• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

let's talk food

Are Pomme Frites really that much better than standard garlic cheese fries? I wanted to try them on my last trip but just didn't make it, so much food only so much time. And honestly FOOD is not my priority most of the time at Disneyland. I hear/see all these yummy sounding snacks but never try any because like I said only so much time and I just can't eat that much without getting sick.

Keep up the recommendations everyone. I don't know anything about the dining options at DLR. Any good buffets?

Are Pomme Frites really that much better than standard garlic cheese fries? I wanted to try them on my last trip but just didn't make it, so much food only so much time. And honestly FOOD is not my priority most of the time at Disneyland. I hear/see all these yummy sounding snacks but never try any because like I said only so much time and I just can't eat that much without getting sick.

Yes they are your basic standard garlic parmesan fries. I honestly don't think they are anything special. Smash Burger makes far better ones, in my opinion. Maybe it's the remoulade sauce that people are obsessed with, I don't know. It actually kind of makes me sad when people think so highly of something so commonly available, like they must live somewhere with such crappy food options that something like garlic parmesan fries is such a huge treat. Admittedly, I did live in such a place for a few years so I get it.

Last edited:
Storytellers had a decent buffet. It's not huge but the food is really good.

Thanks. I noticed they have brunch so that is definitely on our list since we are staying there.

We rarely take the time to eat at anything other than quick/counter service - is the Monte Cristo really all it's cracked up to be?

We rarely take the time to eat at anything other than quick/counter service - is the Monte Cristo really all it's cracked up to be?

Finally, a question I can answer lol. I had it the last time I was at DL. It's super good but I would split it with someone. it's a very rich sandwich and this is coming from someone who can eat.

Finally, a question I can answer lol. I had it the last time I was at DL. It's super good but I would split it with someone. it's a very rich sandwich and this is coming from someone who can eat.
Agree! DD and I split the MC at CO and we were so stuffed we did not get beignets for dessert!

I really want to try the Monte Cristo, but DH just refuses. He says it looks disgusting and doesn't like the idea of all the powdered sugar... *sigh* oh well.

We just got back from a crazy 2 days and tried a lot yummy food! It was a good thing there were three of us and we split everything, otherwise they would have had to roll me out of there!

Boysen Apple Freeze at Maurice's Treats next to the Fantasy Faire. I've been dreaming about these since I got home. So refreshing!

Banana Fritters at Royal Street Veranda in New Orleans's Square. OMG!

Mickey Beignets - At the Mint Julep Bar. Perfect snack for a train ride around the park!

We had excellent burgers with Pomme Frites at the Red Rose Tavern. And the Grey Stuff was awesome!

Bengal BBQ - First time there and loved it. The chicken was especially tender.

Dole Whip...of course.

Strawberry Churro in Downtown Disney was unreal!

If you like a hot open face turkey sandwich, Flo's does a really good take on it with the Turkey Dip.

Turkey Leg - another first and it was everything I've heard about it and more. Enough for the three of us for lunch.

Midnight snack of chili cheese dogs at Award Wieners in DCA. The Fries are really good....

On a non-food note...You should definitely get max pass for the day. I was amazed at how many rides we were able to do in just 2 days in the park.

Have a great trip!!!!

I really want to try the Monte Cristo, but DH just refuses. He says it looks disgusting and doesn't like the idea of all the powdered sugar... *sigh* oh well.
You know, it sounds gross to me too so I've never tried it, but with how much everyone sings its praises I've been second guessing myself. The problem is that it also sounds gross to my SO and there's no way she'll change her mind (doesn't like cheese if you can believe it), so if I try it and don't like it there will be a large amount of wasted food. So I'll probably never try it and just keep on wondering what I'm missing out on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter