Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle- A May '14 TR *12/3 PTR Link to Real Life News

Wow! Congratulations!!!

I completely lost track of how close it was, but I was just thinking about you the other day. She's a cutie and I'm glad everyone is doing well.

Hi everyone. I always swore I'd never abandon a trip report, but it seems that's exactly what I've done. Between taking care of 2 kiddos, the holidays approaching, and Alex ping ponging between different work schedules and locations, I just haven't had the desire to write about Disney.

Which is a shame since I have one stinking night left on this trip!

So, for the sake of tidying things up, lemme post a quick recap about my mom and I's final Disney evening.

Because I felt like a boulder was sitting on my chest courtesy of my child, I took a long nap that afternoon. When I woke up, I packed up the majority of our things so that I wouldn't have to worry about on departure day.

Landon insisted on helping:

Everything stowed in the proper place (Landon excluded) my mom asked if I was up for going back to the Magic Kingdom for Wishes and rides.

To be honest, I didn't really want to go. The prospect of more sleep and a nice dark comfy room sounded the most appealing.

But it was the MK!

And my son was finally feeling better!

Suck it up, buttercup.

I dragged myself out to the bus stop with my mom and Landon and hopped on the next bus that appeared.

Which proved to be a terrible idea.

The bus's A.C. was broken.

In August.

On what had to be the longest route possible on property.

People were revolting.

I guess Disney was trying to sweat the sickness out of me.

When we FINALLY made it to the MK bus stop, my mom and I overheard the bus driver talking to what looked like a manager, who told the driver to keep using the bus!

What the what?!?

That poor driver.

He was going to pass out in there.

And if you're going to force people to sit through a non air conditioned bus in August at 4 o'clock in the afternoon, at least change the route to a shorter one. It's a longgggg way from Animal Kingdom Lodge to the MK.

The first thing we all did once inside the park was wait in a 15 minute line for Pirates.

I HAD to go on my favorite dark ride on my birthday...it was an unspoken rule.

You can see in the above photo how hot my mom and Landon still were from the bus. The couple behind us took sympathy on poor Landon and fanned him with their paper throughout the queue.

Thank goodness for nice guests...

After Pirates we headed to Pecos Bill for dinner, and along the way Landon and I had some fun roaming around.

Dinner was eaten and by the time we left the restaurant it was dark out.

Too dark for just nighttime.

A nasty storm was rolling in.

My mom and I decided to take sanctuary in the Enchanted Tiki Room.

My sweet mother...neither of us had ever seen the show before, and she thought that was it.

Doesn't take too much to impress her.

All of us loved the Tiki Room, much more than we thought we would. It instantly became a new Must-Do for future trips.

When we came out of the theater, the rain had reached us and it was pouring.

And it kept raining.

And raining.

And thundering....

It lasted so long that my mom and I knew the nighttime parade would be cancelled and we had to make the tough decision on whether or not we wanted to stay and try for Wishes.

Being sick, having the last Disney day blues, and dreading the long drive back home the following day, I called it.

I just wanted to go to sleep.

Not an exciting way to cap off a Disney trip, but it kind of was par for the course with the entire trip.

A couple weeks later, I talked with my mother in-law who confessed that she had gotten the same illness that Landon and I had, and she ended up going to urgent care and getting on a round of antibiotics to fight it. It was that brutal.

And the day after my mom and I got back home...she fell ill with it.

It was a harsh cold, and it kind of put a shadow on our Disney trip, but who could have predicted that happening? Not every trip is going to be magical, but they all tend to be memorable. For better or worse, we had our Disney experience.

And I just hope beyond hope that I never have another trip like it.

Now, if I can ever get myself motivated, I'll start my February Disney trip, which was much better and involved a lot of splurges and firsts and Alex....Alex was back for that one!

Last edited:
But it was the MK!

And my son was finally feeling better!

Suck it up, buttercup.
That's the spirit!

Which proved to be a terrible idea.

The bus's A.C. was broken.

In August.
Oh wow... this is just ridiculous.

When we FINALLY made it to the MK bus stop, my mom and I overheard the bus driver talking to what looked like a manager, who told the driver to keep using the bus!

What the what?!?
Seriously???? Isn't that essentially a safety hazard to the guests they're going to try to cram in there like sardines???

My sweet mother...neither of us had ever seen the show before, and she thought that was it.
:rotfl2:

All of us loved the Tiki Room, much more than we thought we would. It instantly became a new Must-Do for future trips.
I'm glad you liked it! It isn't the best thing in MK, but we always enjoy the show and it is nice to have something like that that we can just walk up and do any time we want to without a long wait.

Being sick, having the last Disney day blues, and dreading the long drive back home the following day, I called it.

I just wanted to go to sleep.
Oh no. That stinks. I'm sorry the trip didn't end in a fun and spectacular way.

A couple weeks later, I talked with my mother in-law who confessed that she had gotten the same illness that Landon and I had, and she ended up going to urgent care and getting on a round of antibiotics to fight it. It was that brutal.

And the day after my mom and I got back home...she fell ill with it.
Yuck. I'm sorry that the trip was kind of overshadowed by this bug, whatever it was.

Now, if I can ever get myself motivated, I'll start my February Disney trip, which was much better and involved a lot of splurges and firsts and Alex....Alex was back for that one!
Yay! :banana: :thumbsup2

That's the spirit!

Oh wow... this is just ridiculous.

Seriously???? Isn't that essentially a safety hazard to the guests they're going to try to cram in there like sardines???

:rotfl2:

I'm glad you liked it! It isn't the best thing in MK, but we always enjoy the show and it is nice to have something like that that we can just walk up and do any time we want to without a long wait.

Oh no. That stinks. I'm sorry the trip didn't end in a fun and spectacular way.

Yuck. I'm sorry that the trip was kind of overshadowed by this bug, whatever it was.

Yay! :banana: :thumbsup2

I couldn't believe they were still using that bus, either. I mean, maybe if it was October or November, but in the dead of summer? All I could think of is how much trouble Disney would be if someone got seriously sick during that ride. Crazy...

Hello friends! I just wanted to pop in here and say that if anyone's interested, I began a PTR for our 2016 trip.

Springtime is Disney Time - A May 2016 PTR

Even if you have zero interest in the PTR portion, my last update has some pretty exciting/crazy news.

I'll probably be back within the next few weeks to post my February TR link. I'm bound and determined to write about it, because it's something I want to remember and have to look back on years from now.

Well despite the rain and your sickness :-( your last day sounds fun, not the bus ride, but the in park stuff. ;-) And WOW! on your news on your PTR.

A bummer way to end the trip but at least you were still able to find some fun in it!

Glad to hear that even with everything else going on you are still going to do a Feb TR! Looking forward to the new TR!

I guess I never commented on your last update, sorry! What a bummer of a way to end a trip. Poor sweaty Landon! Sorry that you all got sick - sickness at Disney is the worst!

On a different note, though, I am really excited to hear about your February trip with Alex!

Well despite the rain and your sickness :-( your last day sounds fun, not the bus ride, but the in park stuff. ;-) And WOW! on your news on your PTR.

The bus ride was something I push to the back of my mind when remembering Disney. Best not to think about THAT experience too much.
But getting to ride Pirates and seeing the Tiki Room was fun. Sick or not, it's hard not to enjoy the magic of Disney.

A bummer way to end the trip but at least you were still able to find some fun in it!

Glad to hear that even with everything else going on you are still going to do a Feb TR! Looking forward to the new TR!

I probably wouldn't have made a trip report for February, but so many amazing things happened that I want to record them for memory's sake. Alex and I really splurged and did a lot of things we normally wouldn't have.

I guess I never commented on your last update, sorry! What a bummer of a way to end a trip. Poor sweaty Landon! Sorry that you all got sick - sickness at Disney is the worst!

On a different note, though, I am really excited to hear about your February trip with Alex!

I took August as a learning experience and tell myself that no I know what NOT to do if Landon gets sick on vacation again.

Just popping in to say Congrats on your new addition! I went back to work after 5 month off in Sept, and haven't been able to log on. Thank goodness for Winter Break!
I also caught up on your report- sorry you were all sick- and on your birthday, no less.

Hi there, total newbie here :) been home sick the last 2 days from work, so naturally what does a Disney fan do when stuck in bed?! Read TRs that is! I've had a fantastic time reading your last few reports (crazy I know) and feel like I know you guys, even though I haven't been involved in your TRs (sure wish I had been!) I'm actually pregnant with my first right now, due in Sept and have been throwing around a March 2017 WDW trip in the back of my head, so your reports have been super helpful! Heading off to your new report now pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter