• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Liberty Tree Tavern -- Impressed and Surprised

freshmanjs

DIS Veteran
We were at the MK on Thursday. It was hot and sticky out and it was lunch time. We dropped into LTT and asked if they could take a walk-in party of 5. I guess we were very lucky because they said yes! we were seated within 20 minutes.

To be honest, we were expecting mediocrity at best. We wanted an air conditioned place to sit for awhile, but weren't expecting much from the food.

We were very pleasantly surprised. The cheeseburgers, fish special (trout with vegetables), and tri-corner sandwich were all very good. The french fries were the best we had on property.

This was a very very good meal for a wdw park ts. Really much better than expected. We'll be back!

I agree. I ate there last week for lunch and LOVED the pot roast and mashed potatoes!! My son had the tri corner sandwich and also enjoyed it very much. The ooey gooey tofee cake was delicious!

We love LTT! :goodvibes I love the Colony Salad without the chicken. So tasty! Also the apple tart is super! I'm just sorry we couldn't fit it into this trips itinerary!

We were at the MK on Thursday. It was hot and sticky out and it was lunch time. We dropped into LTT and asked if they could take a walk-in party of 5. I guess we were very lucky because they said yes! we were seated within 20 minutes.

To be honest, we were expecting mediocrity at best. We wanted an air conditioned place to sit for awhile, but weren't expecting much from the food.

We were very pleasantly surprised. The cheeseburgers, fish special (trout with vegetables), and tri-corner sandwich were all very good. The french fries were the best we had on property.

This was a very very good meal for a wdw park ts. Really much better than expected. We'll be back!

It is a very good place to eat lunch and then dinner is family style with turkey and ham and beef with all the trimings and the salad is wonderful as well as hot bisquits we also were very surprised the first time we went they used to have characters :confused3Goofy and Minnie and really enjoyed that as well.. wish they would bring them back:cheer2: just added some more fun to the dinner:cool1:

Lunch at LTT has the single best dessert on all of WDW property -- the gooey toffee cake. Oh my that stuff is beyond amazing!!!

We found this after about 15 visits just this last May and I TOTALLY agree! We ended up eating here 2 times for lunch! It was so good. The colonial salad was delicious! One of the better meals on property. The only place we liked more this trip was flying fish. Far and away the best in a park!

Been to LTT every time...I love it as does family. I'm a tad bit heartbroken because they want to go to Tony's this time. I made a ressie but kept my LTT also just in case ;).

I'm so excited to hear such good reports on Liberty Tree Tavern. Mom and I have ADR's and have never eaten there. There was a statement made here on DisBoards (and several agreed) that it was just heated up frozen food like Stouffer's frozen mac and cheese, etc. That had me nervous as we are paying OOP but I've still kept my ADR, so I am glad to hear good things about this restaurant. Thanks for sharing good news!

We really like it there- but forget all about it. We made a point of putting a lunch there on this trips agenda.

We ate there for the first time in years this past December for dinner and we really enjoyed it. So, going with friends this trip and we are eating dinner there our first night.

I agree with the lunch comment. I don't think I would ever eat there for supper but sure do love the lunch.....I usually get the dinner w/ turkey, mashed potatoes,etc and I do NOT think it tasted like a frozen meal. It was pretty good and dessert was great!

Yeah, the food here is pretty good. Both times I ate here, it was without ADRs and because we just couldn't eat another sandwich. The veggie pot pie was really, really surprising. Love LTT!

It's always the first TS we eat at on our trip. A first day MK must!! Colony Salad....heavenly! And all the desserts are delicious, but Ooey Gooey Toffee cake is sublime.

Our server was nice enough to give us a copy of the recipe (they obviously get asked a lot :laughing:), so here it is if anyone is interested. It's fairly close to what they serve, but obviously they had to adjust for home baking, so not a perfect match. All the calories are still there, however. :lmao:

LTT's Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake

Cake bottom

1 box yellow cake mix
1 egg
1 stick butter

Mix ingredients and put in greased 13x9 baking pan.

Filling

8 ounces cream cheese
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup Heath Bar pieces
1 pound powdered sugar

Put cream cheese in the mixer. Beat and then slowly add eggs and vanilla. Add butter and mix well. Add powdered sugar, mix, then add chocolate chips and toffee pieces. JUST MIX TO COMBINE, don't over mix. Put on Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake bottom in your pan. Bake at 325 for 35 minutes. (I check it after 30 minutes.)

Enjoy!!! And then run 10 miles to burn off the calories. Or walk around MK for the day.

It's been quite a while since we've eaten at LTT, but we have ressies for our trip coming up in a couple of days. Glad to hear the food is still good and so many of you love it!

We have dropped in there for lunch a few times and really enjoyed the food.

Denise in MI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter