Lets talk Formal Dining

loonertic

Mouseketeer
So, my girlfriend and I are going to Disney for 6 nights 7 days and we want to have one formal dinner - bottle of wine, nicely dressed etc. We like the Bluezoo's trendy upbeat atmosphere and the formal atmosphere at Victoria and Alberts, however we do NOT want to wear a tux and gown to eat dinner. What can you suggest thats right in the middle - is Bluezoo the place to be for 21 and 25 year olds? Not that money is no object by any means, but don't consider it as you formulate opinions :) Thanks in adavnce

I would vote for BlueZoo, Shula's, or Citrico's. :)

Go for Citricos. It's located in probably the most beautiful Disney hotel (Grand Floridian), upping the romance factor. The service at Citricos is probably the best in WDW, and I prefer this restaurant over the trendier California Grill.

You might want to check out the menus, but here are some suggestions.

Cal Grill, Citricos, Flying Fish, Yachtsmans St, Shulas

I love the California Grill! They have excellent food! The service is outstanding and you cannot beat the atmosphere at night with an amazing view of Cindy's castle changing colors. If you are lucky, you may even get a window seat and be able to watch the fireworks right from your seat! Very romantic! DH and I are both in our mid-twenties. We went there on our honeymoon 2 years ago and had a wonderful time!

I would also recommend the California Grill. DH and I make it a point to eat there at least once on every trip.

I love the CG too(!!) but consider it less romantic than the others because of the noise and the higher "bustle" factor.

Jiko is not ultra formal but it is very nice. You can dress nice, but not a tux or evening gown and the food is AMAZING!!!!!

Also, if you two are a wine fan they have wonderful south african wines.

I don't know if maybe you were exaggerating, but you certainly don't need to wear a tux or gown to eat at V&A. They do require men to wear a jacket, but that's a long way from a tux.

Except for V&A, you can dress "resort casual" at any of the restaurants at WDW. You will see people in all manner of dress at even the nicest restaurants.

I agree that CG is an excellent choice, but if you're looking for something quieter, more romantic, I think the best choice is Jiko. You can't beat the setting for a romantic dinner, IMHO. After a great meal, you can go outside and stroll Arusha Rock, watching the animals. It's quiet and beautiful.

Artist's Point would be another fairly quiet, excellent restaurant in a romantic setting.

Blue Zoo would be a nice choice - you said you like the atmosphere there, and you can definitely dress up and have a more "grown-up" dinner than many places in WDW. It probably has a funner atmosphere than most of the other nice restaurants at WDW too.

Victoria & Albert's is definitely formal, but not tux and evening gown formal. Plus, it would be the ultimate in romantic!

Another good choice for a romantic evening out would be Palio - especially since you're staying at the Swan. It's a quiet, romantic restaurant where people tend to dress a little nicer for their meal, but it's not overly formal.

You don't need a tux and gown at V&A's...a nice pant/sport coat or suit, and a nice dress or pant suit for your girlfriend will do just fine. The food is wonderful.

Artist Point, Jiko, Flying Fish...smart casual dress code, not enforced..food and service outstanding at all.

We are trying Blue Zoo, this weekend, and Arthurs 27 in the Wyndam, Lake Buena Vista....can't wait. Heard great things about both.

In EPCOT...Chefs de France, Alfredo's are a great place to dress nice and go for dinner at.

Actually, Bistro de Paris is much more elegant than Chefs de France, if you're planning a romantic dinner.

Originally posted by Synonymous
I don't know if maybe you were exaggerating, but you certainly don't need to wear a tux or gown to eat at V&A.

I was exaggerating to push my point over the top, but I figured you would all get the jist. Basically I have looked at just about everyone's suggestions on allears to check out menus and I think its between citricos, califorina grill, shulas, and bluezoo. They all look nice, just wanted to take a step back from the parks one night and act adult ;) Thank you EVERYONE for your input. Last trip was with friends who didn't stop to smell the roses so this year my lady friend and I are going to do it right. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter