• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LG Front Loading Washer?

luvmarypoppins

<font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu
We just had the repair guy come out and tell us our Whirlpool front loader can t be fixed because they don't make the computer board needed

So he recommended getting an LG.

Anyone have one? Your opinions?

I have one. It has worked great, but it’s been less than a year, so it should. When I researched them, the LG was usually rated well. This one came on sale, plus I had a coupon for the retailer, so I just went for it.

I replaced our whirlpool one with an LG less than 5 years ago. We had a leak, called sears and paid the guy $125 to tell us what part had to be replaced (a hose, $50, he would’ve had to charge us $300 for the repair). Now we have another leak, not the hose. We have a local appliance repairman, but he says he doesn’t do LG.

I have one that I've had for over 3 years now and it is a great machine. I previously had a Whirlpool. My sister just replaced a Whirlpool with an LG also. She had so many issues with a 6 year old Whirlpool machine. I had problems with mine after only 4 years. LG is the highest rated of the current brands for front loaders.

we've had ours for just shy of 5 1/2 years and it's been great. we got the largest size and i love that i can do king sized bedding with ease.

I was in the same exact position about six months ago and took the advice and bought the LG, both washer and dryer. LOVE them!

Also, I sold the nonworking washer (it actually could be repaired but would be prohibitively expensive for us) and functioning (but rather old) dryer on Craigslist. Asked $200 for both--I thought that was too high but husband said let's try it--sold that same day and had many offers. The guy who bought them has worked for Home Depot for over 20 years and buys/repairs/sells used washer/dryers as a side gig. He asked what I was replacing mine with and when I said the LG he said they are the best.

Had ours 5 years now. Not a single issue. But there is a bit of extra work with a front loader over a top loader. My wife does everything by the book. Once a month she drains the filter. She wipes the seal and glass door dry after she is done using it. She leaves the door propped open for 24 hours after using it (the latch is designed with 2 positions, one to close the door, one to hold it open an inch or so) to let the drum dry out to avoid a musty smell. And she runs a cleaning ball through it once a month. But parts of it are under warranty for 10 years, and we have a Sears service plan, so repairs won't cost us anything.
We tend to do laundry twice a week, for 3 people.

I have had mine for at least 6 years. No mechanical issues whatsoever. I did have to learn how to balance the loads so it will spin properly. I also have to clean out under the rubber seal around the door.

I have the LG washer and dryer. Very pleased with them.

I’ve had mine for 9 years. It was repaired twice. First time was when it was 4 yrs old and it had a leaking valve where the water hose goes into the machine that turns the water on and off. It was a small slow leak and would have cost around 120 to fix but I still had it under an extended warranty. The other repair when it was 8 years old, that was a dead drain pump. It didn’t leak from that one, it just wouldnt drain at the end of the cycle. I had to drain it using the manual drain hose. Around 150 to repair.

Still, it cleans well and doesn’t have any mold issues like many front loaders. It gets a ton of use in our house with our family of 5! If it died completely I’d either get another lg or an Electrolux.

We have a matching set. I was hesitant to get a front loader, but I have come to terms with it,lol. I just make sure to always wipe the water off the inside of the door and around the seal, and leave the door open after washing. I do a ton of laundry with two teenage boys, two adults, and four dogs, and so far so good. Ours holds king sized bedding and does a great job cleaning.

Shopping for washers/dryers was stressful to me, so I wish you the best of luck making your decision!!

I love mine. I had to replace an 8 year old top of the line LG front loader with steam last year and went for the basic LG front loader with the pedestal washer. Very happy with both washers. I love LG appliances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter