Liberty of the Seas over NYE

LeahJH

Mouseketeer
Hi- I was able to get a great travel agent rate over NYE this year. We have always cruised DCL and love it. Any idea how they would stack up against each other for myself and my DD (9)? Also, how some of the on board costs add up. Soda being paid vs included is one I am coming up with. No ability to bring liquor on board is another. Any advice would be helpful. I figure it is either this 5 night cruise or a 3 night magic over our 4 day weekend in Feb.

TIA!

We sailed on the Liberty over Thanksgiving last year. Loved it. Plenty go things to do. DD(12) loved the rock claiming wall and ice skating. We all liked the movies, the ice skating show, and Johnny Rockets.

Johnny Rockets was about 5 each person all you wanted to eat. Milkshakes and drinks were extra. I can't remember if soda was available with the soda card, we all had milkshakes. Another extra we had was the Ben and Jerry's ice cream. I think it was 3-4 for a scoop or two. I personally don't miss the free soda. Lemonade, juice, and tea was fine. We do take bottled water and soda with us and never had a problem.

Two bottles per stateroom.

Just wondering how they enforce this. Couldn't two people in one stateroom have two bottles of wine in each of their own carry-ons?

And no, I'm not trying to get around the rules. It just struck me when I read this that RCL would have to have a way of knowing at the screening if two people in the same cabin both had wine in their bags.

RCCL does allow up to two bottles of wine per stateroom. How they monitor this? I don't know. Most of the time they depend on the Port employees to monitor it. I have know people that bring this and more on.

While you do have to pay for the soda package or buy soda by the glass, you need to think of the price difference you're paying in booking RCCL vs DCL. I love the soda package. I can go up to a bar or the drink machines and get one for free. With Disney, you can only get the free sodas at the drink machines or with a meal. If you get it from a bar, you will still have to pay.

As for the rest of the cost adding up, they are there if you want the items. It's not as if they make you purchase them. The extras on the Liberty would be Ben and Jerry's ice cream, The cupcake shop, Starbucks, and the specialty restaurants. When I was just on the Freedom, we ate each specialty restaurant once, didn't get Ben and Jerry's or a cupcake so our additional out of pocket cost was very limited.

I think in what you'll pay in the extra cost, you'll make up with all the other things RCCL offers like the rock climb wall, the ice skating and the flow rider. I always tell my clients to go with an open mind (as it's not Disney) and you'll enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter