seem to be very close by (see map). How feasible would it be to take a taxi there for an hour or so early in the day, just to make the most of the opportunity? It looks like we'll have at least 4 hours at the resort...

jewel.png

We just returned from Jamaica and can't say enough WONDERFUL things about Chukka tubing tour in Falmouth Jamaica. If you have any questions let us know. We are a family of 4 and had an outstanding time. The Martha Brae river is so beautiful and the guides are funny, nice and accommodating. The transportation to and from the port was wonderful. The BEST port excursion we have ever done and just LOVED it!!!! Highlight of our trip for sure!
Lesley

Lesley.... Question about this tour. We did this on our own but went with the "White River" because it seemed in pictures to be crystal clear (and it was). Can you please describe the tubes you were in? I've seen pics that they look like little boat tubes? Can you get out and swim? Was the water okay? Any info would be helpful in the decision to book this WITH Disney. Thanks, Mindy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter