• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's talk Villaintines/Valentines Days...

Mrjoshua

Mouseketeer
Was looking back through old threads, and doing general online searches. I was wondering if anyone can fill me in on the 13th & 14th of February at WDW...

From what I gather, Villaintines Day usually involves Villain treats for purchase at the Contemporary aaaaand not much else. Occasionally, merchandise is specifically made to commemorate the day: a shirt, pins, etc. However, it seems like the merch, and even Villaintines Day itself, aren't always celebrated at WDW. Is that correct, or is there more to it?

I've also looked for Valentines Day happenings at WDW, and haven't come up with much. Are there typically happenings/novelties for V-Day, or is it just like any other day?

Not sure what 2023 will hold but it appears that not a lot of specialty merch is being offered right now. Last I heard even party specific merchandise is not available for MVMCP which doesn’t give me a lot of hope for Valentine’s Day. There may be the odd thing but guessing not a lot.

Does anyone know if Villaintines desserts were available at the Contemporary last February? Or if the parks do anything unusual on the 13th or 14th?

Does anyone know if Villaintines desserts were available at the Contemporary last February? Or if the parks do anything unusual on the 13th or 14th?
I would recommend you ask about the desserts available in the Contemporary thread on the Resorts board. This forum is geared towards the theme parks so the portion of your question re: Contemporary may gain more traction there.

Hopefully someone here can answer about parks. We were there a few days before Valentine's Day and did not notice anything particular offered but, had left before the 13th and 14th.

I would recommend you ask about the desserts available in the Contemporary thread on the Resorts board. This forum is geared towards the theme parks so the portion of your question re: Contemporary may gain more traction there.

Hopefully someone here can answer about parks. We were there a few days before Valentine's Day and did not notice anything particular offered but, had left before the 13th and 14th.
This and google Disney food blog - awesome for food info and more!

Okay, so I posted in The Contemporary thread, checked out Disney Food Blog, Google searched, etc. I'm not finding anything about what to expect in 2023 (most likely because there is nothing to find at the moment, if at all). With tomorrow being the 1st, I thought I'd bump the thread to see if anyone has any insight into 2/13 & 2/14 at WDW.

Also, wondering if anyone can confirm or deny any Villaintine happenings/treats/merch from 2022.

From what I gather, Villaintines Day usually involves Villain treats for purchase at the Contemporary aaaaand not much else. Occasionally, merchandise is specifically made to commemorate the day: a shirt, pins, etc. However, it seems like the merch, and even Villaintines Day itself, aren't always celebrated at WDW. Is that correct, or is there more to it?
We attended in 2019, and it was as you described. Special treats available at Contemporary for one day only - and I do mean one day only, one treat was sold out when we arrived and we were told it would not be restocked that afternoon or the next day. Also, some merch, but not a ton like for a holiday party. So while it was nice, as a huge Villains fan, I got more bang for my buck at Villains After Hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter